Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Fingers crossed for you and your test, Wendy! :D
word count: 8

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Sherry!
Danke für's Daumendrücken, Steph!
And thanks to everybody who kept their fingers crossed for me!

It worked! Everything went fine! I made it to London on friday and back to Germany today. (So tired now!) I saw "Much Ado About Nothing" with David Tennant and Catherine Tate. (Yeah, Shakespeare again. Starting to become a fan! ;) ) SO AMAZING! When you see David live on stage you think how can someone be such a great and wonderful actor! It reminded me how much I miss him on Doctor Who. He's such an amazing actor! And Catherine, so great! The whole ensemble is really good! I laughed a lot. Sometimes I had difficulties to understand Catherine. Maybe it was her accent, maybe the words she had to say. But as I know the movie, I was able to follow. It is a very modern production. Sometimes really hilarious. Watch it, if you have the chance. So damn great!

Oh, and I'm so sorry Steph that ManU lost against Barcelona! The city was packed with football fans! Most of them drunk and very loud. So, now I know why it was difficult for me to get a good and cheap hotel room. Because of the game. I booked the afternoon show for the play which was good so I was able to get back to my hotel before the game was over. You never know. But did a bit shopping before I went back! ;) I had enough time to do that.

A really great weekend! Gonna do it again in the next 2 month I guess! Need to see the play again! :)
word count: 275
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I am sooo glad you had a wonderful time, Simone! I was thinking of you. I'd love to see the production, it has had great reviews.

As far as ManU are concerned...well my dear, you are talking to an adopted scouser - do you not know of the Liverpool/Manchester rivalry? - and I was urging Barça on all the way. The best team won, and I am a huge Barcelona fan anyway, their football is sublime. Today I am a happy soccer fan!
word count: 85
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, yes, so sorry, Steph! I know you mentioned you are a Liverpool fan! Right! Well, I was tired yesterday! :)

You're right, Barcelona was the better team! I watched the last 30 minutes when I was back in my hotel. They deserved to win!

The play is fantastic! You've gotta see it!
word count: 54

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:dance: So happy for you Simone!!! Seems like you had a wonderful time (^_^)

I miss travelling a little. I really enjoyed my time in London, and I hope I could see it again in the future :-)

For now, my main problem is my computer... I can't turn it on, so I'm afraid it's dead... I have to check inside to see if something is broken and if I can't fix it myself, I'll have to see a professionnal... :-(

So I'm really sorry because I can't catch you all online in the evening when I come back from work.
I wanted to apologize because it's not that I don't want to come and chat but just because I can't... :crying-yellow:

Ok I have to go back to my work... Hugs to you all :-) :romance-grouphug:

Véro
word count: 142
The waffle conspiracy...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thinking of you Véro.

:romance-caress: :romance-grouphug: :romance-kisscheek:
word count: 5

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks, Véro! *hugs* Will miss you here in the evening! Do you already know what's wrong with your computer and if it can be fixed?
word count: 27

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:romance-grouphug: Awww thank you all :-)

Well right now I have no idea what's wrong with my computer. I guess it has something to do with the electrical part as it was working normally before.
So tomorrow, I have a very important mission : put my hard drive in another unit just to see if it works.
I hope it will work this time!
I'll let you know...

For some other bad news: one of my cat is very very ill and is at the moment with the vet. I brought him on saturday because I noticed he couldn't pee at all and he was shaking a lot... So I brought him to the vet who kept him because there was some kind of cristals in his bladder (such like sand, due to his incompatibility with usual food). So the vet had to put him a probe and a drip and now we have to wait for the blood test to see if he can come back home. This is very hard because he is a young cat, almost 1 year old, and he was suffering a lot. I'm just mad at me because I haven't seen he was sick on friday as I was working... :-(
It's a grave infection which can kill the cat...
So we'll know more this afternoon or tonight... Well he is young so the vet thinks it can help him survive. In these conditions, I'll have to buy a specific food for him all his life.
I'll be totally out of money this month : veterinary plus the repairs on the car... :shock:

On the other hand, I still have some good news :-)

