Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by hanneDK »

Hi,
Hope all of you are doing fine..

This is not a happy update.. for those of you that are on Twitter and read my latest tweet knows what has happend and for those who can read Danish has seen it on FB.

The thing is that I got my notice Last Monday, stating that of July 31st 2013 I will be without a job (unless I can find something in the meantime).
The job I've been doing for the last 7 years has been over the last 6 month been moved to Tallinn (creating BL's, corrections, inserting detials in our invoicing system).. But the shipping world (agencies etc) is really affected by the crisis.. It was a deceision that my boss was really sorry to make - it was with a bleeding heart.. It wasen't me at all, because they are/was happy with my loyalty and my effort.

Knowing that I'll be without a job in 5 month has/is still a big shock.. one day I'm happy, the next I'm sad - rollercoaster of mixed feelings.

Haven't deceided on what to do now.. stay in the business or going back to school - go ín a whole different direction.
However I am so happy that I now am on 2 weeks vacation, so I'll be able to focus on myself (which I still will be doing when I return back to work).
Gonna work my butt of on loosing 23 kgs before my last day! Nothing/nobody is going to stand in my way!!!

Okay time for breakfeast.. Gym later (if I can move my sore body :D )
See you later.. HUGS!
word count: 279

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Oh Hanne, I'm so sorry about your job! It's truly scary not knowing what you'll be doing, but at least you have a little time to figure it out. Just stay positive, you'll find something. And who knows, it could turn out to be something that you really love. :)

Congratulations on the continued weight loss, you are very dedicated and an inspiration. I'm wishing you all the luck for the coming months! :romance-grouphug:
word count: 77
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hanne, I am so sorry! As someone who got laid off from her job a few years ago (and am currently out of work because of a really bad situation caused by my boss), I feel your pain. I know how hard it is, and scary. I will hold the most positive thoughts for you to find your next right path, wherever that may be, and a job that you will love.

And no matter what, congratulations on all the hard work you're putting in, taking such good care of yourself! That is a remarkable challenge, and you are awesome for taking it on!

:romance-smileyheart:
word count: 105

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hanne, so sorry to hear that about your job. But at least you got 5 months to find a new one. Maybe you're lucky. Some of my former colleagues got a 4 weeks notice. That's even harder. Although I know the feeling being scared not to find a new job. It's always sad when you lose a job and don't know what to do next. To make this short - I feel with you and hope you find a new job, soon, or figure out what to do next! *fingers crossed* for you! See: :handgestures-fingerscrossed: :-) :romance-smileyheart:
Take care!
word count: 99
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi everyone, just a quickie to say don't worry about my absence this week; I won't be around till next Saturday as I am just starting my holiday and therefore off on my annual school 'pilgrimage' to Normandy with 20 11-year-olds. As of midnight. Wish me luck! Hopefully I will have some posting time when I get back, if I can wake up!
word count: 67
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Safe travels and have fun, Steph! I look forward to hearing all about your trip. :D

My family's all scattered this year for the Easter holiday (parents in Floriday, sister and brother with their spouses' families) so I'm in town with my aunts for a small, quiet day. In fact, I'll likely spend it the way I have any day -- working out in the morning, doing homework in the afternoon, helping cook in the evening -- so it's not a particularly exciting day, but the sun is shining. That's always good.

Oddly, I seem to be having a weird reaction to something, no idea what. I woke up this morning and both of my eyes are completely puffy and itch like crazy. I don't know if I'm allergic to something or what's going on. I don't recall being exposed to anything new in the past day or so, so I can't imagine what's causing this. All I know is I have this extreme need to scratch my eyes. I'm trying very hard not to but they're driving me crazy! :( The only thing that seems to soothe them is pressing a warm washcloth against them. I'm waiting until my aunts get home from church and see what they think...

... my aunt just walked in the door, took one look at my eyes, walked to the bathroom, pulled out a box of Benadryl and said, "Here, take an antihistamine." I've never taken such a thing before, so we'll see what happens!

How's everyone else doing today?
word count: 269

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

UPDATE: Holy wow, that Benadryl is kicking my butt! It says to take 1 or 2 pills -- I only took one, but I still feel really S P A C Y. I'm trying to stay awake to get some homework done, but at this point all I really want to do is lie down. Sheesh.

Hope you're all having a sunny day!
word count: 64

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Hello, remember me? It's been way to long since i have been here. Sorry for that. I promise i will be better :)

So, as said to Hanne on Twitter yesterday i am dropping by to share my story.

