Fox does it again

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
willowwood
Fan

Re: Fox does it again

Post by willowwood »

skftex wrote:SpoilerFix is showing them airing like this so far:

Baby in the Bough-April 28
Man in the Mud-May 5
The Wannabe in Weeds-May 12 (last episode recorded before strike)
The Player Under Pressure-May 19 (season 2 episode that was pulled, "tweaked slightly")
Thanks so much for that Sharon. I've seen alot of different press releases about the changes in schedules etc, and they've all pretty much confused the hell out of me lol. So thanks for posting a clear list of what's going on *starts marking down the days until April 28th*
word count: 101
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

It just occurred to me (then again, I am slow...) that with the writers' strike and shortened season, we probably won't get the resolution of the Angela's husband storyline this year, will we? Or worse yet, what are the chances we might get a hastily thrown together scene or two in one of the already written episodes that's supposed to tie up loose ends? (shudder... :? )
word count: 68
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ugh. I hope not, Rebecca. I second your shudder.

I only hope that when this all gets resolved, everyone involved can come back and be allowed to do their jobs well. No shortcuts, no half-ass storylines in order to cram in the season. The season is already thrown off, just go with it and do what you can in the time allotted or make it an odd 'summer' season. Something! Just don't f*** it up. ;)
word count: 77

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Can I third your *shudder* guys?! I think I would honestly prefer for them to leave it until the 4th season (which I REALLY hope we'll have), rather than just throw it all together and give us a half-assed conclusion if the writers strike continues for too long. I mean it's already a storyline that's basically put on the burner until they feel the need/find the oppurtunity to throw it out there for us, and we already wait with baited breath for more news of the divorce, and the chance to see Jack(TJ)/Angela(Michaela) do what they do best and shine during their scenes together (not that they don't shine anyway of course lol)...so I'd think I'd definitely prefer to wait, rather than be disappointed with a rushed outcome. Know what I mean??
word count: 144
Wil xxx

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Abso-friggin'-lutely! :D
word count: 3

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

I can wait. *wipes away a stray tear* Though it will kill me to know what Hodgins is STILL kindofbutnotreallyincompetetionwiththisotherguy& not legally with Angela, the plot deserves a good tie up. I mean, I know we'll get the customary BB scene after it whether we like it or not (we probably won't) but at least it will matter and won't be rushed. It's worht the wait.

In short: I concur.
word count: 74
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Me too. I'm also hoping that even if the season is foreshortened like this we don't get one of those forced cliffhangers that deny reality on the same level as the cousin with the bad rug. Keep the people real, please. I know I've been irritated with the Birimbau arc and its various unbelievabilities, but now it's moving along let's give TJ & Michaela a bit of space to work with it, hey??

Oh and what's this 'tweaked slightly' PUP? Wouldn't it need a tweak of the mighty variety like replacing all the Hodgela scenes just to start with?
word count: 105
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

ThyneAlone wrote:Oh and what's this 'tweaked slightly' PUP? Wouldn't it need a tweak of the mighty variety like replacing all the Hodgela scenes just to start with?
My thoughts exactly!....I mean if they're expecting us to accept the episode within the cannon of S3 then won't TJ have had to reshoot all his scenes? I mean when PUP was originally filmed he'd got his full head of curls, and then of course like you said there is all the Hodgela stuff that needs to be changed.
word count: 93
Wil xxx

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Maybe 'tweaked' is a code word for 'completely reshot the whole thing except for a few B/B scenes and let TJ and Michaela ad lib a scene to make up for the time he was supposed to spend impromptu proposing to her'.

Ya, I'm delusional. So what? :P
word count: 49
xox.

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Callieach wrote: and let TJ and Michaela ad lib a scene to make up for the time he was supposed to spend impromptu proposing to her'.

Ya, I'm delusional. So what? :P
rotflmao! Now that is a scene I would love to see! Hmm I wonder how a J/A scene created completely by TJ and Michaela would go. I bet it'd be awesome.
word count: 65
Wil xxx

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

My brain turna into a puddle of RPF-loving goo at the thought. Which is so wrong right here.
word count: 19
xox.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Unless they're simply planning to air it as its own episode? With no real connection to the S3 episodes that precede it?

I think back to when Firefly was on FOX, and they aired several episodes out of order. At the end of the season (and what turned out to be the end of the show's entire run), they aired the episode that Joss Whedon had intended to be the pilot episode. No explanation, just how it was.

And when the series came out on DVD, Joss was able to put the episodes in their proper order, as they really should have been seen.

