Bones 8.04 The Tiger in the Tale

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Bones 8.04 The Tiger in the Tale

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I'll start!

I thought this was a great episode!

-Grossest opening scenes ever. I mean the remains splattering all over the guy and him swallowing part of it? Then Brennan getting him to puke it up?! Awesome.

-Brennan running for president. Yes, please! I mean I really wish we had someone like her running because it would be based on logic and that's really what we need right now. But the fact that she was actually making a list and telling people about her policy was just adorkable.

-Hodgins "pitying" Angela. That was a great scene. Especially funny when he said it was going to come back to bite him later. Couples in love are cute. Angela doubting herself was interesting because she really comes up with a lot of good stuff in the cases. If I were her friend I'd smack her, like seriously? And Sweets actually passing up a chance to psychoanalyze them? Oh he really had it bad didn't he?

-Speaking of Sweets....Oh, THANK GAWD. Bye bye, Daisy!! I'm hoping she'll be so heartbroken that she'll quit the Jeffersonian too. But then they would lose some potentially awkward moments in the future, so probably not. Now, that scene with the towels between Sweets and Cam was rather sweet. Hmm. HMMM.

-The case?? Um...yeah. That tiger part was actually really hard to watch and I think Brennan's reaction was very fitting for her.

Gonna watch Castle now...more brilliant insight later if I can think of some :)
word count: 259
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Bones 8:04 The Tiger in the Tale

Post by stargazer »

Thanks for starting it Ang!!

My favorite part was in the beginning (minus the gross dead person pieces), "Bug Rapture!!" LOL!! :icon-lol: PLUS, there was more TJ giggles! Sooooo funny!

I agree that hopefully there will be no more Daisy. I've always thought it would be interesting to see other love interests for Sweets. His character and his story really haven't deviated since he first came on the show, so some change would be nice. He does have a dark past, so maybe another side to his character might come out.

The tiger scene with Brennan was interesting. She had a very extreme reaction that she has never had when seeing people dead. I recall a previous episode (can't remember which season) when she became attached to a dog, and then became extremely upset when it died. Maybe she has to bottle up any feelings she has towards people, because of her job, and those feelings are transferred to animals instead. I'm no Sweets, but that's my analysis. Lol!!
word count: 173
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

stargazer563 wrote: She had a very extreme reaction that she has never had when seeing people dead. I recall a previous episode (can't remember which season) when she became attached to a dog, and then became extremely upset when it died.
Season 4 Episode 3 The finger in the nest. The dog fighting episode where the dog was the murder weapon and had to be put down. That was a sad one. I know I tear up faster in movies over an animal than a human too...lol (with the exception of children.)

I thought overall the episode was a little boring. The highlight of it for me was when Sweets said 'We're breaking up.' lol :eusa-clap: Please let it be permanent this time!!
The beginning was good in a gross out way. And how cute was Hodgins sucking up those bugs!!!
Brennan's reaction to the tiger seemed a bit extreme for me. Out of character for her to break down like that (maybe the momma instincts have made her more emotional.) I think Booth should have let her go so she could kick a$$ though...lol.
Brennan for president...oh yeah, she'd have my vote!! I think she's more serious about it then Booth thinks though.
Just an ok epi for me...the 'break up' made it worth it though!
word count: 227

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well not my favorite episode ever but it was okay. Even with all the Sweets stuff...again..sigh. I doubt Daisy is going to be gone, so it doesn't matter if they broke up or not, she will still be annoying me. Though I don't really want the actress to lose her job or anything, so maybe I can hope for just a bit less of her. :P

First time in ages that the guy who died wasn't some horrible person, just someone doing something he shouldn't have because he needed the money. That I can understand.

LOVED Hodgins happily sucking up all the bugs! Fabulous. :eusa-clap:

Thanks Ang for starting the thread! Hope more people will comment when they get a chance! :D
word count: 127
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

First things first: HODGINS

1) Him sucking up the bugs; AWESOME!! So cute/funny/hilarious and than with it the faces of Cam and Brennan xD
2) his plane replica; WHAHAHA SO COOL!!! Loved his face when the plane crashed, so adorable :romance-smileyheart: I almost cried because he was sad, so blue eyed sad :?
3) Thingy with Ang; what the heck was that? I mean, it looks kinda weird to me. I mean, first she comes in with a grumpy face, he starts being happy, he says something like ''That will come after me" or something, they talk at the diner (he's just looking at his phone?!?) and then, at the end, they're walking on the pavement together. What. The. Heck. I mean, I don't see Jack sitting there, in front of his WIFE, staring at his phone. Never. Never ever.