First one : wish me luck! I'll be on interview tomorrow afternoon for a work in Le Mans for a race team!!! They run some prototypes to the 24h race in Le Mans, but also for some other races in the world! So it seems to be a great great contract! It's all about reception, standard and secretariat, plus some english is required. So exactly the job I'm looking for!!! I saw the ad on friday (it's been edited on the 1st june), sent an application via mail and the lady called me this morning. She just said that the only bad point is that I'm not ready to work tomorrow, but she wanted me to meet the team as she thought my profile is interesting... So let's see what's next :-)
As I've told her : I only have a temporary contract and not doing much things right now so I think I can have a deal with my boss (who made me miss a very important contract...) and a probable deal with the swimming pool as the management changes on next 1st July and so it would be easier to break a contract.
I WANT THIS JOB! :-)
Plus, I haven't said it yet, but it's a full-time permanent employment contract... It would be perfect! :-)

And the last good news :
I have lost 4kg!!! Woohoo!!! :D :dance: Ok it may sound stupid said like this, but as I've said before, I have lost 25kg in the past and it's hard for me to see that weight is coming back... So I have done something different than before and wow! It works soooo well!!! It's crazy! Last week my scale was just a very very bad little device and this morning I would have kissed it!
So, yes 4kg in one week, with no diet ;-) I'm not starving and I feel so fine :-) I let you know the thing : listen to your body and the chrono nutrition.
The result is today : I have lost 4 kg, I'm not tired at all, I feel good, no frustration :-) Woohoo! :dance:

So tomorrow is a big big day :
* morning *
* go and see if my checkbook has arrived
* go and see if I can bring back my cat at home
* get ready for the afternoon
* afternoon *
* 2pm appointment for the job offer
* back home and trying to put the hardrive in another central unit
* if it works : tell you how was everything!

:banana-linedance:

Ok, that's all for today ;-)

Hugs to you all!! :animals-ginger:

Véro

word count: 712
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

All the best for you, Véro!
Hope your cat is feeling better!
word count: 13

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Simone -- David Tennant and Catherine Tate in a show together? Sounds fantastic! Was it amazing? Seems like they'd have good chemistry for that particular show.

*waves at Vero*

I'm sorry to hear about your poor cat. I hope something can be done to help.

And I'll have my fingers crossed for you and that job! You've always been so supportive and wonderful about me and my employment pursuits and everything else -- you can bet I'll be cheering for you to find your niche! *hugs*

:D
word count: 89
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:happy-jumpeveryone: Woohooo!!!! My cat is back home!!! He isn't totaly safe but at least his health results were good enough. He have eaten and drank so I think it's not too bad ;-) The thing is that now he has to eat specific food... Oh well, it's a small thing considering his long life ahead :-)

Sooooo... The interview... It was great!!!! Oh waaaah!!!! I so want this job now!!! A young and dynamic team, a lot of things to create, a lot to do!!! Their cars are running this weekend for the 24hours race and then it will be in Imola Italy :-) Great great cars for famous races! I even had a part of my interview in English!!! Woohooo!!! It was like heaven! I could finaly speak english with a fluent speaker who seemed satisfied!!! (^_^)
I met a lady who was a director and she was wearing the team outfit because they were moving a lot of things in the buildings. I was in my secretary outfit and when she saw me she apologized for hers :-) Seems I did a good impression ;-)
So, I'll have news very soon because they are in a little emergency as their secretary is leaving at the end of june... (they don't keep her because she does nothing...)
I have all my chances ;-)

Thanks you so much ladies for your support (^_^) I love you so much :-)

I'd love to hug you all right now (^_^) woohoo!!! Tj's world rocks!!!

:romance-grouphug: :romance-heartsthree:

Véro
word count: 250
The waffle conspiracy...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Fingers crossed for you and that job, Véro! Fingers crossed!!! :D

Started my summer classes tonight. I have such a headache. Not because of the class, which might prove to be interesting, but I think because of the weather. It was so hot today, the temps reached over 100, and the humidity was so thick, it hurt to breathe. No wonder people with asthma or other lung issues needed to stay indoors in air conditioning! It was unbearable. And I think the pressure of it -- the high temperatures, the heat and humidity -- just got to me because I have a terrible headache and it's not going away. *grumbles*

At any rate, I think my classes are going to require a lot of reading. I like taking these classes, but man... the summer courses are tougher because they have to cram the information into 8 weeks instead of 16. It's so much more work!

But hopefully the courses themselves will be interesting. I'm taking two classes that are part of the core required courses for the web design program -- one is an internet course, and the other is 'intro to digital photography' which will also involve Photoshop computer program instruction. Maybe I can stop bugging you with Photoshop questions now, Sharon! :mrgreen:

Tonight was the photography class, and the instructor started by showing us some basics in the computer program. Most things I already knew from teaching myself, but he did teach a few things I didn't know that were really helpful to know (and you can bet I wrote them down, LOL!). We also had to use the paintbrush feature of that program and draw something, just to show him that we could use the basics he'd taught us tonight during class. It was funny because I can't draw very well anyway, and trying to draw with a mouse I'm even worse, but for some reason my teacher liked what I drew. I tried not to laugh too hard, and instead thanked him for the compliment.

