Bones 3.06 The Intern In The Incinerator

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
blue_eyes
Fan

Spoiler Clip for 3x06 Intern In the Incinerator

Post by blue_eyes »

word count: 9
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Nice one, thanks!
word count: 3

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Bones 3.06 The Intern In The Incinerator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sssooo...tonight's the night, keep me posted, everyone. I like the sound of this one, a murder on the doorstep is always interesting, and isn't Cam's sister coming in on things this week?
word count: 36

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I don't have much to say right now because I'll need to watch the episode a second time! A friend of mine came down last night for her nephew's graduation and spent the night at my place. She talked to me throughout the episode--even the Jack and Angela scenes!

From what I did see and hear, there was one very cute scene where Angela tells Jack that he fits the profile of the Gormagon (sp?) killer. He reassures her that he's not, they kiss, and then she says something like, "I'll sleep better now," to which Jack replies slyly, "Who says you're going to get any sleep?"

Overall, the Squints had a lot of screen time in this episode. It definitely looks like TJ is regrowing his beard for all you beard fans out there. What else? Oh, I thought the Cam and her sister storyline was just plain silly, although Booth was funny in how he handled it--he did not appreciate being placed squarely in the middle of a sibling rivalry. The best part of that plot line was when Booth goes to Jack and tells him about the kiss Cam's sister planted on him. Jack's response is to start laughing, much to Booth's vexation. Booth threatens to shoot him.

As I said, I saw the episode with many interruptions, so someone else will have to fill in the blanks and correct my quotes.

But I hope that tides you over for now!
word count: 255
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hey guys! Rebecca, you did an awesome job with your post. I'm not sure I can add any more, and I watched the episode without interruptions!

I enjoyed the episode very much, and felt like it was almost a throwback to S1 of Bones. The murder mystery plot was interesting, and had me guessing to the very end. (Usually I can peg the killer within the first half hour of the show). The one really cute Jack/Angela scene we got was great, as Rebecca mentioned already, and yes - the whole office seems to (jokingly) think that Jack fits the profile for Gormogon, the cannibalistic killer.

The other scene I thoroughly enjoyed was when they were discussing the murder victim (Jack, Angela, Zack, and ... maybe Cam was there. I forget!). Angela was talking about the victim (Kristen) having an affair with a married man, and I believe someone asked her something about the married man, and and whether she had slept with him. There was some type of suggestion (it's hazy to me right now).

Angela replied with, "I don't' sleep with married men", to which Zack replied: "But you're married," and he looked at Jack, "and you sleep with men other than your husband. How is that different?" Jack backhanded Zack across the back of the head as a response, and glared at him. I don't know why, but I found that scene humourous.

I actually kind of liked the storyline between Cam, her sister Felicia, and Booth. I think it's hilarious how Cam behaves when her sister is around, and how they both turned on Booth when he started to raise his voice to Felicia. I was also happy that Cam got a bit of a backstory (she has a 60 year old father, and a sister Felicia), and a storyline of her own. Even if she DID have Booth pretend to be her boyfriend for her father's party.

And as Rebecca mentioned already, the scene where Booth goes to Jack to talk about Felicia's kissing him ... it was priceless. I love Booth/Jack moments like these, where they chit chat like girls. And Jack's laughing at Booth's predicament was pretty darn funny. Reminded me of another of my favourite scenes when Jack discovers that Cam reads "sex books", and can't contain his laughter.

We also saw another mention of "King of the Lab", proclaimed by Jack. This is the third time this season that they've used that, and it makes me quite happy. No new advancements with the whole Birambau/PI storyline, but I think I'm glad for the break. It was just nice to see Jack and Angela work side by side, and still have their cute moment in the lab, as though they were a "real" couple.
word count: 475
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote: It definitely looks like TJ is regrowing his beard for all you beard fans out there.
You're right, it does appear that his beard is slowly creeping back in. I'm okay with either the beard or the stubble, but I DEMAND the curls back!!
word count: 48
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

begolden wrote:From what I did see and hear, there was one very cute scene where Angela tells Jack that he fits the profile of the Gormagon (sp?) killer. He reassures her that he's not, they kiss, and then she says something like, "I'll sleep better now," to which Jack replies slyly, "Who says you're going to get any sleep?"
Okay, I rewatched it, and their lines go more like this:

Angela says something about trying to get to sleep at night, and Jack answers, "Oh, I'll help you get to sleep..."

Still a very sweet line.
word count: 101

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Small point that occurred to us while we were watching on the Net - did you notice the weird way Bancroft shook hands with Booth? With his palm in an unnatural position? Well, when I saw the name I was up for it being Terry Bancroft's dad, but now I'm thinking, ooh, is he a Mason and will that have something to do with future Gormogon episodes?
word count: 68

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I didn't notice the handshake Steph, but I'll go back and take a look. Nice catch though--sounds plausible. Since this is going to be an arch-nemesis throughout the whole season, it makes sense that they'd introduce the villain early, even if we don't know that this is the guilty person.
word count: 56