Remember the story i told you [url=viewtopic.php?p=14341#p14341 about the guy[/url]?
Well, he texted me about a month and a half ago, out of the blue. 'Hi Wendy, want to get together for drinks?' I was like, 'dude, what's up with you?'. But I gave it some thought and after a couple of days i texted back 'uh, ok.' (see, i still wasn't sure about it at that point). After a couple of texts about where to meet up i heard nothing, but this time he showed up :eusa-clap: . We walked to the bar for some coffee. First we we were chit-chatting about everything that has happened in each others lives since we've last seen each other. So, after a small half hour he then said 'sorry about what happened, i really didn't meant to do that to you'. So i sat there thinking what i should do or say next, thoughts racing through my head at full speed. I really couldn't think straight at that point so i left it at that for the moment.

Then we went to the Irish Pub where we first met and had a drink. I don't know if it was the icy wind that got my head around this time but i finally got the guts to ask him what this was about. I mean, i haven't heard from him in about 6 month time and then he texts out of the blue?
He apologised again and said that getting together with is ex was a mistake (no, really?!) and it wasn't going to happen again. Then we talked some more about him finally getting his apartment and getting a new job. I played it cool at that point because i learned from my first mistake. After sitting together for an hour or so he decided to go home, so we walked to the train station to get him on the train. He said it was nice to see me again and he kissed me goodbye.

Over the next few days we texted some more and we discussed about meeting each other again. We agreed meeting about 2 weeks after our first. He came to my place and we talked about nothing particular, and i asked about what was going on between us. Is he over his ex, what is going on between us etc. . He said that he and his ex were over and was positive about meeting up more often. Still a bit sceptical, but i agreed, but taking it slow because i don't want to get hurt again.

Decided to meet up 2 weeks after that, but realising it was St. Patricks weekend and me and my friends were heading to the pub to celebrate, i asked him if he wants to join. One day goes by, two days pass, three days.... you get the point (as so did i). When he first stood me up, his ex-gf tagged him on Facebook and i still remember her name, so i got an idea to look at her page (still not convinced about his true nature). And guess what?! I was right all along! They are back together, and worse, they are moving in together in his apartment this May! I serious had a laughing attack about it, because of his stupidness and lying to his (now) girlfriend. And i am wondering about how long this 'relationship' will last. I must admit, i played with the idea to message his gf about his move on me but i let it slip, and let him have it.

So, no more boys/men for me in the foreseeable future. So done with it :angry-banghead:
word count: 666

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Wendy, so sorry about the issues you've had with that guy. Not all men are like that but I understand being a little wary now. :romance-grouphug:

Sherry, why did you leave your allergies here on the sofa for me to catch??? I woke up this morning with itchy eyes (but just a little puffy), and all watery and nose drip. ALL YOUR FAULT I CAUGHT YOUR ALLERGIES!!! I told Vero it was your fault but she said she didn't think I could catch them here, yet she didn't want to come read your post either! I think she knows I was right! HAHAHA
word count: 105
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wow, Wendy... that guy is not cool whatsoever. Awful behavior. Wow wow wow. You deserve so much better than to be treated like that not once but twice! Shame on him. For SHAME. (And good luck to that girlfriend, if he's this wishy-washy. Yikes.)

Sharon, I DID NOT GIVE YOU ALLERGIES! :D Seriously though, is there something in the air, because I woke up again this morning all puffed up. It looked like someone had punched me right below my eye (and on my eyelid). ARGH!

I talked about it with my aunts tonight after I got home from class, and the only thing I can think of that's different is my aunt and I did spring cleaning on Friday (the day before all this started) and she washed all the sheets herself. Usually I do all my own laundry, including my sheets, but she was doing them in big loads as part of the spring cleaning so I didn't think anything of having her throw mine in with hers.

BUT... I realized this evening that I use a different laundry detergent than she does. So if my skin doesn't like the soap she uses, maybe I had a reaction to it (I think hers has harsher chemicals than mine). You'd think it wouldn't matter, because she uses that detergent to wash the bath towels and those have never bothered me, but my aunt pointed out that I don't sleep on my bath towels. It still seems strange to me, but you never know! So I've changed my sheets this evening before bedtime, and we'll see if I wake up puffy again tomorrow morning. If it happens again... I have no idea what's causing this.

My aunt said she knew a guy at work who didn't contract allergies until he was in his 40's, so you just never know when your body is going to have a reaction to something, I suppose. Still, I really don't know what else could be causing this, if it's not the sheets.

I'm sorry you're feeling all yucky, Sharon! I hope you're better soon! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 367

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Are you SURE you didn't leave allergy germs on the sofa??? I haven't changed detergent, and this is the only place I've been. ;) :icon-biggrin:

Actually I think mine is the weather, I've had allergies for few years now, but never got the itchy eyes before. I suppose yours could be the detergent on the sheets, prolonged contact and all. I hope you are feeling better too Sherry and that you've discovered the problem!
word count: 77
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Well, for now it seems the mystery is sort of solved. I did not wake up all puffy and itchy again this morning, so perhaps it was the detergent my aunt used on those sheets. I'll be keeping an eye out all week to see if anything changes, but I was okay this morning, so... ??