Then the break up: YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY xD
I shouldn't be this happy bout the break up, but it's funny :)
xx
word count: 164
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

So I forgot to post, that I asked TJ if he actually got to fly the spitfire. He didn't. Or at least he said, not really...but sort of. HAHAHAHA I would have LOVED to fly the spitfire!!

The thing between Hodgins and Angela was a bit odd but it is a setup thing for something coming up with Angela later in the season I believe. Something about her being unhappy with her work (though I thought that was cleared up a long time ago, when she had her job description given to her in a "deep African American voice").
word count: 101
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

skftex wrote:So I forgot to post, that I asked TJ if he
The thing between Hodgins and Angela was a bit odd but it is a setup thing for something coming up with Angela later in the season I believe. Something about her being unhappy with her work (though I thought that was cleared up a long time ago, when she had her job description given to her in a "deep African American voice").
I think something is going to happen between Angela & Hodgins too.
I'm sure Angela loves baby Michael and Jack, but part of what she was in the past is still with her, she was a rebel, she was an artist, she belonged to Paris, and now she is a mom, with a regular life, as much as you can call "regular" what they do at the Jeffersonian, still... I think it would be consistent with her character to see some reflection from her about the kind of life she wanted and the one she is living.
word count: 172

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I've only just got to see this and found it pretty ordinary. This was partly because of the case, which didn't set me alight; I had hoped for more of the beautiful tiger, so it was disappointing to see only bits of it. Literally (I guess at least I liked the victim this time - keen to come through for his family. But the lessons about class and casual labour were all a bit smug and self-congratulatory). But it was also because everything that happened to our guys seemed to be a setup for later. It's quite clear that Ange is going to have a crisis of confidence and maybe resent Jack's pleasure in his job and success at it; that Sweets has finally reached growing up time, so hopefully we'll see some of the new maturity at some stage; and that Brennan and Booth are going to continue arguing about their daughter's upbringing. But none of it is actually happening as yet, so the ep felt a bit bland.

However, there was lots of great comedy, gross and otherwise (please don't make me watch someone vomit on telly again!) and I quite enjoyed the way everyone was giving Sweets advice rather than vice versa. The scene with the Spitfire was a joy, and so was the bug hoover. But I thought that the actual splitting up scene between Sweets and Daisy was unconvincing (too much too quickly; Sweets hadn't shown the slightest inkling of doubt to Daisy, and the discussions he had with the others didn't seem to have left him quite as firm in his decision as he turned out to be) , as also was Bones' reaction to the dead feline. Yes, she cares passionately about the dead, but she is more likely to react pragmatically than hurl herself tearfully at the perpetrator imho.

A bit of a filler then, but with a few nice touches.
word count: 327
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Ah, it's been a long time since I saw this one but didn't have the time to comment earlier.
Fortunately, I remember the episode (or at least the most important things ;)

Soooo... Mmmm... I haven't really been caught in this one.

I have to say that all the Brennan parts this time really bored me. Brennan for President? Even if I understand the character and so on, this really seemed way too much and I didn't like.
The worst part for me was her over reacting to the tiger... I found this scene exagerated and weird finally.
This didn't get me in the episode :-/

Angela... Well... As far as Bones goes on, I understand less and less her character...

Sweets and Daisy... they should remove those 2. They bring nothing to the serie... Sorry to say this...

Good points though!!! ^_^ Very good ones actually: Hodgins sucking all the worms was hilarious ^_^ and of course, the spitfire scene, so funny and cute.

word count: 166
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Bones 8.04 The Tiger in the Tale

Post by TJ4ever »

OK, started watching S8 and this is the first ep i'd like to say a few things about.

The opening scene was very gross. When the face landed on this guys shirt and he swallowed a tooth. And then Brennan made him throw up. ...so, no chips for me! :-? Should watch Bones more often. Maybe I'd lose some weight! ;-)

The giggle from Hodgins was so cute when he sucked up the bugs with this sort of vacuum cleaner. :animals-worm: :happy-smileygiantred: Always nice to see that someone is happy with his or her job.

When they found the dead tiger that was very sad. I really like tigers. Beautiful animals!

Brennan running for president - strange! And I must say - sometimes I don't like that Booth and Brennan are together. Some scenes are absurd - like the ending scene with the buttons.

Sweets and Daisy breaking up - well, I just thought that Sweets should have told her earlier and not when they both standing in front of their new apartment. And Hodgins and Angela walking by - was that by accident? Must be a small city! ;-)
word count: 183
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Re: Bones 8.04 The Tiger in the Tale

Post by Sculder1013 »

oh God yeah that opening scene was awful - but also strangely funny at the same time haha

Lance and Daisy's relationship always confused me so much. They were so cute together I didnt understand at all what Lance was thinking in that ep. Although I loved him living with Booth and Brennan. That was brill as it brought them all closer.
word count: 62