Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by skftex »

Hi Sherry

I would think a two dimensional design class would be a part of a web design class just because it prepares you to use some of the software available that allows you to create websites with dimensional aspects...you'd still need the skills to do it even if you have a software that aids it I would think? That probably doesn't help you at all, other than giving a rationale for it. :? I'm sure you will do better with it than you think though, you always do so well with your classes. GO SHERRY!

word count: 99
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves at Sharon*

The problem is, we're not going to be doing anything with software. The projects are all by hand. Art, drawing, and painting, using various art mediums like graphite and colored pencils and markers and chalk and acrylic paint. None of which I know how to use.

I can wield words, to some extent, and I can code a design for a page, and get creative with layout and color, but I can't draw or design by hand. We won't be taking any of these designs and applying it to web pages, so I don't know how I can take what we learn and use it with a computer. Except as creative inspiration, perhaps. But it's tough to be inspired when I don't know what the hell I'm doing.

I feel like a kindergartener amidst expert artists, trying to draw but only coming up with stick figures while those around me who have been drawing and painting for years know how to create actual works of art. You know? It's just so frustrating, and it makes me feel stupid and untalented.

:(

Nevertheless, I am grateful for your encouragement, Sharon. :D *HUGS*
word count: 200

NyxStina
Fan

Post by NyxStina »

Hi guys!!! :greetings-waveyellow: Long time no talk. :-) So I went on a vacation to California... but sadly no T.J. sightings, lol.

We ended up in San Diego. The 2nd full day we were there we went to Oceanside Beach.... That was the best weather EVER!! Sadly...because of that the hubby and I ended up with our worst sunburns EVER! When it's nice out you don't think of putting the sunblock on... my sunburns ended up 2nd and almost 3rd degree... It was almost 2 weeks ago and I'm finnally not shedding skin like a snake, having blisters pop and ooze. But I'm still peeling a bit, and my legs are still red. It was a pretty deep sunburn.

Congrats to all of you on your new jobs!! :-) that's exciting! Good for you guys! I can't wait to see the lil Michael!!! This season I think will be great!
word count: 155
Wise man not play leap frog with unicorn...

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:banana-guitar: Hear hear my friends!!!
For once in my life I have the greatest news ever!

I have been accepted at the Painting school in Le Mans!!! YEEEEEES!!!
Woohoooo!

So I'm officially a new student :-) and in some months, I will be able to have my own business :-)

Woah this is such a great moment in my life, I can't believe it's going to happen :-)

Ok, talk to you all later, I have tons of paper to search for and still an important document to fullfill.

Véro :banana-linedance:
word count: 90
The waffle conspiracy...

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:text-woo:

That's great news, Véro! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you.

:happy-wavemulticolor:
word count: 13
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

@NyxStina: Ouch!

@Véro: Congrats!
word count: 5
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

CONGRATULATIONS, VERO!
:banana-dance: :banana-dance:

And ow.. yeah. The sun is about three times more harsh there than it is here. I got sun poisoning two years ago from going to the beach there.
So I feel your pain.
word count: 40
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

TNPrincess14
Fan

Post by TNPrincess14 »

EXTRA SUPER CONGRATS, VERO!!!!

It's nice to see someone get a little well deserved happy these days!!
word count: 18
Jenny
"God is a little formal. Hodgins will do." - Dr. Jack Hodgins

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

So, in spite of everything that's going on, I was determined to have a wonderful time today. So I did.
I spent last night with my sister, my cousin and her boyfriend and we went to the Bucket Game, which is like a homecoming game.
The rivalry teams play for a bucket. They've been doing this for decades. Our team lost, but I still had a spectacular time. c:
And today, I put in an application at Barnes & Noble and we walked around the mall a bit, and I did some hunting for some jewelry making items. Of course the stores around here don't carry the bottles I need for the necklaces I want to make, so I'll have to look to eBay... Which is less than thrilling. Haha.
Anyway.
Big hugs. How are we all recently?
word count: 141
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Kayleigh, do you have a Jo-Ann's near you? I saw some tiny bottles there. They had them in the scrapbooking section, though, for some reason. Here's a link that talks about the ones I saw. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/prod ... _10974129a I don't know if that's exactly what you're looking for, though.

Nothing much new with me. I'm wearing the first of my Halloweeny shirts today. :eusa-dance: I have enough to last me into November. If I don't stop buying them, I'm going to have to celebrate year-round. :P
word count: 101
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Kayleigh! Nice to hear from you. I think they have a lot of those bottles at Hobby Lobby too, but don't know if you have one of those either.

Hi Jade! What sort of things are on your Halloweeny (haha that word makes me laugh) shirts??

School is just getting to the crazy point, where we start having exams and then it seems like we just had one and then we have another one coming up and all the work is starting to pile up. Mid-term exams coming soon too. So while I do tend to pop in and out-I'm sorry if I'm not around much the next few weeks or if I just appear and disappear in the cbox sometimes.

I know things have been slow around here but hopefully they'll pick up once Bones starts again and maybe TJ will have a bit of free time to say hi at least (though I can't promise that LOL)
word count: 167
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Oh, they've got all sorts of things on them -jack o'lanterns, ghosts, witches, vampires, skeletons, bats, spiders, mummies, etc. If you're on Twitter, I'll be tweeting my outfits every day. Today's outfit is a "Vampires Suck" t-shirt, with spider earrings, batty socks, and a vampire hairclip. Here's a link to today's pic: https://twitter.com/#!/jadestormcloud/s ... 08/photo/1 You might have to click "show media" or something like that to see the image.
word count: 83

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hilarious shirt message, Jade. (Especially funny because my 40-something coworker often wears shirts that say "Team Jacob" or "Team whatever the other guy's name is" so if I were to wear that to work I think we'd end up having a throwdown. LOL.)
word count: 46
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

My sister was all about Team Edward. We still tease her about it. :)
word count: 13

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I'm on TEAM TJ! :icon-mrgreen:

Great outfit Jade. :D
word count: 8

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Edward! Yes. That's the other name. I just could not think of it. LOL.

Can I be on Team TJ, too, Sharon? :D
:happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
word count: 23

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Woohoo go Team TJ!!! :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:

I wanna join too :-) where can I sign up??
A multi national team! :D
:happy-wavemulticolor:
word count: 17

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Team BELLA'S DAD. Like seriously. I was like oh my I'm getting so old now.

But of course Team TJ always. :wink:

Love the outfit Jade! Halloween is my favorite. Hopefully I'll have a chance to dress up this year.
word count: 42
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

word count: 0

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Today's Halloweeny outfit is all about spiders. /\(00)/\ I think Hodgins would approve. :icon-biggrin: Image
word count: 14