Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by TJ4ever »

stargazer wrote: That sucks about your job Simone. I know how it feels to hate a job. I love my current job, but I've had several in the past where it almost made me sick to my stomach thinking about going into work. Hopefully it gets better for you or you can find something else that's a better fit. Hang in there. :)

Thanks, Kathy! *hugs* :romance-smileyheart:

Nice pics from your vacation. I was once in Legoland in Denmark. Was cool!
word count: 81
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi Ladies :-)

Hope you are enjoying your short vacation, Steph :-)
Love what you have done to your kitchen, Sharon - can't wait to see more pictures.

Hope all are okay and enjoying Easter :-)

I got some great news... I got a job!!

Received a call Friday morning from a shipping company which is located north of Copenhagen - they were in urgent need of a new colleague, due to a colleague in their doc department went down with stress :-(
So they put out af feeler to the shipping industry (feeler, that just sound so weird), my old boss and one of their salesman recommened me highly :-) Was to the interview this morning and I GOT IT!! Met at the same time two colleagues I will be in the doc department :-)
My first day will be on next Tuesday and I can't wait.. :-)
My employment is for 2 months with the possibility to continue if everything goes well and they still have a need for it.
However I will join them for the next two days, to get to meet everybody and get introduced to the systems, assignments etc.. although I know one of the systems I will be working in.. just need a refresher :D

I hope to return later this week with an update and my thoughts on a epi or two :-)

Love you all..
Hanne
word count: 226

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hanne, that's AMAZING!!
Well done! Sorry I have only just spotted this on my return from France. It is great to know your talents are properly appreciated. Good luck! Hope it all goes really well...let us know...
word count: 39
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

CONGRATULATIONS, HANNE!!

So glad you found a new job! I hope it's wonderful.

And congrats to Sharon on the installation of her countertop and redo of the kitchen! I had no idea you were so handy. ;)

How's everyone else doing? Steph, are you feeling better? How's your son? Simone, I hope your job has improved, even just a little, to take some pressure off you.

Hugs all around! :romance-grouphug:
word count: 71

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Sherry! Great to see you here! No, no improvement concerning my job. I feel like I'm stuck somehow in it! Hate it! Need the money, though! Well, yes I should be glad I at least have a job....! :icon-rolleyes: :-?

Hugs to you, too! Hope everything's ok with you!

Have a nice Easter-Monday you all. It's almost over here. Wish the days at work would go so fast, too.

:sci-fi-beamup:
word count: 72

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Taking a moment to savor an accomplishment... :D

(If you want to read more about it, here's my blog link: GRADUATION DAY!

Thank you for always being so wonderfully supportive of me on this crazy journey. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 36
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

THAT'S AMAZZZZING!
Thank you so much for letting us know! I want to come and celebrate with you. We ought to hold a little party here.
We are so proud of you (I think I can speak for us all here?)
I get what you say in the blog about not quite knowing your direction after you have been immersed in something so intense for so long. I don't know WHY I get it, because I have been in that comforting rhythm of school, timetable, holidays, since I was 5. But I do. And I wish you all the luck in the world. :) :happy-cheerleaderkid: :occasion-balloons:
word count: 105

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

YAY, SHERRY!!! Congrats!!! :occasion-partyblower: :banana-dance: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-wavemulticolor: Well done! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 7

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thank you so much, Steph and Simone (and Kathy and Simone over in the chat box, heeee)!

I've got about 1 hour to eat something quick (it's going to be a long ceremony and I'll be missing lunch!), brush my teeth, finish doing my hair and makeup and get dressed. No time to waste!

But I couldn't help but take a moment to stop by and send you all hugs. :D

Thank you so much for all your encouragement. Can you believe it's been 4 years since I took my first class in the summer of 2010, and you all cheered me on to give this new avenue a try?? Lots of love love love to you all.

Group hug! :romance-grouphug:
word count: 124

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I feel so ignored....

:crying-green: :crying-yellow:
word count: 4
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sharon, you're such a sensitive soul. LOL!
word count: 8

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I know, Sherry shouldn't be mean to me. I mean I put the graduation smiley back up just for her and she just ignores me!!

:handgestures-thumbdown:
word count: 26
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

You know we all love you, Sharon! :romance-smileyheart:

Again, YAY, SHERRY! :dance:
Last edited by TJ4ever on Sun May 18, 2014 2:53 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 10

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sorry, Sharon! I totally missed your post! It got buried because Simone responded to you about football? So I saw Simone and Kathy's posts and then I saw Simone's post about football so I didn't scroll down any farther in the chatbox because I thought that was it for my graduation talk. :D

THANK YOU VERY MUCH, SHARON for putting in the graduation smiley and wishing me congratulations. Especially awesome coming from a fellow recent graduate such as yourself!! ;)

You're ALL awesome.

xoxoxooooo :romance-smileyheart:

And now I'm going to go crash, because it has been a very looooooooong day. An awesome day filled with lots of fun and laughs and cheer from my family, but definitely a long and tiring day.
word count: 124

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:greetings-clappingyellow: :-D :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Thanks I feel better now. :laughing-rolling: ;)
word count: 5

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon, you're hilarious. :D

And since you've all been so wonderfully indulgent about this momentous occasion, here's a link to a quick blog post I made about the end of my crazy graduation day: "The Aftermath"

Thank you all again! (Especially you, Sharon. :laughing-rolling: You're the best.)

And a very special thank you to Steph for a beautiful e-card this morning. I admit there may have been some misty eyes and a choked-up throat. ;) *HUGS* to you. I am so grateful for your words.
word count: 88

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

YAY, Sharon - YAY, Sherry! ;-) :smile: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :handgestures-thumbupright:

So, what are your plans after graduation? Sharon, have you finished school completely, too? What are you doing now? Maybe I missed a post. Sorry! :icon-redface:
word count: 29

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

Belated congratulations Sherry!!!
I will sit here for a few minutes, with a cup of tea ans read as many posts as I can.
I have been away for such a long long time... :P

Hugs to you all ;)

:banana-dance: Véro
word count: 42
The waffle conspiracy...

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

Coooooongratz!!!!

I'm feeling nosey lol. So how's everyone going? Lol.

word count: 12

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sorry for my absence, everyone! Thank you again for all the graduation cheer. :romance-smileyheart:

Things have been pretty busy here. I've been settling into a new job, trying to assess if I can afford to move back out on my own, looking at apartments, and just basically trying to find a new balance in my life and my new schedule (finding balance = not easy to do, it seems). I feel like I'm all over the place, and not really engaging anywhere. I wonder if this is some weird residual from finishing school and not wanting to take on anything remotely resembling homework like I've been doing for the past 3+ years. I feel like there's lots I want to do and say, but have no desire to do it yet. I just can't seem to get there, energy-wise. Maybe that will change when I finally find an available apartment I like and change my scenery to something brand new and wonderful. :D We'll see...

How's everyone else been doing?
word count: 175