Bones 8.10 The Diamond in the Rough

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Bones 8.10 The Diamond in the Rough

Post by stargazer »

I thought that the beginning of the show and actually the whole episode was HILARIOUS! The fact that Sweets was watching a paranormal show is amusing to me, especially how he talked to the TV and got so excited. BUT, I thought that being an FBI psychologist, he should’ve been more skeptical about those things, especially with what he has seen as part of the team. I wouldn’t think that he would be so quick to accept that the body was of paranormal origin, but then again, maybe it’s just because he’s still pretty young and easily excitable, lol!

Along with Sweets, there were A LOT of laughs in this episode. Cam’s “hootenanny” comment to Brennan was one of my favorites, along with Booth’s “bossy-pants” comments to the dancer’s mother. LOL!! Also, during the last B&B dance scene when Wendell asked if it was supposed to look like a fist fight, and when the show’s judge asked if they were being “punk’d”. Not to mention Brennan’s ridiculous dancing, what a disaster that was! I kept expecting to see her infamous high kick at some point in the show. LOL! It still amazes me that she is so smart but she is also very ignorant of things like being a horrible dancer. She truly has confidence in her dancing abilities after only watching other dancers and only minimal practice. I DID enjoy her practice moves in the lab, and especially the looks of puzzlement and horror on the faces of Wendell and Cam during the whole scene. Classic! :icon-lol:

As far as the murder mystery goes, it was easy to identify the killer(s) early on in the episode. I figured that it had to do something with the rival dancer or someone close to her. They just acted very shady from the beginning, so I was slightly disappointed, but the hilarity of the rest of the episode more than made up for it. :) Also, it was refreshing to have a dead body that was actually quite pretty, as opposed to the normal gore in most episodes.

It was cool to find out a little more about Booth’s past. The fact that he was previously a dance instructor, which is something completely opposite of his tough guy FBI Agent personality, was an interesting way to tie the show together. It was even more surprising that he ended up knowing what he was talking about, in spite of his actual dance moves and his ridiculous choice of clothing. LOL!

HODGINS! I always love when he gets to do experiments. The maggots de-pantsing the body was a little gross but very interesting. His vibration experiment to dislodge the crystals from the body was entertaining, especially when it didn’t go exactly as planned during the first try. Something always seems to go wrong before he finally get it right, but I guess that’s what experimenting is all about. :) As usual, TJ’s ability to pronounce complicated medical jargon constantly impresses me and this episode was no exception. Even Wendell had no idea what he was saying, LOL!

I don’t like seeing Angela struggling with her job, but I understand her need to follow her true love of art. Hopefully this leads to more storylines for her outside of the lab and it doesn’t mean less screen time for Michaela. I guess we’ll just wait and see.

And last but not least, I’m sooooo glad that we got to see baby Michael Vincent with his adorable parents. :romance-smileyheart: I feel that the writers have definitely put more importance on Christine and I hope we get to see more of MV in the future. :)
word count: 626
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Bones 8:10 The Diamond in the Rough

Post by skftex »

Okay, the dancing episode. Well first off can I just say that from the few scenes where Booth was dancing I didn't think he was so great a dancer either. LOL He didn't look like someone that could teach someone else to dance so when Sweets says it at the end, I actually agreed with him! HAHAHA And can I say, surely they could pick a better dress for Brennan than that mess of a thing she was wearing? UGH!! Horrible. And honestly not much of a ballroom dancing look at all! Not shiny or bright enough! LOL

Hodgins...as always, my favorite part of the episode! The maggots...ick. LOL The experiment with all the water gushing over-good thing sometimes Hodgins does a test before he put the REAL body in there. The crystals all falling off looked cool! I guess I'm so used to Hodgins with his words that no one understands that I didn't even notice them in this episode. I guess I need to go back and check that out.

Something that I haven't really felt was very Hodgins like in other episodes was finally fixed in this one, when Angela was not happy, he noticed and didn't blow her off. Hodgins going to Cam to try to fix it all was actually very much like Hodgins, as was the scene where he asks her what she wanted RIGHT NOW. Because he's always been very keen to Angela's feelings, even when they were broken up, so it bothered me when he'd blow her off in earlier episodes. Of course, they are married now so maybe he's getting lazy about it-but I just don't see that as Hodgins. The way he reacted in this episode was very much the Hodgins of old to me and I like it! I know it won't solve whatever is up with Angela, and there is going to be more problems down the road, because men do tend to want to FIX things when women usually just want them to listen and let them talk it out and figure out for themselves how to solve it and that might end up being a huge problem for them.
word count: 379
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

The dancing was horrible! I expected when Booth said that he had been a dance instructor that we'd actually see some decent moves from him....not. Though he has Michael Jackson's moves down...lol

I did love Jack talking to Cam about Angela and being understanding to her needs. I will say though that I am worried about where Angela's character on the show is going and how much longer she is going to be with the team. I'm sure that is what they want, the fans to feel that uncertainty...but I don't like it.

Loved seeing little Michael!! He is such an adorable baby!!
I am wondering where Max is (I know Ryan O'Neil has been having some health issues) and am hoping that we'll see him soon. It'd also be nice to have Zach back for an episode too!!
word count: 150

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:eusa-whistle: Ok sooo... this one... Come on!!! The dancing thing was the most ridiculous thing ever!

Booth dancing was looking like a stick man trying to move, and Brennan was still the irritating child I really dislike :P
The ballroom was looking like a warehouse and even if I don't care about what people wear, honestly, who has chosen this horrible dress Brennan was wearing?

Hodgins'experiments are the best part as usual :)
I understand Angela's feelings this time about her work. But on the other hand, I think it's a bit too much because she knew what she was going to do when Brennan asked her to join the team. As an artist she should have organised her live in a way that she can keep this artist aspect of hers, go to museums, paint and go out on her free time. Because let's be honest... She doesn't work 24/7... And to be honest, why hasn't she asked Cam to work part time? Of course Hodgins did, but I don't get why she didn't...
word count: 182
The waffle conspiracy...