Bones 3.07 The Boy In The Time Capsule

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Bones 3.07 The Boy In The Time Capsule

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm sorry I can't write a review of this just now. It will have to wait till I have 5 minutes to myself, and what with son no1 coming home for the weekend, that might take a while yet. I found the show on youtube a mere 18 hours after it aired, but watching it has played havoc with my bedtime and it's nearly midnight.

It's played havoc with other stuff too. There is not enough Hodgela action here, but there is a great deal of Jack with Cam, which is a relationship that's starting to develop nicely into a relaxed friendship and mutual respect. And really, people, is it just me? - does TJ not look hotter than usual in every single shot? definitely quivered a bit there at times. Some stunning close ups with those amazing eyes. But someone has to get him out of that lab coat in the near future. Imagination is just not sufficient.

Or maybe it is.

*thud*
word count: 168

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

This completely slipped my mind! It has been a busy week for me (TV wise) with wonderful episodes, characters getting shot, great chemistry moments, couples breaking up ... yikes! I do say I live for my TV.... (sad as that may seem).

This episode of Bones was just okay for me. I did like a lot of aspects of it, but at the same time I felt the whole "that guy" thing was overdone. (Especially when it made a play in House, which follows Bones!). I also think they could have done more with everyone's 80s stories, too! But I did love the mentions of things like the Beta tape, the Smurfs (I was just a kid, so it was appropriate for me to like them. But as a teenager? That seemed a bit odd, though I have to admit I'm a SpongeBob and Scooby Doo fan now, and I'm well over childhood...).

I LOVED the Cam/Jack scenes. These characters just work so well together, and the actors have a natural chemistry (though I'd say it's more of a friendship chemistry, although if Jack wasn't with Angela, I thin I'd like to see him with Cam). I really look forward to any scene now with TJ and Tamara, and we had a few in this episode.

My favourite Jack/Angela moment has to be when he called her his "Geek Princess" after she confessed about the video game thing. That was entirely too cute :)
Last edited by KimberHodgela on Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 251
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Re: Bones 3.07 The Boy In The Time Capsule

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:But someone has to get him out of that lab coat in the near future. Imagination is just not sufficient.

Or maybe it is.

*thud*
When you say "out of that lab coat" do you mean along the lines of The Man in the Fallout Shelter, or the "Cleopatra's Bed Scene"?? 8) Because that would be totally okay with me too. But I'd also like to see him in street clothes more often ... maybe a nice sweater, or those lovely button down cowboy-esque shirts TJ seemed partial to this summer...
word count: 94
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 3.07 The Boy In The Time Capsule

Post by ThyneAlone »

KimberHodgela wrote: When you say "out of that lab coat" do you mean along the lines of The Man in the Fallout Shelter, or the "Cleopatra's Bed Scene"?? 8) Because that would be totally okay with me too. But I'd also like to see him in street clothes more often ... maybe a nice sweater, or those lovely button down cowboy-esque shirts TJ seemed partial to this summer...
Oh both, definitely, both. The boy has style and we don't see enough of it.
word count: 85

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Well, I'm very, very late to the party, but I suppose I was in no hurry because like Kimber, I thought that this was just an okay episode and I was very disappointed in the lack of 80's reminiscing by our squints.

Oh, and of course the lack of Jack and Angela scenes. I really like Cam, but I found myself saying, "Oh great, it's Cam having yet another conversation with Jack--not Angela."

What I did love was "Geek Princess," and Angela's "I was all about the Barbies." My sister will appreciate that line, since she was a teenager of the 80s and she was ALL about the Barbies as well (when she was ten, anyway). She also loved her Charlie's Angels and Bionic Woman action figures.

I also agree that TJ looked very handsome. The beard does seem to be growing out, but still closely trimmed, and the hair seems just as short. That's okay--the look is definitely working for him.
word count: 170
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I did like this better than ok, I have to say. It was all about the past and how it shapes our present and we can't get away from it, which of course has been a Hodgela theme since the start of S3. The watch was a strong symbol of the passing of time and actually even contained a 'guilty secret', the cocaine compartment. Interesting to see Angela foraging around in the mucky remains in a way that made me think perhaps, through Jack, she's evolved into a stronger person who can cope with the ramifications of the past rather than running away from it and trying to ignore it. The BB interaction (yes - far too much 'that guy' nonsense. Anyone like to speculate on what Hodgins was like at school?)also showed us that the painful process of revealing ourselves to another person has to include the bad bits of our history.

On the lighter side, the delving into the 80's was hilarious and evocative, and even though 'my' era was really the late 60's and 70's (the period during which all soccer players looked ridiculous with those tight shorts and mullets or perms), I still recalled all that stuff with affection. Bygone innocent age. And, as Rebecca said, definitely not enough memories from the squints themselves. Mind you, you have to be careful with the timeline - fans of Buffy and Angel will have bitter experience of this. Surely the victim's kid Alex should have been older, judging by when he was conceived? I'm sure they were still talking about school..

Our cute Jack and Angela moment was there, but it was really just that one - the wonderful 'geek princess' bit. I love it when they're looking into a computer screen together!
word count: 301

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:I love it when they're looking into a computer screen together!
I agree! :D It seems we get a lot of those "at the computer together" scenes, and I love them. There's just something about the way the two of them look at the screen together, and then towards each other that makes me happy :)
word count: 58