Okay, I'm going to go downstairs and take some ibuprofen. My head's killing me. :doh:

I hope all of you are having a good evening (or morning, depending on where you live). What are you up to this week? Anything fun? :D
word count: 384

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Fingers crossed for you Vero. By the sound of it, it looks good for you. :pray:

Nothing new here. I finished my internship last week, and I can come back in september to finish my internship with them.

I supposed to have two tests this week, but last monday I heard from a classmate that there were two dates for the last test. This thursday or a date in the last week of June. Since i was not feeling well (what is it with turning sick when school is over huh ;) ) i decided to pass on this weeks test as it don't matter on which date I'm going to take it.

And since you asked Sherry, my plans for this weekend are all about having fun and listening to good music. I'm actually going to a 3-day festival which i have never done before. I'm going with a colleague (and good friend as well) and some of her friends who are going to tag along.
You may know some of the bands: Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Kings of Leon, Wolfmother. :music-rockon: :music-guitarred:
I'm so looking forward to it. It will be all about partying non stop and no sleep i guess.
word count: 203

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Véro, *fingers crossed* for you! Wishing you all the best!
Sherry, hope your headache is a bit better. They can be painful.
Wendy, have a lot of fun at the festival this weekend!

Sherry - yes it was a dream come true seeing David Tennant and Catherine Tate together live on stage! They are lovely together. The whole play is fantastic. Won't be the last time I have seen it! ;) Maybe I have the time to see it again next week,

.....because I'm going to LONDON AGAIN TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Hoping my other dream will come true. (No, not the one with the handsome, super-nice and rich husband with a big house and a dog ;) ) I bought a VIP ticket for the Matthew Morrison :romance-heartsmiley: :romance-admire: concert in London which includes a Meet & Greet! YAY! Hope everything works out fine! *knock on wood* - So, so looking forward to that!
I'm off from work the whole next week. And I so need this considering the day I had at work today. There were moments today where I thought, someone may hold me back or I'm gonna hit one of my colleagues today. :angry-boxing: :angry-jumpinganger: Ahhhh, I felt like screaming the whole day. :angry-screaming: I just asked them to do one thing next week when I'm not there. A very small favour. But even that was to difficult. After trying to tell them I said forget it. I will do it when I'm back if it's to difficult to do. But I was so angry about this whole thing that I couldn't concentrate, and that slowed me down. :angry-cussing: I wanted to go to a birthday party after work, and arrived a bit late. But there were still a bunch of people and we had some fun! Was a good distraction! :)

OK, so now I will finish packing my bag. Or maybe go to bed and finish it tomorrow morning.

See you at the end of next week with a very detailed hopefully positive report. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: ...if you like it or not! ;) :lol:

:greetings-wavingyellow: :sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 341

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm sick of doing my homework! I started reading some of it this afternoon, and my eyes got so tired, I ended up taking a 20 minute nap. :sleeping-sleeping: I made some decent headway this evening after dinner, but I'm finding myself distracted again. I don't feel like reading tonight! But it's got to be done. *grumbles*

On other news -- which may seem surprising given how much I'm bitching about my homework, LOL -- I made the honor roll for the spring semester! :dance: The college sent me a certificate via email, and everything. Is it silly that I was a little tickled by that, and ended up forwarding a copy to my parents? :mrgreen: All these years since I graduated high school and college, and here I am going to school again. So bizarre.

Simone, how was the Matthew Morrison concert? I just started watching Glee within the past year -- my uncle insisted I check it out; he couldn't believe I wasn't watching it, given that I was in show choir during my high school years so he thought that I'd be totally into that show -- and I think Matthew's got a beautiful voice. I also like Darren Criss; I think he's a riveting performer, so fun to watch. But Kurt's my favorite character on the show. :D Do you watch that show, or are you simply a fan of Matthew's?

Véro, any word yet on that job you interviewed for? Fingers still crossed for you!

Wendy, how was the festival? It sounds amazing.

And how's everyone else doing?

Okay, okay, enough stalling. Time for me to dive back into my reading homework. :techie-studyingbrown:
word count: 283
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

And once more I could start this post with "I haven't been here in forever" and sadly it's true.

