Things that annoy or intrigue Bones fans

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Things that annoy or intrigue Bones fans

Post by begolden »

Just a little mention about the hands--or lack of authentic TJ hands--in "Glowing Bones in the old Stone House." The opening shot of TJ arranging the shrimp is not TJ--the wrists are covered with dark hair and the watch is on the wrong hand. You'd think they'd get a hand double that at least had the same coloring! But talk about a wonderfully emotive scene for both TJ and Michaela--but that conversation goes on another thread...
word count: 82
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

begolden wrote:Just a little mention about the hands--or lack of authentic TJ hands--in "Glowing Bones in the old Stone House." The opening shot of TJ arranging the shrimp is not TJ--the wrists are covered with dark hair and the watch is on the wrong hand.
And the fingers aren't long enough. That man could be a pianist no problem. Why use any kind of a double by the way? Even if he were allergic to shrimp, he is wearing gloves!
word count: 85

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:
begolden wrote:Just a little mention about the hands--or lack of authentic TJ hands--in "Glowing Bones in the old Stone House." The opening shot of TJ arranging the shrimp is not TJ--the wrists are covered with dark hair and the watch is on the wrong hand.
And the fingers aren't long enough. That man could be a pianist no problem. Why use any kind of a double by the way? Even if he were allergic to shrimp, he is wearing gloves!
I never did understand that, either. I think over on the tv.com forum, someone may have pointed out that perhaps they used a hand double because the scene was shot AFTER the fact, and they didn't have the time/desire to get TJ back for the faceless shot. Perhaps, as I believe was pointed out, the writers wanted it to be more obvious what Jack was arranging.

Still ... I mean, c'mon. I have to laugh whenever I see continuity problems (gloves on/off, jewelery on/off, hair up/down), because isn't it someone's job to watch for things like that?
word count: 192

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

With you on that Kimber I can't understand how so much money is spent on a series and they make such basic mistakes on continuity-very poor in my opinion.I spotted the hands snafu in Glowing Bones straight away.If TJ has allergy then gloves should help.Probably there was a glitch and it was decided to do a double if he was not available.Mind you perphaps other series don't have such eagle eyed fans as us.LOL
word count: 82

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh, they do, they do. In fact I find it reassuring that there are other sad people than me watching closely enough to spot such things!!
word count: 26

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

So let's all be sad together then Steph.If like calls to like in Nature we were meant to meet obviously :lol:
word count: 22

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:Oh, they do, they do. In fact I find it reassuring that there are other sad people than me watching closely enough to spot such things!!
Oh yes, Steph, you and Victoria are not alone in the eagle eyed viewing! Hey, we even pick up on non-visual things - like the whole deal with Angela's previous marriage, her knowing about it previously, and not doing anything. Also, I think that we can say we have a pretty good insight into the characters (well, at least Jack, and perhaps Angela) - and we like to dissect how the writers write them in certain situations!
word count: 105

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

I was looking for a place to whine about this little thing that bothered me about one of the episodes. In "The Skull in the Desert" the pictures of Angela at the pool, etc. are SO horribly fake it distracts me from the rest of the episode. I mean, these people re-create dead bodies and crime scenes and those 3D holographs from the "Angelator" and they can't spend another few bucks to make the pictures look real? Seriously, how hard would it have been for them to take a few real shots while filming? I know it's stupid and little, but it annoys me to no end.

Weez
word count: 111
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

more annoyances

Post by ThyneAlone »

saburcat wrote:I was looking for a place to whine about this little thing that bothered me about one of the episodes. In "The Skull in the Desert" the pictures of Angela at the pool, etc. are SO horribly fake it distracts me from the rest of the episode. I mean, these people re-create dead bodies and crime scenes and those 3D holographs from the "Angelator" and they can't spend another few bucks to make the pictures look real? Seriously, how hard would it have been for them to take a few real shots while filming? I know it's stupid and little, but it annoys me to no end.

Weez
Weez, I seem to remember thinking the very same thing. Well, I have to rewatch SITD this weekend because those of us Hodginites who hail from tv.com/bones forum try to get together Saturdays about 7pm GMT to do a joint review of a chosen ep, so I will remember to have a specially good stare at those photos!
word count: 173

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

saburcat wrote:I was looking for a place to whine about this little thing that bothered me about one of the episodes. In "The Skull in the Desert" the pictures of Angela at the pool, etc. are SO horribly fake it distracts me from the rest of the episode. I mean, these people re-create dead bodies and crime scenes and those 3D holographs from the "Angelator" and they can't spend another few bucks to make the pictures look real? Seriously, how hard would it have been for them to take a few real shots while filming? I know it's stupid and little, but it annoys me to no end.

Weez
The bikini picture always struck me as odd, and I was never sure why. I mean, we don't get to see Michaela in that skimpy of clothes often (or at all! Not counting the Cleopatra's Bed Scene, in which she was quite clothed, actually!). However, the bikini shot was odd. The ones of Angela and Kirk looked a bit more realistic, though. I wonder if they did some digital enhancing, or sewing heads on bodies or something there. Reminds me of the cover for the S2 DVDs, and how they swapped heads for David Boreanaz. Why, I ask you. Why??
word count: 215

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

They did what??! I didn't know about that! Details please! It sounds a bit gruesome actually, like a Simpsons House of Horror.

