Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, right, Steph! It was cologne. Sorry, I mixed it up! :oops:

I like Coke Zero, btw.! :wink: :)
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: Hey hey hey!!! Welcome to new members I may haven't talked to yet :)

I'm sorry I haven"t been here recently, work work work!!! I'll have some more time this week hopefully :-)

So, just stopping by to say how much I love this site and feel soooo comfortable with you all!!! :) :romance-grouphug: :happy-sunny: :happy-smileyflower:

I'll be back soon!!!

Véro

Ps: maybe with waffles... Maybe... :mrgreen:
:animals-fishgreen: :animals-frog: :animals-gerbil: :animals-ginger: :animals-mouse: :animals-panda: :animals-penguin: :animals-pig: :animals-shaun: :animals-sheep: :animals-worm: :animals-bunnywhite: :animals-cat: :animals-bunny: :animals-chicken: lol and this is just because I love these smileys!!! :D
word count: 76
The waffle conspiracy...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Véro, your enthusiasm and positivity are delightfully infectious. I adore that quality in you.

Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for that! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 24

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Véro, your enthusiasm and positivity are delightfully infectious. I adore that quality in you.

Just wanted to let you know. Thanks for that! :romance-smileyheart:
Wow... :D Thank you so much Sherry!!!
You made my day!!! If 1 person smiles or feels a little bit more positive because of me, I'm the happiest woman in the world!!! (^_^) What could I ask more??? :dance:

Woohooo!!! :dance: :happy-jumpeveryone:

I feel happy right now :romance-heartspink: :D Thank you!!! :D

Véro
word count: 73
The waffle conspiracy...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

For your amusement this evening... :shifty:

My aunts are having their living room painted tomorrow, so I thought I'd be helpful and remove all the light switch and vent covers in preparation. Neither of them are tall enough to reach the vents on the upper portion of the walls, so I said I could get them.

All I had to do was reach up, loosen the screws, and pull the vent cover off of the wall. Easy peasy. I didn't even have to stand on tiptoe to do it.

Except that one vent cover was stuck, so I used the screwdriver to pry it from the wall.

If only I'd been standing on a ladder at level height with it.

The vent cover finally popped off and fell... right on my face. :doh: Hit me in the mouth.

After about a half-minute of cursing, crying and bleeding, I started laughing.

Because my aunt said, "Tomorrow, when you go to see your counselor, please make sure you tell him that we didn't do this to you."

HAHAHAHAHHAHA :laughing-rollingred:

I said, "Oh yeah, this is going to be a fun conversation. 'How'd you get that cut and bruise on your mouth?' Oh, you know, the usual... a vent fell on my face."

Then we all started joking about the various things I could say instead of the embarrassing truth.

"I got into a fist fight."

"I ran into a door."

"I fell."

"My aunt came after me with a vent cover. It's always the quiet ones you have to worry about..."

While I held an ice pack to my lip, I noted, "Wow. It's been years since I've had a fat lip."

To which my aunt pointed out that the last time was probably also when I was visiting them...

When I was a little kid, we used to go sledding on the hill across the street from my grandmother's house. One time I decided to take one last ride, but I borrowed a friend's saucer-shaped sled and went down the hill on my stomach. The thing flew like the wind and had absolutely no way of steering, so I spun out of control and couldn't stop myself from running into the kid who was walking across the field at the bottom of the hill. I ran straight into his wooden toboggan -- face first.

I recall crying then, too (though in my defense this time I think I was much more stoic about my tearing up, LOL). :crying-yellow: And I remember my mom being all worked up because her little baby girl had a bloody fat lip.

Alas, no mommy here to fawn over me this time.

A vent fell on my face.

*facepalm*

Yep, call on me for all your handy household needs. :mrgreen:

I think I'll just go sit down with my ice pack and watch the White Collar marathon. Thank you very much, and good night!
:greetings-waveyellow:
word count: 496

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

It's not fair you guys "/ I never realized how busy I become when the school year starts..This is quite honestly all I have, Two minutes out of the week to stop by and say "hey". How saddening..Maybe, if I get off work early today, I'll be able to spend some quality time here with my friends..Oii, another day of work and school, I shall see you later!
word count: 72
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:lol: Sherry!!!

I shouldn't laugh at your "accident" but the way you tell about it is way too funny!!! :D

I hope you feel better though and don't feel too much pain :wink:

So? What did you say tou your conselor???? :mrgreen: lol

Hugs!!!

