Bones 6.15 The Killer in the Crosshairs

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Bones 6.15 The Killer in the Crosshairs

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Sticcatomamba. :lol:

Love TJ in this episode. More later, have to get to work but thought I'd get the thread started.
word count: 21
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

llamalah
Fan

Re: Bones 6:15 The Killer in the Crosshairs

Post by llamalah »

AngMT wrote:Sticcatomamba. :lol:

Haaaa. yes.
Maybe that can be Babys nickname?

"Hey stick.. come here'

oh man its been a loooong week.

So review/comments etc.

Well I loved the beginning as anyone on my twit feed would have seen. B&B were just so adorable bantering about the race and that is the first time (in my memories) that Booth has correctly pronounced something that Brennan is doing that is squintly related. Even she looked surprised about that. and I liked his 'its war' as his excuse for wanting to go..
No one believes you booth (LOVED Carolines expression when Brennan tells her this).

Other things of note:
- Cam's new hair cut. She seemed to be in one only scene. What was up with that? and considering the dramastical (ahh raising hope) changed to her hair, I was surprised by the lack of comment on it.

- Sweets apprehension w Hodgela re: baby names. I know they were playing it like he is just scared of daddy gibbons but overall he seemed a little unsure of himself - kinda like in Bullet in the Brain (though not nearly as bad).

- Michael Joseph and Catherine Temperance are fairly average names. I was a little surprised that they would choose these. Not that I thought that Sticcamamba should be the kids name either. Ange seems like the sort of person who would choose something more melodic and unique (without smoking some form of crack before choosing it).

- Kinda cute that the kid is being named after booth or brennan though.

- I still really want to know what Ange's birth name was. :-)

- Poor Hodgins. Now that he has father-in-law on one arm and wife on the other.. he is going to have to get the kids tattooed on him someplace.

- Baby Bump has gotten bigger too. Loved her showing it off to her dad.

- I loved that Caroline only got mad with sniper dude once he broke into Booths apartment "thats just crossing the line" Haaa

- VNM's line '..or are we having lunch with the Palin's" LMAO

and thats all I got.

oh except... nearly dropped my laptop when I saw the promo for next week. ADGASHAHOIHDA mmm indeed.
*runs into walls*

llama
word count: 375

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Let me get this out first so you can decide if you even want to read this review:
I can't remember the last time I was so bored by a Bones episode. I was so bored in fact that I can't even seem to find the energy to truly dislike it. Ask me tomorrow what was in it and I probably won't remember more than 2 scenes.

What do I like about Bones?
1. The cases. Dead bodies/bones and the team does it's magic to find out what happened so Booth can do his job.
2. The humor, mostly of Cam, Hodgins and Booth/Brennan
3. The backgrounds of the victims/killers
4. Cam
5. Crazy Hodgins
6. Cam
7. Funny Hodgins
8. Cam

Now let's see.
1. From the very beginning we knew who the killer was. Magic of the team? Nah... Angela just pushed some PC buttons and there was the solution. Oh yeah, and Brennan and VNM stood over a body for like a second. Did Hodgins even work? Other than telling Booth stuff he already knew, I mean? And Cam seemed to be on vacation or had a very long appointment at her hair dresser because she wasn't even there to look at the dead deer.

2. Humor: Maybe I missed it, because I was so bored, but I can't remember laughing or even smiling once. Oh no, wait... I smiled during the first scene, because I found BB running together nice. No funny Hodgins. No sarcastic Cam. Only Caroline made a bit up for it. But not enough.

3. Background infos: Uhm... no. If you don't count "Dirty politician" or "crooked cop". No. no crying wife, no affair, no dead bodies in their basements, no serial killers. Nope.

4. and 6 and 8: Cam. WHERE THE HECK WAS CAM? I looked at the time after maybe 10 minutes of Cam-less Bones and wondered. I was annoyed after minute 15 and truly bored by minute 20. So much that when she showed up in minute 27 (for her ONLY scene) I couldn't even react other than thinking "Oh... nice haircut." And then she was gone again after two unimportant and not even slightly sarcastic lines. Didn't see her again. Did she hide in the background somewhere and I missed it? maybe I should look at this episode as a "hide and seek" game and search her somewhere in the periphery during the other scenes.
I know that there are episodes when actors aren't around as much for whatever reasons. NOT having Tamara in this episode was so crucial to me, because the rest was just so blah. It made a boring episode even worse.