I don't think that bikini shot looks anything like Michaela's body btw. Definitely something weird about it.
word count: 42

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Me neither!!Haven't actually seen the series 2 cover yet.Perphaps the bikini shot was a cut and paste as I remember thinking she as thinner in the photo. Someone posted that both MC and ED appeared to have lost weight and it was a shame as they both had lovely figures with curves.
word count: 55

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:They did what??! I didn't know about that! Details please! It sounds a bit gruesome actually, like a Simpsons House of Horror.

I don't think that bikini shot looks anything like Michaela's body btw. Definitely something weird about it.
Okay ... thank goodness for "tags" on LiveJournal! I found the original thread over here http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/671970.html. It shows the artwork for the S2 DVD, and then if you go and read all of the comments, Traciepwns posts the original shot. I think it looks ridiculous, and now when I have those DVDs in my paws, I will always be looking at David's face.

If you see in the original pic, David was David (not Booth), and had a sly expression on his face. The head of his that was "cut and pasted" onto the gurney body is a more serious Booth face. (However, I think Booth had his humourous moments, so they should have left it as it was!!). There was talk that Emily was airbrushed as well.

And Victoria, yes, I saw the comment about Michaela and Emily losing weight. It's such a shame that actresses feel the need to drop pounds when they're in the spotlight! Being healthy, or naturally thin, is one thing, but when you start losing your curves - that's no good! I noticed it with Michaela, especially, through watching the S1 episodes ... she did seem to have more curves back then. Also, seeing shots of her at different events, she's quite thin! :(
word count: 262

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Yeah I have to admit that I agree with you guys, that picture of Angela/Michaela by the pool really is rather bad lol and it would probably have been better if they could have done some real ones. Although saying that maybe Michaela wouldn't feel comfortable lounging by a pool in just a bikini. After all during his commentary for the Pilot episode on the S1 box-set Hart Hanson does mention that he had to under-go lots of convincing and promising that she'd never have to do anything like it again, just to get her to flash at the guy in the airport.

Rotflmao at the picture of Booth on the S2 box-set, I've never looked at the cover up and close before and well that is just hilarious...*snort*. Although I don't get why they've felt the urge to change it either, and I was kinda hoping that the squints would be on the cover this time....but I guess we can only hope for the individual disc covers (which we in the UK have to wait a whole month longer for *pout*)
word count: 193
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

By the way, if the DB pic has been tampered with, do we actually know that all the rest are ok? They've not beheaded TJ have they? *pales*
word count: 29

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

ThyneAlone wrote:They've not beheaded TJ have they? *pales*
Oh god I hope not *shudders*
word count: 16
Wil xxx

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

more annoyances!

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:By the way, if the DB pic has been tampered with, do we actually know that all the rest are ok? They've not beheaded TJ have they? *pales*
Hmmm, I too hope they're not turning "Bones" into "Frankenstein's Monster" instead! Everyone has a perfectly wonderful torso, that should be attached to their own head!
word count: 59
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:By the way, if the DB pic has been tampered with, do we actually know that all the rest are ok? They've not beheaded TJ have they? *pales*
Oh no! They better not have done anything with TJ!! I'm with Wil, I was really hoping for individual pictures (or group shots - or duo shots!) on the discs themselves. I'm just happy they're not those silly double-sided discs like the S1 set! I'm very clumsy, and break things easily - so it's a wonder I've not dropped those darn discs or scratched them more than they are.

I was hoping for a cast shot, too, seeing as though the S1 DVD set has only Brennan and Booth/Emily and David on the cover. But perhaps we'll have more pics inside. I love how, on the 206_bones site on LJ, someone was angry that the cover didn't feature Jack and Angela, as (to quote them) "Where are Angela and Hodgins? The entire second half of the season was about them, you'd think they'd be on the cover instead of Booth and Brennan."

Okay, well, I succeeded at making my name appear on the index page for EACH message! Go me! But now my computer battery is just about dead, and my stomach is empty. So I'm off! (And YAH, that pesky spam is at the bottom!).
word count: 239

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

KimberHodgela wrote:Oh no! They better not have done anything with TJ!! I'm with Wil, I was really hoping for individual pictures (or group shots - or duo shots!) on the discs themselves. I'm just happy they're not those silly double-sided discs like the S1 set!
That's weird, mine aren't double sided (??) Any other differences I wonder?
KimberHodgela wrote:"Where are Angela and Hodgins? The entire second half of the season was about them, you'd think they'd be on the cover instead of Booth and Brennan."
Perfect statement, cannot improve it, couldn't agree more. Or all of them, but without BB to the fore. I always regarded it as a team show to start with. The actors are all so talented.
KimberHodgela wrote:Okay, well, I succeeded at making my name appear on the index page for EACH message! Go me! But now my computer battery is just about dead, and my stomach is empty. So I'm off! (And YAH, that pesky spam is at the bottom!).
Well done. If you do a mass posting, be careful - as with most boards, there's a built-in protection that forbids you to post more than a certain number especially at speed. Ironically, it's meant to stop spamming!!
word count: 216

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

ThyneAlone wrote:Perfect statement, cannot improve it, couldn't agree more. Or all of them, but without BB to the fore. I always regarded it as a team show to start with. The actors are all so talented.
Yeah I too have always seen it more as a group show rather than having one or two (considering Booth is always at the forefront of everything) main characters, and presume that this is why the writers decided to call it Bones rather than it's original working title Brennan. I have to admit that I can get a little testy when DB is represented as being one of the main characters more than Emily is (even if he is slightly more well known), and even more so when people completely disregard the "squints", especially as I love them the most.
word count: 139
Wil xxx