What about this writers' strike then?

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
XrayVixen
Fan

Re: What about this writers' strike then?

Post by XrayVixen »

YAY is right! I'm just hoping that the writers got the better end of the deals and that Bones really will be back on track ASAP (using the tools taught in the book "The Secret".) :wink: I mean, I'm enjoying getting refreshed on the Season 2 episodes, but I'm really jonesing for some new TJ-hotness in action! LOL!
Thanks for posting those interview links! :)
word count: 67
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

I'm so excited! It's finally over. well almost. Heres a little part of an article i found kind of explaining the current situation for those who don't know what's going on.

Hollywood's film and television writers began returning to work yesterday as a bitter three-month-long strike over the future of digital media came to a swift and remarkably harmonious conclusion.

A bruised and battered entertainment industry will now set about restarting hit shows that have been forced to close – among them Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives and the American version of The Office – and also come up with some one-liners for the Academy Awards, which will now go ahead as normal on 24 February.

There is still some scope for a last-minute hitch. The 12,000 members of the Writers Guild of America have until the end of today to vote, either in person or by fax, on the decision to suspend the strike, and will then have another 10 days to give their verdict on the deal struck by their union representatives with the big studios.

Conceivably, they could refuse to end the stoppage, or reject the deal and thus resume it some time towards the end of next week. For now, only the so-called show runners – head writers with some producing responsibilities – have gone back to the desks. Nobody else will resume work until tomorrow at the earliest.

They're saying that this was the best deal bargained in 35 years. Yay for the writers!!
I really hope all of the shows get back on the air. I can't survive without my regulars!!! :D
word count: 276

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hot news...Bones producers are back to work, day 1, today. A 'return to work' date should be available to TJ (and us!) in the next 3 weeks or so and then we'll see how many episodes are ordered beyond those that are already available. Keep an eye on the schedules and keep the schedules thread up to date!
word count: 60
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Oh I had to come here and do a happy dance to myself now that the strike is finally over! YAY! And from what I read in Ausellio's blog, he said that "Four pre-strike episodes are scheduled to begin airing April 14. Expected to shoot 2 additional episodes. Airdate for those is TBD."

To read the whole article go here
word count: 62
~ s o f i