5. and 7.: Hodgins. Yes, he was there. And I liked it that he spoke up, twice. I won't comment on the names, because I still can' remember why they sound so familiar.
And in the end he paid for speaking up again. I guess Angela will side with her dad again ( as usual) and the next time he dares to speak up (maybe when the dad wants the kid to get a piercing at 4 months) he will get another tattoo, maybe this time to the forehead. I'm so annoyed by this "Hodgins is a total wuss and Angela/her dad tell him what they will do" story lines I can't even find the humor in it anymore.

Talking about Angela I just want to point out that I think Michaela Conlin looks gorgeous as a pregnant Angela and I like the wardrobe they choose for her, more so than her usual clothes.

As you can see, I really did NOT like this weeks episode and I can only hope that next week will be better.
word count: 641
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I didn't think it was boring at all. In fact, I didn't even think about how we hadn't seen Cam until she showed up. I liked the stuff between Booth and Brennan and I rarely do, so I thought it was good.
word count: 45
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Still gathering my thougths on this weeks episode.. :-)

One thing that have crossed my mind thrugh this season and S5 was that Bones and NCIS shared several actors.. not that I don't mind it all - all show does it at some point.
Dont' remember all their names but I think 4 actors/actresses so far - Arnold Vosloo (played Hadar on NCIS), and our very own Cam, played Cassie also in NCIS.. Booth's "girlfriend" in S5 (the episode were we got to see Hodgins once again in a wetsuit).
Sometimes it feels that Hollywood is running low on fresh actors/actress, that they have to recycle them.. I know that NCIS and BOnes are made by two different networks but please.. fresh faces.. :-)

Sorry for the rambling had to get it of my chest.

Back to the show.. :D
Didn't pay that much to the case, why was the victim killed?? because of the counterfitting of money..
As for Booth and Brennan like the interaction they had in the beginning during their run :-)

And now to the highlight: Hodgins finally grew some balls! He stood up for what he believes in! Okay he didn't do it towards Angela but her father (even I would be scared of that man). However him standing up backfired a bit - well, he did came out with a tatoo of his father-in-law, ouch.. but he got "permission" to name the kid what ever that chose.
I liked both names Michael Joseph or Cathrine Temperance - honering Booth and Brennan :)

Loved Caroline today.. her comments :D

Okay that's what I got so far..
word count: 270

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I actually liked the name "Staccato," although I could do without the "Mambo" part. --- "Staccato Temperance" maybe?
word count: 17
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I think it is a mean thing to do to a child. Other kids would end up calling the kid Sticky.

By the way, nice to hear from you Jade. Hanne was asking about you just yesterday. :)
word count: 37
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Bones 6.15 The Killer in the Crosshairs

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Another tattoo? Seriously? *grumbles*

I don't like the balance of this episode. They had a fascinating and potentially tension-filled episode with Booth up against his former mentor/friend/fellow sniper. If the sniper's target had been someone a little closer to Booth, it could have been downright terrifying (and would have been logical, since the guy was angry with Booth for being part of what caused that woman to kill herself -- a woman Jacob in his warped mind liked and thought of as a 'good' person amidst all the 'bad' people in the world).

Instead, the episode got muddied with the joke storyline about Angela's father. As much as I enjoy ZZ Top and am amused by Billy Gibbons, as much as I dig the relationship Angela has with her father... I can't stand the slapsticky way they write all of this. Why can't they treat it with realistic humor? Are we really supposed to believe that Hodgins would allow himself to get totally drunk in front of this guy yet again and end up with another tattoo? Why couldn't it be a funny yet character-driven B-storyline in which Angela learns to stand up to her own father?

It really bugged me that it was Hodgins that had to stand up to Angela's dad. When Hodgins told Angela that he was not cool with her dad interfering like this, I was hoping we'd see Angela take a step toward saying no to her dad. Stand united with her husband.

Instead, they have her acting like a little princess daddy's girl who can't say no to her own father, even though she herself was uncomfortable with giving her child a name her father picked out (especially given that she hates her own name, which he also picked out -- she hates it enough to hide it from everyone). Come ON.
word count: 321