Name the Guest stars!

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
boo
Fan

Name the Guest stars!

Post by boo »

Hee .. I have been too lazy today. :lol: Okay, I was just reading an old thread about how the guy from Buck Cherry guested on the show. And that reminded me of Heavy D (not familiar with his music at all). And I got to thinking, there seem to be a fair number of celebrities who guest star on Bones. Who else can you name?
word count: 64
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Name the Guest stars!

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

It starts and ends with the magnificent Stephen Fry. :D

Okay, Cyndi Lauper is a cool guest, too. *GRIN*
word count: 18

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

Well, we can't forget Zooey Deschanel (The goop on the Girl), that was interesting to see her and Emily act together.
I know I was one of the few the liked the humor of Freddy Freaky in 'The death of the Queen Bee' but gotta love Robert Englund.
Even though his part wasn't long, there was Ace Young (American Idol cutie) in...'Wannabe in the Weeds'??
Of course you can't forget the season finale with Motley Crew either.

I was never an 'Angel' watcher, but it's my understanding that there has been quite a few stars that played in Angel that has guested in 'Bones'????
word count: 109

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Adam Baldwin (from Angel and Firefly) guested in season 1, "Two Bodies in a Lab," as the duplicitous Agent Kent. Love him. :D
word count: 22

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

JOSH MALINA was on The Devil in the Details. LOL He makes me laugh. :D

Sherry, what are you doing posting on here? Are you working on your project? Am I gonna have to throw a roll at you? ;)
word count: 38
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Adam Baldwin (from Angel and Firefly) guested in season 1, "Two Bodies in a Lab," as the duplicitous Agent Kent. Love him. :D
Oh yeah! I am such a fan, I hardly remember what the episode was about! I was just so entranced by Adam being there that I couldn't concentrate on anything but him.
word count: 57

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Wow, you guys have good memories! I don't know a couple of the people mentioned though.

And Sinkwriter, get with the program, will you?!! :P Adam Baldwin is currently staring on Chuck, which has already had three seasons! And he is GREAT on the show. I actually wasn't familiar with him before, but I love him as NSA agent John Casey. Check it out.
word count: 65

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Hahahaha, to be completely honest Boo, I had to google image almost every person mentioned in this thread!

I like guest stars, but it's funny because I haven't known ANY of the guest stars on Bones to date!! Sinkwriter, listen you me- I need to get with the program hahahaha
word count: 52
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Not a guest star..
but Eric Stonestreet (Cam from Modern Family) plays a cop in two eps of season 2 (boneless bride and stargazer)..

Llama
word count: 25

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

This thread made me laugh...Since catching up on Castle and Lie to Me recently, I'm always saying, "Hey! That was (too many to list)on Bones!" Almost every criminal/family member extra on those shows I know I've seen on Bones first.

And because I'm really a nerd, I have IMDb on my toolbar to confirm which episode. :wink:
word count: 62
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Once, after seeing a lot of familiar faces while watching a "Moonlight" marathon, I did a search & discovered about 20 guest stars/extras that had been on both "Moonlight" & "Bones." :P
word count: 30
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

There always seems to be a bank of hard working actors that turn up all the time, in various genres. Same in the UK. Can't tell you how many of the Doctor Who cast I've seen in all kinds of other things and frequently together! A lot of the show runners tend to go for the tried and trusted excellent performers. Fortunately newcomers do get a reasonable bite at the cherry also.
word count: 74
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

I'd just finished S4 ;ast night, and i found out some guest appearances.

Mayim Bialik starred in 'Cinderella in the Cardboard' (S04E20). She is best known for her role as Blossom.

Also Cesar Millan was a guest in season 4. He played himself in 'The Finger in the Nest' (S04E04).

And we didn't mention Billy Gibbons yet.

So, these are all the American actors i know who starred on Bones.
word count: 72

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Miyam Bialik, Cesar Millan, oii! I guess it's back to google images haha..
word count: 14
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

I was watching "Airplane!" & saw James Hong, the man who played the older Asian gentleman from the mortuary in "Boneless Bride in the River." He played a Japanese General who stabbed himself so he wouldn't have to keep listening to the main character prattle on about his problems.

He's also been in tons of other things, like "Revenge of the Nerds II," "Wayne's World 2," "Balls of Fury," "Tank Girl," "The Golden Child," & "Big Trouble in Little China." He's probably been in some serious stuff too, but I try to avoid serious movies. :P
word count: 97
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

James Hong has been around a long, long time. He's been in almost everything! Friends, X-Files, Hawaii-Five-O, The West Wing, Bones, Seinfeld...just to name a few I remember him from. He was in the movie "Love is a Many Splendored Thing" way back in 1955. :o
word count: 50
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

James Hong is SUCH a great actor!! He's in everything hahahahaha
word count: 12

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Watching tonight's "Bones" rerun "Predator in the Pool" on FOX, & suddenly notice that "Hey! That's Henry's new wife from 'Eureka' working at the Aquarium!"
word count: 27

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ooh, I really like Eureka, though I don't get to watch it very often. I'll look out for that! Thanks Jade.
word count: 23
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Dr.Valentine wrote:Hahahaha, to be completely honest Boo, I had to google image almost every person mentioned in this thread!

:oops: :shifty:
AngMT wrote:This thread made me laugh...Since catching up on Castle and Lie to Me recently, I'm always saying, "Hey! That was (too many to list)on Bones!" Almost every criminal/family member extra on those shows I know I've seen on Bones first.

And because I'm really a nerd, I have IMDb on my toolbar to confirm which episode. :wink:
:whistle: :shifty: :shhh:
Dr.Valentine wrote:James Hong is SUCH a great actor!! He's in everything hahahahaha

Look at you Doc, you knew somebody!! :clap: :lol:
word count: 108