Véro
Dr.Valentine wrote:I never realized how busy I become
--> :lol: I always realise how busy I am with my 2 part time jobs working day and nights, the kids at home to help with their homeworks and all the usual choirs... lol Aaaah... And my japanese course as well :lol: Oh and I forget all the extrawork I have to do at home for my boss when she doesn't have time to do it... :lol: I guess we are all busy in a certain way, come when you have time, don't worry (^_^)
word count: 136
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sherry, thanks for sharing this story with us. I read it at work. :shhh: Sometimes I need some distraction there and I take a quick look at this site. So I read your story and I had to laugh. Couldn't help it. My colleagues looked at me a bit confused and ask "what are you laughing at?". And I said "Nothing, just enjoying work very much! It's so much fun!" :wink: :lol:
Of course didn't laugh because of what happend to you. Very sorry about that! It was the way you told it. Had this situation with your councelor in mind. Great! Was really fun!

Oh. and hope your lip will be better, soon! :happy-sunshine:
word count: 114
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

bonesxfan
Fan

Post by bonesxfan »

omg so i was just on youtube and found some tv stints and movie clips and i about died realizing exactly who he was ... i mean half of the commericals i watched when i was younger i couldnt believe it from the coca cola commericals to the one with him as a kid who got into a car accident i believe it was for ford . then watching him as phobes delivery doc in friends when she had twins though i think he is much more attractive with facial hair and then watching him in erin brockervich wow just totallly shocked anyways just wanted to Ramble lol sorry about the grammar and or spelling if anyone wants to add me to myspace its www.myspace.com/bonesxfan i also have facebook although for some reason it isnt allowing me to send friend requests right now so please feel free to add me . www.facebook.com/bonesxfan also i have twitter www.twitter.com/bonesxfan :) yeah as u can tell im a huge fan of bones lol but also a huge fan of tj
word count: 182

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

So tired, but I can't get back to sleep. I am having a bad day. So, here's the story. I was woken up, after about 5 hours of sleep to a deafening EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. Apparently, my smoke alarm was going off. I come dashing out into the living room. Any fire? Any smoke? Nope. Maybe it's another apartment that's on fire & I'm being warned? I run to look outside. Any other residents running outside? Nope. Back to my alarm. Is there an off button or a battery I can pull out? Nope. But I DO discover water dripping out of it. Apparently, the roof's leaking because of the constant heavy rain we're having & it's pouring right through the alarm. Fabulous. I throw on flip flops & dash over to the office. Well, I ATTEMPT to dash, but what I end up doing is SPLASHING over to the office, because it's still pouring rain & the sidewalks are flooded to ankle height. The water sucks my flip flops off, so I have to carry them, & I manage to get to the office, soaking wet & barefoot. So, I let the lady know what's going on, but I'm so flustered from this flurry of excitement that I forget my apartment number for a second. Once I get back to my apartment, I try to get my cat put away in the bathroom so he'll be out of the way, but he's so freaked out by the noise that he's bristling & running away from me. I finally manage to catch him & get him locked up, when I realize my foot hurts. This is when I discover that at some point during running around my apartment like a maniac or dashing barefoot to & from the office, I've managed to cut my foot. Fabulous.

Oh, did I forget to mention the part where I tried to stand on the cat gate to reach the alarm & it collapsed & dropped me on my butt? It's broken now. I think that may be what I cut myself on.
word count: 352
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh Jade I'm so sorry, what an absolutely horrible day. We've had rain through the roof, even now the kitchen extension gets it regularly, but never as badly as that. Hope you're ok and the foot is on the road (!) to recovery. Hope you are feeling better too, Sherry. That was nasty! It sounds as if we're all excessively clumsy at the moment. Tuesday morning I bent down to pick up a piece of paper and stood up sharply, whereupon my head collided with a large wooden and glass cabinet so hard that the pain was almost exquisite. Bizarrely no hint of concussion. I've come to the conclusion that I must just have an extraordinarily hard head. It's still sore to the touch, but it hasn't come up into a proper bruise yet.

