The Bones Q & A

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: The Bones Q & A

Post by hanneDK »

Earlier today I was listing to some various music and one of the songs that came up was Sinead O' Connor - Angel, which can be found on the OST.. but I simply can't figure out in which epi it has been used in?? :think:
Hoped some of you, guys, might know
word count: 51

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Good question, Hanne! I looked it up but couldn't find it anywhere!
word count: 13
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sometimes they put music on the soundtrack that wasn't used in episodes. Since it is called Angel maybe it was supposed to be funny? I don't know. I know it hasn't been in any Bones episode. By the way, this is a great site to find out what songs were used in episodes:

http://www.tvshowmusic.com/shows/bones.html

They do have some other tv shows as well. :)

word count: 72
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Music from the eps is also listed in the official guides, so that's a good starting point.
word count: 18
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

JasonW
Fan

Question about Hodgins money...

Post by JasonW »

** This could contain spoilers for those of you like me who are binging to catch up on the show **

OK, I'm binge watching Bones. Just started season 8. I had someone who found out I was watching Bones spoil the fact that some time in the future TJ's character loses his money because of some criminal idiot. Then they said that he and Angela have to "learn to live as ordinary folks."

OK...here's where I'm wondering something.

I know that he doesn't have mega, super, I can do anything bucks...but didn't Brennan give Angela a 25% cut of her book money in a previous episode? If that's the case...and Brennan writing books is an ongoing thing...wouldn't that be more than enough for Hodgins and Angela to have a more than comfortable life?

Or was I fed bad spoilers from my friend?
word count: 153

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Question about Hodgins money...

Post by skftex »

Hi Jason! Welcome!

Okay so, no, not a bad spoiler. But sometimes the writers conveniently forget things for the sake of the current story. So Angela's cut of the book writing money is never mentioned, even though yes, she should have had money. Just like when Hodgins loses his money they never mention how many people would be out of work and barely, and I mean just barely, touch on how losing the Cantilever group as the largest sponsor of the Jeffersonian would impact it. The whole losing the money thing is really a sore spot with me because I found it to be poorly handled, even the way they make it "disappear" was just stupid to me, but then I found the whole "criminal idiot" storyline to be unbelievable-but others absolutely loved it. I hope that answers your question because I was trying to answer without dropping too many other spoilers in for you.

Sharon

word count: 158
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

JasonW
Fan

Post by JasonW »

Great answer. Thanks Sharon!
word count: 4

JasonW
Fan

Post by JasonW »

OK, just saw the episode where it happened...and boy...does this shatter my ability to suspend disbelief to watch the show.

There's no way something like this could happen and his money just go "poof." They have the path used to "drain" the account, they have proof it was done by the serial killer, etc. There's no way in any kind of real world scenario they would lose the money. Especially people this smart.
word count: 77

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Exactly! Plus what about the people and physical assets? Because the money went poof those things just disappeared? The whole Pelant storyline is unbelievable to me, because they dumb down the team to make him look smart.
word count: 37

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

hannedk wrote:Earlier today I was listing to some various music and one of the songs that came up was Sinead O' Connor - Angel, which can be found on the OST..
I did find out something interesting about the music quite recently - apparently not all of the montage music on the US DVDs is the same as that on the Region 2 DVDs. Bizarre. No idea why that would be.
word count: 70
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

That's weird. I wonder why the US music is different than the Region 2 DVDs music? I wonder which songs are different?
word count: 23
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.