Bones 8.05 The Method in the Madness

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 8.05 The Method in the Madness

Post by stargazer »

Ok. So overall this episode was only ok for me. Nothing really stood out to make it a great episode, however I did find the opera singing in the beginning funny and the dancing done by Bones and Sweets in the end to be pretty hilarious!! :icon-lol: Oh, and I much prefer TJ in a towel to John in a towel! :icon-mrgreen:

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a whole lot of Hodgins in this episode other than the part where he started the pool on how long Sweets would stay with Brennan and Booth. Sorry I don't have much more to say, but I'm really looking forward to next week's 9/11 episode! :D
word count: 118
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 8:05 The Method to the Madness

Post by skftex »

I also think this episode was just okay. Definitely not a lot of Hodgins time, though I did like when he popped up in the garbage truck. That made me laugh.

The pool was good too, "I don't have a box for infinity, the longest I have is a month" BAHAHAHAHA I like that he used "infinity" its such a scientist/mathematical word (or Buzz Lightyear word ;)

Too much Sweets for me in this one too, but that has become the norm so I guess I just have to live with it.

word count: 93
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

LOL I think I could have thrown up over that Sweets thing xD
Please, can't they give us TJ in towel instead of J.... J... haha I can't even say it :D
I loved the pool thingy, so cute, now even the word 'infinity' reminds me of Hodgins, great... Lol it's getting worse every episode.
Okay now the dancing: THAT WAS SO ADORKABLE FUNNY IDK IT WAS AWESOME!! I was watching and then suddenly I bursted out laughing so my mom, dad and sis all looked at me like 'what the?!'
And may I just notify the dress Angela was wearing? I loved it! I mean the blueish thingy she was wearing during most of the episode. Lol I wish I had her body ;)
xx
OMG ALMOST FORGOT! Did you see how adorable Christine was? awww!!! I need Michael Vincent back though, not only mentioning him :/
word count: 148
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hmm well, not much more to say about this; everyone has said it all. However it was quite nice that although there was a traditionally grotesque corpse discovery (not to mention a humorous one - the amateur operatics were actually quite good!), we cared about the victim for once. The minute we started to see the regularity of the injuries my beloved and I had the circumstances pinned, though; the kinky sex angle didn't fool us at all. A bit transparent in my view, plot wise, not assisted by my incredulity that the girl's slight partner had managed to clean up what must have been a total bloodbath AND carry all the bits to a skip without being observed. And had she used the machine since? Yeuch. I have an image of baby food full of minute bone fragments.

While we are on the subject, apple sauce at 9$ a tiny pot? I don't think so! I don't care how organic it is or how wealthy Bones is, that is simple profligacy. Has she not learned to make her own in her period on the run?

Sweets moving in. Oh no. How long is he going to stay? Is this not just going to underline the chasm growing between the everyday squints in the lab and the triad of Bones, Booth and Sweets? And the towel. No, no, no, wrong! I did miss Hodgins in this one, he didn't get enough screen time, although the scene with the pool was brilliant. Looks like Ange might win, too - she really is the people person of the crew.

I can do without Brennan dancing. Even to my teenage years' T.Rex accompaniment (Marc Bolan was not my thing but sometimes I nostalge). I didn't even like her previous forays into singing and dance, like the iconic Hot Blooded scene. They didn't feel natural.

OK overall and good to see that Christine still exists. Can we see Michael too please? :)
word count: 333
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Just realized that the title of this episode was The Method IN the Madness, not The Method TO the Madness. Oops. Oh well.....
word count: 23
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 8:05 The Method in the Madness

Post by ThyneAlone »

Changed it for you. :)
word count: 4
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Thanks Steph! :D
word count: 2

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Mmmph...
Too bad, I don't remember this one...
I guess it wasn't the most memorable one...
I've tried to remember the episode by reading your posts, but nope...
I will have to watch it another time if I have the opportunity.
word count: 44
The waffle conspiracy...