Weird!

How are you feeling today, Sharon? Any better?
word count: 65

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I hope everyone is feeling better. We've had a lot of allergies around here, so lots of stuffy noses. My experience with Benadryl has been the same. It takes away the symptoms but always makes me feel loopy and drowsy.

Wendy, I'm sorry for your troubles with men. They're not all horrible like that. Hopefully, when the right one comes around you'll know it. :D

I've had a nice Spring Break so far. My parents are visiting from New Mexico and we've had fun catching up and driving around to local places. My parents are land-locked in NM, so the beach is always one their first destinations when they get here. Yesterday was the 500th anniversary of when Ponce de Leon first spotted the coast of Florida and there has been anniversary celebrations/dedications all week. We traveled to St. Augustine and walked around town enjoying the festivities. St. Augustine is one of my favorite places to visit and I'm lucky to live as near as I do. :)
word count: 175
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

grr Wendy, I feel for you so much! Loathsome, slimy, venomous little orifice of a toad (him not you! :oops: ). I wish I could take you on a good girlie night out and help you forget the Y chromosome. I don't know if it's a good thing or not that you have managed to track him down; I guess it empowers you by preventing future heartbreak, but it's a horrible way to find out about anything of this sort and it does make it difficult to stay out of it and not contact the gf. Better luck to you in the future - that creep certainly doesn't deserve you.

Sherry, Sharon - commiserations. Those allergies sound like a major downer. On a personal level, I have my sore throat back again and it has been really painful during my week in France though I don't have the fever any more. Great time had by all though and I will endeavour to write something about it all when I am less shell shocked!!!

Missed you all. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 177

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Thank you all for your kind words. Love you :romance-smileyheart:

Today I decided to go on a walk. The weather was nice and I don't have anything else to do (unemployment, yay!). I got some flyer in the mail the other day with items on it that i wanted for a long time, so I decided to walk to the store. Normally it would be a 4 kilometer (little short of 3 miles) walk, so I went for it. But the lack of street sings made it a 5,6 kilometer walk :icon-lol: But I made it.

Turns out in the end, all I had to do was walk to the end of my street, turn left and walk to the end of thát street as well. Now I feel a little dumb.
But in the end it was all good. I'll guess I have sore muscles tomorrow.
word count: 149

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Aaaaw so sorry Wendy... Men... Ha... Well I won't say more... ;)

Seems it's been ages since I came here... Time flies by :shock: I'm getting prepared for my upcoming exhibitions so I'm painting painting painting... A lot of stress this month and I hope I'll be ready...

So April is my big month... Next exhibitions are due on 28th April (conference), 20th April - 5th May (swimming pool - Alençon) - whole May (nursing home - Mamers)

Some paintings already done, some others in progress and some others to paint. ^_^ At least I won't lose my skills haha

On a less bright side, I have to deal with artists's problems... I mean money... Hey yes, artists are poor and so am I...
I have to wait for social help and it doesn't come fast... So April is my 3rd month with only 200€ to live per month... How fun...
Well logically this won't stay this way long, but it really doesn't help at all...

Well can't wait for a real rest in May, to relax and enjoy some good moments. This would be great! And maybe find some customers...

Hugs to you all :romance-smileyheart:

Véro
word count: 202
The waffle conspiracy...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hugs to you Véro. Hang in there! *toi toi toi* for your exhibitions!

Hope everybody is feeling better by now!

Sorry I didn't post for a few weeks. But nothing new to report from my side. Work is ok so far. Even it is not my dream to do this job it's ok. My "new" car is so cool! I LOVE it! Went shopping today with my parent, and I'm like I DRIVE-I DRIVE! Really happy with my car!

See you all, soon, I hope! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 90
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

If those people aren't going to love those paintings of yours Vero, I don't know what's wrong with them :D
(By the way, I am wondering, what would a painting like the swimmingpool one cost?)

And *coughs* stupid allergies :angry-banghead:
From my side, what's new?
-Both of my sisters are now engaged. Yay :)
-I'm still lonely LOL
-School going, okay I guess, except for languages (German, French.... *sigh*)
-I realised I have gained like 8 kg in the past 5 months. NOT GOOD. Anyhows, trying to pick up the running. To lose some of that weight :) Just ran for about 35-40 minutes (5KM run/walk) I am sloooooww haha...
-Begging my parents worked :eusa-pray: Now all I have to hope for is good internet connections....
- BEST THING: HEADING TO IRELAND ON SATURDAY :eusa-dance: can't wait :)

Yours truly,
the baby :)
word count: 144
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Excuse absence gain, guys, in a bit of a dark place. Hubby is teetering on the edge of another depressive episode and my father has just been taken seriously ill in hospital and is not looking as if he is going to last long. Work pressure isn't helping...
word count: 49

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Dad's just died. No details yet.
word count: 7