Unfortunately, in Bones' case, the season 2 DVD is already finished and sold, so it's not like they can add it in its proper sequence. They may have to include it as an episode all its own with the S3 box, maybe on a separate disk, with an explanation of where in the series it actually fits. *shakes head and shrugs* I dunno, what can ya do? :roll:
word count: 174

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Callieach wrote:My brain turns into a puddle of RPF-loving goo at the thought. Which is so wrong right here.
*headshake* on so many levels...

Sherry, I'd forgotten Fox was a pig to 'Firefly' as well. But you never know what they are going to do with anything. They promised us all sorts of different things with PUP - end of the series, in order on the S2DVD, out of order on the S2DVD, excerpts, airing early in S3. Personally don't believe a word they utter any more...
word count: 90

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Total pig to poor Firefly. A pig from hell, if I may quote a movie. ;)

That show and those actors deserved so much better. *still shaking head* I can only hope FOX finds a way to do right by the Bones cast and crew. And Joss's upcoming Dollhouse program -- what is this guy, a glutton for punishment, going back to FOX after what they did to Firefly??

*sigh* I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.
word count: 80

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Callieach wrote:My brain turna into a puddle of RPF-loving goo at the thought. Which is so wrong right here.
rotflmao!
Sinkwriter72 wrote:Unless they're simply planning to air it as its own episode? With no real connection to the S3 episodes that precede it?
Yeah Sherry, that would be the most logical explanation...but it that was the case then why re-shoot certain scenes? and why take out the Jack/Angela proposal? (if that's what they're doing of course, has it actually been confirmed how/if they're changing it?) I mean we already know that Jack proposed to Angela once because he discusses it with Booth in The Spaceman in the Crater. So they could easily do a Firefly as you explained it and just say 'this was the episode we didn't show' enjoy. Don't you think?

But like you said all we can do is be thankful that we'll have an extra episode to watch, and accept whatever they give us :D :D .
word count: 172
Wil xxx

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I honestly think that would be best, rather than tweaking it to death and potentially destroying the structure of the actual episode the way it was originally written and meant to be seen.

Who knows? Their 'tweaking' could be as simple as a quick time stamp that reads "A year earlier." LOL. Or maybe they'll have to do some kind of voiceover (whatever it's called when they go back into the studio to record lines that may not have been heard over scene or background noise, etc.) to alter a couple of lines that don't quite fit with canon anymore.

I'll just be happy to see it. I just don't want them to tinker with it too much. Let us see it how it was supposed to air last year. Not that I have any say so in the matter. ;)
word count: 145

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I think you're right. If it's decently written, the J/A moments ought to slot in seamlessly with the case rather than being forced in last-minute. That's what bothers me. Anyway, why should sequence worry anyone? As far as I can see from the listings, the reruns are being shown hugely out of order and people, understandably I reckon, are not complaining!

Actually, that's how I first got into 'Bones'. Watching the nightly Sky1 repeats in no particular order. Happy days.<sigh>
word count: 87

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Wasn´t DARK ANGEL on FOX, too? Loved it! Sorry it was cancelled! :(
Simone
word count: 14
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

ThyneAlone wrote:I think you're right. If it's decently written, the J/A moments ought to slot in seamlessly with the case rather than being forced in last-minute. That's what bothers me. Anyway, why should sequence worry anyone? As far as I can see from the listings, the reruns are being shown hugely out of order and people, understandably I reckon, are not complaining!

Actually, that's how I first got into 'Bones'. Watching the nightly Sky1 repeats in no particular order. Happy days.<sigh>
I'm not too worried about sequence but then, the first Bones I saw was Boy in the Time Capsule. Then I watched the next two of season 3, then watched all of season 1, 2, and what I had missed of season 3. So it'll feel normal to me. ;) But then last Friday FOX showed The Boneless Bride in the River, and today they showed the Pilot, and this coming Friday they are showing The Priest in the Churchyard. So it looks like Fridays are in some order, but Tuesdays are all over the place-but then I think American Idol starts next week so we probably won't get a Tuesday episode anymore. :(

I think the "year earlier" idea is actually not bad if they want it to blend into Season 3, with a few other scenes added to know why they are going backward.

That schedule I posted is of course not set in stone, being just through a spoiler site that gets its information from sources, not the network, but they tend to be right more than wrong.

Sharon
word count: 273
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

buffyangelbones
Fan

Post by buffyangelbones »

Us over here in the Uk have been given april 28th as the next air date for bones, you guys are lucky tht it should be aired at the ende of this month....
word count: 33