Currently I'm trying to find another better paying job so I can finally move out/away and start my life. Also I'm looking for a guy. For the first time ever I feel like I am ready to commit to a guy in a really serious and "maybe forever" kind of way. Now I just have to find the right guy...

Then Sam died (I think I told you that) and the new piggie has been kind of hard on the old piggie. So much so that she go sick and lost a lot of her hair.

To top it all I got into a fight with my best friend... it just sucks.

Hopefully I will have my head back together soon and then will be bale again to stop by more regularly.
word count: 156
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

The festival was great. I saw many performances, but only two of them were absolutely fabulous. Elbow and Foo Figthers. :bow-yellow:

Completely different music but both so so good. I actually cried during one of Elbow's songs, Lippy Kids (you can watch it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRBHVsrhVRw ).
The Foo Fightes performance was just superb. We stood at the front of the second section and we had a clear view for the whole 2 hour performance, with a cameo from a rainbow (you can see it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvimvjAhrWo )

Besides them i also saw Manic Street Preachers, Simple Plan, a part of Coldplay (who had, in my opinion, a dissapointing act), Hurts, Wolfmother, Kings of Leon (same as Coldplay, really dull, not my kind of music i guess, and the lead-singer had a hangover :( ) Avenged Sevenfold, Hanson (yep, i said Hanson, the three mmmbop boys), Two door cinema club, Go back to the Zoo, De Staat (both Dutch bands) Volbeat and the Kaiser Chiefs.

We had to camp out for 3 nights and that was a lot of fun. We slept just round the corner of the so called 'dance-tent' were all afterpartys were held. Basically it meant that we could go to sleep around 3 am every night :D but hey, i didn't mind. Just around the corner of were we were camping, a group were playing Johnny Cash's Ring of Fire. So that's my festival anthem for this year i guess.
I'm really bummed that its over already. But i'm surely going next year.
word count: 271

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Okay, so I haven't been here in forever. First, I'm going to respond to the messages I've missed.

Vero, Hoping your cat's health keeps improving!! Let me know how it goes, dear. :D
I'm also happy for you and your weight loss! (:
So long as you're happy :D

Sherry - Haha I love reading. Even when it's educational, But good luck! (:
Oh, I loved my photography class. It was mainly a tradional photog, but we used a lot of photoshop.
Ooh, and congrats on the honor roll!! (:

Wendy - I'm so jealous. I LOVE the Foo Fighters. Adn Simple Plan. I was like 12 when they came out, so they were right there. I adore them still.
A7X is another favorite. And Hanson makes me reminisce. :D
And I'm glad you had a good time. (:

Simone - I want to go to London!! :o
I hope meeting Matthew went well! (:

Akarana - I know how you feel, I'm trying to find a decent paying job too.
And I'm in this place where I want to find the guy to settle down with.
We're here for you, hon. (:
And I'm terribly sorry about Sam. ):
I recently lost my 14 year old cat... It's hard.

And then I guess I can talk about me...
Things with my new boyfriend are going well. (: I have kind of fallen in love with him. He's so kind to me, and makes me so happy.
I have one problem though.
Because his ex is trying to ruin our relationship. She is always harrassing him with text messages.
She even went as far as to tell him that she was pregnant and that the child was his. When in all reality, she was not pregnant.
She's assaulting us, and it's hurting him so badly and I dont' know what to do, other than fight her. And I don't want to go to jail, because she's got me so emotionally distraught, I wouldn't stop hitting her. :twisted:

:mrgreen: sorry. thinking about hitting her in her smug, ... trying to keep this pg ... skanky face, makes me smile.

I also had just gotten over an infection called cellulitis, which was caused by an allergic reaction to a bug bite.
The antibiotics gave me a secondary infection, which I have just stopped treating.

My stepdad still has my car, so I'm still without a job.
It's driving me insane. So I've been watching copious amounts of Criminal Minds.. Haha.
That's really all that's been going on with me lately.
hugs! :D
word count: 434
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Hi it has been a while how is everyone. Last weekend I went to Byron again for a friends Birthday. We got up to take photo’s of the sunrise and this is just one of many.

Ali :D
word count: 38

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

FANTASTIC news to share guys! Son no.1's degree results are through - he got a 2-1! <<dances round the table>> Celebration time!

Well that should get me out of the nightmare pit of grinding stress I am having to endure atm. At least for today!
word count: 47