Bones 8.08 The But in the Joke

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 8.08 The But in the Joke

Post by stargazer »

I'll start this one. :) Overall, I liked this episode, but I've got to say that it definitely wasn't the best one I've seen. First, I thought it was a huge coincidence that Zed happened to fall exactly where there was a dead body and managed to glue himself in the same position, but I guess they have to start the episode in an interesting way. Even though he was a little creepy, I actually kind of liked the artist. He helped Angela to realize that she was still an artist herself outside of the Jeffersonian, however I hope that she doesn't decide to leave entirely. I don't think that poor Hodgins could take that!

It was obvious from the beginning in my mind who the killer was, so finding him was a little anticlimactic. The cheesy humor at the comedy club did have me giggling and even my daughter loved the joke about circles being pointless. LOL!! :icon-lol: I liked the banter between Booth and Bones at the end, it seemed to bring back their personalities I remember from previous seasons.

The best part of the episode were the Hodgins scenes (of course!). Even though I didn't like the fact that Angela kissed Zed, I liked the dynamic that it brought to the Angela/Hodgins story line. They haven't really had anything happen to their relationship since the baby was born, so it was nice to see more of their personal lives. I LOVED the toilet scenes!! The look on Hodgins' face when he looked in that stall was priceless!! :laughing-rollingred: And again, they used a song that I didn't recognize through the sequence. I don't know about anybody else, but I really like that the writers added that type of musical element in the last 2 episodes. Music has always been a good way to bring more feeling to a show and this is no exception.

Can't wait for next week's 150th episode. Looks awesome!!!
word count: 336
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

MarinaDuister
Fan

Re: Bones 8:08 The But in the Joke

Post by MarinaDuister »

I'll just start with the fact that I am INCREDBLY annoyed by the writers these days. I want to punch them in the nose or something. They make the show less fun AND cause the fact that only few people care about Hodgins and Angela, but EVERYONE's all about B&B. Just ARGH

I have to admit that I laughed at the 'am I the only one who thinks circles are pointless', but then I found the last scene weird. Like, weird weird.

When Angie kissed that 'Zed' dude, I wanted to punch someone. Like literally. Sure, Angela loves the artist for his work, but kissing him means hurting Hodgins, and hurting Hodgins means hurting me. Just simple math. 'When the Asian chick kissed me.' :angry-banghead:

By the way, somehow I noticed that these days, Angela often wears a dress with belt, which causes her stomach to be laid an accent on. It just seemed to me as a slight baby-bump for a moment, noting she's always been incredibly thin. Or Michaela decided to not be too skinny anymore, which would be good I guess... :/

Back to the episode: KILLER TOO OBVIOUS! Like really really obvious. As soon as he stood there with Alexa, I was like : 'Perfect motive. Worst laugh ever. Dude you're being obvious there.' And also when he was in the interrigation room, it was just all weird. They didn't even have to question him more, and just got a confession?!

Haha Hodgins though :crying-pink: Oh gosh, just realized: Now I'm going to be thinking of him when going to the bathroom. Oh god :eusa-doh:
Peanut butter? Like really? I LOVED THAT PEANUT BUTTER GUN!!
:teasing-binkybaby: I'd like to see Michael back soon though :( Would love me some Hodgins/Michael interaction!
So I'm just going to sit here now, thinking over the stupidity in the episode and hope it'll get back to awesome soon. Yeah something like that. O :romance-smileyheart: I still love Hodgy though ;) <3
xx
word count: 335
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

So, my question that just came up to me:
What do you guys think of the fact that Angela kissed Zed? I mean, someone just told me (she's very much against Hodgins at the moment :angry-banghead: ) that she's:

"I'm okay with that! Cuz I know this character like no one else :)"

Sure, Angie is the free-minded artist and blablabla but I just can't handle the pain she's causing in Hodgins :(
xx
word count: 76

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I didn't like the kiss either but I think it was a way for her to connect with her artistic side again, and Hodgins seemed to understand that once she explained that to him. I'm hoping that this episode is what the writers were referring to when they mentioned something getting in between Angela and Hodgins, but I'm afraid we're going to see more personal issues with them. :( We'll just have to hang in there and wait to see what they have in store for us.
word count: 91
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

A positive side of this could be that we could finally get to see his house! Or mansion, whatever I should call it :eusa-dance:
I know it's part of life, but it's just aching...
I suppose he's taking it all in well, and understands, but to be honest, I think he's gone through a LOT already. A whole lot.
xx
word count: 65

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:doh: I don't remember this one AT ALL...
What was I doing???
I will probably not have the opportunity to watch it again. Too bad.
word count: 25
The waffle conspiracy...