Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Daniela
Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Daniela » Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:25 pm

I am so sorry to here. My deepest condolences. This is real awful news at the end of the year. I am keeping you in my thoughts and wish your whole family a lot of strength. We just got news yesterday that my uncle is back to hospital. He has an aggressive kind of cancer and things don´t look good for him right now, The ocs say it´s just a matter of time, so I can halfway imagine what you feel like like. Feel free to talk anytime, I am around.
word count: 93
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

AnaisSolange
Fan

Post by AnaisSolange » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:10 pm

Hey I know it's been a long time since I came here but life makes I have not had too much time with my mother's health problems and everything. I'm sorry for you Steph, 2018 has not been simple for you I hope that 2019 will be better I wish you all a wonderful year, full of good things especially health.
word count: 64

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:14 am

Thanks so much to everyone. About to undertake the five-hour drive down to Essex. The funeral's tomorrow. It will be good to see family, but I'll be glad when it's over.
word count: 35
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Daniela
Fan

Post by Daniela » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:45 pm

I hope you managed you get through the day and are okay now.
word count: 13

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer » Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:38 pm

Oh no, I’m so sorry Steph! What a horrible thing to go through. My thoughts are with you and your family.

I also had a death in the family although much less traumatic. My 90 year old grandmother passed away on January 8th and I was with her when she passed. She lived on the other side of the country and I was able to visit with her and talk to her before she passed away. I was very close to her and I will never forget my last few days with her.

As hard as that was for me, I can’t imagine what you and your family are going through Steph. My heart goes out to you. ❤️
word count: 120
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:46 pm

So sorry, Steph! Sending you lots of hugs!
word count: 8
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:33 pm

Hey all
Thank you all for your wonderful support. Those who love TJ are ACE human beings, it must be said!
That's why I'm here to recline on your sofa again and chat about things. Since losing my brother things haven't been ideal either. Within a couple of weeks my son has had a car accident (no people damage but new car needed) and we have lost someone else - a very close friend from university, 59 years old, died on vacation in Madeira because his successful treatment for non-Hodgkins lymphoma had left him vulnerable to severe lung infections including pneumonia.

With everything I have experienced over the last six or seven months, it must look like I am wanting attention or something, but honestly, it's not that, it's just I feel I have friends here I can talk to without causing them pain. Take care of yourselves and thanks. Hopefully positivity will return at some stage!

Love to all.
word count: 165
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:51 pm

Sorry I am not here so often anymore. But it's always good to know to have a place to go.

Steph, all the best. Hope that things will get better for you. I know it's a hard time.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 40
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Daniela
Fan

Post by Daniela » Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:22 pm

A Fandom should support each other, shouldn´t it? Once again I can only say that I am sorry for your loss, Steph. Believe me, I know how it feels. A few years ago several family members, even close ones and neighbours have died in a row, it was simply awful. I hope that the tight will turn for you soon. Thankfully it was just a material damage for your son. The shock was enough for sure but a car is replacable, that´s the only thing that counts. I hope your husband is doing better in between at least. I keep crossing fingers that you will soon receive some good news!
word count: 112