I feel your pain, girls.
word count: 145
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Wow. We're a clutzy bunch aren't we? :oops: My foot's not bleeding, it just stings a bit. It wasn't badly damaged, I just sliced it a little, so I just stuck the flap of skin down & threw a bandaid on it. Sorry. I hope no one's eating while reading this. lol :P Anyway, the leak doesn't seem too bad, just badly placed. There's a temporary battery-powered alarm stuck on my wall until the weather clears up & they can fix the leak where the wiring is.

BTW, just wanted to make sure it was clear that it's the gate that's broken, not my butt. :D
word count: 111
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

jade.stormcloud wrote: It wasn't badly damaged, I just sliced it a little, so I just stuck the flap of skin down & threw a Bandaid on it. Sorry. I hope no one's eating while reading this. lol :P
We watch Bones, we can take it! I was watching Cinderella in the Cardboard with dinner the other day. :D

Hope everyone heals up nicely. I'm sick today with some sort of nasty head cold and aches...but feeling better after lots of over-the-counter stuff and some chicken soup.
word count: 90
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jusbcuzz
Fan

Post by jusbcuzz »

So I took my baby to the doctor today. :auto-ambulance: Well, she saw the assistant. He poked and prodded her. Looked at all her bumps and bruises. :banana-wrench: Told me he'd seen worse. Kinda looked at me crazy when I told him she was cracked. :happy-smileyflower: She's two years old. Looks really good for her age. Her pink color is starting to fade, but most of her scratches are superficial thank goodness. He then told me that she was ready to go see the doctor. It was a sad moment when i turned around and she was sitting there waiting for me to pick her up. No one cried but i think she would have if she wouldn't have been so slow. :crying-blue: Hopefully she'll be as good as new soon, :chores-vacuum: we'll be back to normal and I'll have a better than new laptop! :techie-typing: I can hardly wait. T minus 2 weeks! :teasing-tease:
word count: 154

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Is anyone into Geocaching here?

I did that last weekend for the first time and it was really fun, although we only found one cashe out of three, because the GPS device had some problems in the woods.

Tuesday we went Bowling and my god, we were horrible. One always threw the ball and one time it ended up on the field beside us, where the pros were playing. They weren't amused :)
word count: 73
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Akarana wrote:Tuesday we went Bowling and my god, we were horrible. One always threw the ball and one time it ended up on the field beside us, where the pros were playing. They weren't amused :)
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
As a "pro" bowler myself, yeah right.. that is a really bad move.. One of the worst throws you can also make, is by dropping the ball behind you while making your approach to the lane..
Tried that when I was younger and less experienced - embarrasing especially if there's a lot of people at the alley.. :oops:

Jessi, remind never go bowling with you! :lol: :laughing-lmao:
Just kidding..
word count: 103

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:text-yeahthat: I should really try bowling one day... Talented as I am for evrything that would really be a lot of fun!!! :D :lol: Or maybe not!!! :lol:
Ladies, be ready for VERY embarrassing moments!!! :laughing-rolling:

Oh, I hope all the wounded ladies are better now... Please, be careful!!! Take care of you wonderful people at tjthyne.com :)

Ok, I have to go back to my lunch (happy cheese and yummy chocolate...)

Véro
word count: 69
The waffle conspiracy...

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Hanne, I wasn't the one who threw the ball. In fact I won with a 98 point average (now I'm embarassed :D). We were really so bad. But we had fun
word count: 32
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Akarana wrote:Hanne, I wasn't the one who threw the ball. In fact I won with a 98 point average (now I'm embarassed :D). We were really so bad. But we had fun
I know.. but nethertheless it's hillarious.. :D
98 average.. how many games did you play?
Can't remember when I made such a low score (with my own equipment that is ;-) )
word count: 65

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:lol: There's a man who drives a bus, so a bus driver ( :mrgreen: ) who shakes his hand to say hi when we meet on the roads (driving my car and him driving his bus)...

Knowing that our place is a very little one and that I have quite a vintage car (some would say old, but as she's a super nanny I rather say vintage... lol) and that there's another one like mine in the neighbourhood (yes I know, it's incredible, how can it be???), I guess he thinks my car is the other one and as he may know the owners, he probably thinks he says hi to his pal...

So, there's a pretty interesting question, and somehow freaky : does he have regular eyes controls :geek: ??? Because the neighbours I'm talking about really DON'T look like me at all!!! lol

I will avoid taking his bus whenever I would have to... :mrgreen:

That was my story of the day...

Véro

:lol:
word count: 165
The waffle conspiracy...