Time slots

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Time slots

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Apparently, BONES will be taking FRINGE's time slot in January, & FRINGE will be moving to Friday. http://bit.ly/dBiTMO
word count: 21

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Mid-Season Time Change

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yep, and in case anyone viewing on Sky1 doesn't know, it's going to Living in the New Year. This actually does not surprise me, but does worry me slightly, as it makes it abundantly clear that Bones is losing UK viewers to the extent that it's been offloaded to a minor channel. I watch Sky1 regularly but Living is not a channel I approach much as there is such a lot of chaff there that you really have to work hard to pick out any diamonds.
word count: 89
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

In the case of the US this is actually a good thing. The slot right after American Idol AND the 9pm Thursdays time slot has historically been the best TV slot of the week here.
word count: 35
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

But won't it be going up against Grey's Anatomy and CSI? That could be troubling. I hope the move isn't FOX shooting itself in the foot when Bones has been relatively steady at the 8PM Eastern time for a while now.
word count: 44

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yeah, I guess it will (having never watched either of those I'm not sure LOL) but it couldn't stay at 8 because of American Idol, unless they moved Bones to Tuesdays or Fridays. Though having American Idol as the lead in now isn't quite what it would have been just 3 years ago, it is still a huge deal to be given that time slot. Whether that works out for them it is hard to say.

Sharon
word count: 80
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

Usually AI has been on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and not Thursdays. I'm not sure what I think of that change. I think I like it though. Just the time I like though. Not sure what I think of it followin AI. It'll either be great or sink. I know that bones can hold it's own. I do. But I know I'm not a big AI fan and tend to change the channel and know that if i change the channel, i tend to miss whatever is next. Plus Ai tends to be a little stingy with sharing time and going into the next hour slot. Since it's the second day of AI, will Bones get the short end of the stick for result shows? I do know i'll miss the bones fringe combination. I also kinda wonder if the change with AI's judges sinks AI, will it effect Bones?
word count: 156

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Again to UK viewers: Bones has indeed gone over to Living, and airs the first Wednesday of 2011 at 9.00.

One thing I'd forgotten. Of course they will start from the beginning of S6 again. On Sky we were only running a couple of weeks behind and now that will go to 9 or 10 weeks. Thank goodness for online viewing or I'd be extremely frustrated. :(
word count: 69

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I don't think we have too much to worry about. Per twitter peeps, Fox won the night in ratings with both AI and Bones and AI is getting good reviews so far with the changes, so that's a good sign.

I think the fact that Bones always starts off with a awesomely gross scene should help lure people in. :mrgreen:
word count: 61
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Bones did have good ratings (11 million, 3.6 percent) and it beat CSI (a first run CSI even!) but it didn't beat The Office which won its slot. Still, it was the largest audience for Bones in months they said. :)
word count: 42

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'd just be happy to view it quite frankly. Last night my system chose to deliver at 1mbps (!!!) making watching completely impossible. Ho hum. Glad to hear it's holding its own though. :)
word count: 34

LabQueenie84
Fan

Post by LabQueenie84 »

Well, down here Bones was usually on tuesdays at 10 pm.
Now, not only they've moved it from Fox to FX but they also moved it to Weds at 11 pm.
They are airing the 6th season starting on Feb 23rd!
Thank god for blinkx.com and watch-series.com I can keep up with the epis right away, since it takes only about an hour since it airs in the States until is posted on blinx.
word count: 78

freedom
Fan

What I don't understand!

Post by freedom »

Talk about crazy, I've only seen a few eps of new Season of Bones here and they once again taken them off for Dancing with the Stars and they do this EVERY!! Year!
OH really come on! :shock:
word count: 38

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Time slots

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, the New Year has brought unexpected good news to me. According to my new TV schedule, Sky Living starts airing series 8 of Bones on January 9th at 9.00! I wasn't expecting it till February! OK, I'll be out at choir on Wednesdays when it airs, but I will still be able to catch up with what the rest of you have been seeing. :eusa-dance: :eusa-clap: :icon-biggrin:

I guess they are pretty much duplicating what they did when they took the show over 2 years ago - it started in January then.

Big smile to start off 2013. :D
word count: 102

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

YAY!!! Glad to hear you get to see Bones sooner than you thought! :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-bouncyredfire: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
word count: 13

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

That's amazing! Here, as some people know, we were only 2 episodes behind on the US. BUT, there have been rumours that the channel (RTL4) is going to stop airing Bones. No one knows if this is only temporarily, if it's even true or what will happen. I fear for the worst.
xx
word count: 55
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins