Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I hope it was exhausting because you had fun, Steph! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 10

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Greetings from sunny Florida. I am currently visiting Emma. I fly up to Chicago for for days to see another friend of mine. It will be so much colder ;)
word count: 29
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph, so you can actually see what I was talking about. On Sherry's birthday I went to the FB messenger and typed in Happy Birthday in the stickers option and then I was just clicking on those that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY and sending them to Sherry. But after this one posted in the messenger, I really looked at it and have NO idea what they were thinking but like I said, it failed. It is a butt with green feet on a plate. ;)

word count: 84
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Yep. Sharon only cares enough to send the very best birthday messages. Involving a butt on a plate. I feel very special.

;)

:laughing-rollingred:
word count: 22

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well, only the best of the best for my friends!!!! :banana-dance: :romance-smileyheart: :handgestures-salute:
word count: 12
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I was going to say thank goodness I'm not on your Christmas list but then I suddenly realised that I am!
I think I am going to call my friends exceptional.
Not weird at all.
:laughing-rollingred: :laughing-lettersrofl: :greetings-wavingyellow:
word count: 36
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ha! You get a real card and I promise not to buy any butt cards. Maybe. ;-) :laughing-rolling:
word count: 16

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Nope, not weird at all! You all are great. Hey Sherry, you should feel special. I didn't get such a b-day wish! ;) - Looking forward to X-Mas, Sharon!

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rollingred:

:romance-smileyheart:
word count: 30
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Someday, maybe you too will receive a butt on a plate, Simone! ;) DARE TO DREAM! Sharon will make it happen!

:laughing-jumpingpurple: :laughing-rollingred:
word count: 20

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:laughing-rolling:

DREAM BIG! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 2

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I haven't seen any christmas themed butts on a plate, so Simone you just have to wait until your birthday!!!

And yes, I am the most awesome friend ever to make sure this thing is shared with you all on your special days!!! :icon-razz: :eusa-whistle:
word count: 44

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Hi Guys n Gals!

So sorry I haven't been online in like... FOREVER! I broke my laptop and then have had some major family issues with my Mum being really poorly.
But I am back online and hopefully back to stay! YAY!

How is everyone? How's TJ? Have we had any more chats with TJ since I was last online?
What's everyone been up to?

I'VE MISSED YOU ALL! :) xx
word count: 74

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Hello, hello, how is everyone? I hope everyone is doing better than me. :P (Side note-- I changed my twitter name to @SmackyKennedy)

I'm come to what I feel like is my last safe place on the internet to just rant and whine for a bit. I say last safe place because I made the mistake of letting real life friends/family follow my twitter and, well, you know how Facebook is. :icon-rolleyes:

The only thing in my life that is currently making me happy are my jobs. I work at an animal shelter now, and while it is quite labor intensive, I am often rewarded with snuggles from dogs and kitties, so that's a plus. They appreciate me there and they are a fun group to work with so I'm pretty grateful for that. I'm still doing some transcription work, creating subtitles for an online art school. It's kind of like getting paid to go to college for art. If only I had time to practice! Both jobs pay me reasonably well, too. Sadly, with cost of living as ridiculous as it is these days, it's just not enough, especially with two kids that need something every single time I turn around. I'm about to lose my car. It's old and has a title loan on it, but it's basically get rid of it or move into it. :sad:

Despite my jobs going as well as can be expected, I'm still kind of miserable overall. My kids are a constant source of stress, whether it's because they're fighting or not listening or maybe the school needs yet another $20 I don't have for a field trip or fundraiser. Or their shoes are too small or they need a haircut, etc. Any parent can relate, but I'm literally buying what they need then bouncing a check at the grocery store when I get food later. They are 13 and 9 now (OMG) and don't want to help me with anything around the house, and some days I just don't want to fight so I just sigh and unload the dishwasher and take the trash out. I know enabling them doesn't really help, but I'm just so tired of arguing, you know? Their Dad is FINALLY paying some child support consistently, which is enough to cover groceries. It only took 5 years and me threatening to kick him out of their lives for him to find that extra $320 a month. That's a laughable amount too. Most single dads I've talked to pay upwards of $1000 - $2000 a month and have expressed the willingness to kick my ex's ass if needed. :dance: The oldest is mildly autistic and your classic "nerd" type, so he is constantly getting bullied. We've talked to the school about it, but beyond that I just don't know how to help him.

I think the main thing is I'm just lonely and tired. I'm tired of doing EVERYTHING by myself and the pressure of being responsible for everything. I'm tired of being alone, but I'm too tired and busy to do anything about it. I still have horrible self-esteem and social anxiety. I signed up for Match.com over the summer and have gotten 40 emails since then, but haven't responded to any of them and ended up cancelling it. I'm either not interested in them for whatever reason or I talk myself out of it. Who the heck would want to take on me and my baggage? Two kids, 4 pets, no car, broke/debt, my teeth are awful, I'm ugly...the list goes on and on. The only people in person who have shown interest are people I have no interest in dating, like my 60-year-old neighbor (ew) or my drunk neighbors that remind me of my ex-husband. Maybe my standards are too high, especially when you look at what I have to offer the other person.

My mom keeps telling me I just haven't found the right guy yet-- "It'll happen! Look, me and [my stepdad]. We didn't find each other until I was 55." NOT HELPING, MA! :crying-green:

Maybe that IS the problem? Maybe I just need that "right guy" to help snap me out of it and motivate me? It's so frustrating that at 37 I have never found a deep connection with anyone, much less romantic love. I don't know. So far antidepressants didn't help. Counseling didn't help. Certainly family and friends telling me that I'm "so pretty and talented" or "just put yourself out there" doesn't help either. It only makes me more depressed because I'm the lone introvert in a family of outgoing people, and it's not a switch you can just flip on.

Anyways, thanks for reading. I took NyQuil shortly before I wrote this so blame all errors on that. Love and light to you all.

PS Can you believe TJ is reading the last ever script for Bones?? :crying-yellow:
word count: 862
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Angela!

I'm really sorry you are having troubles, hate reading that, and of course, my life isn't in a place where I can help anyone else (but I can't/won't get into that on here) but I wish I could. If only I could get someone to let me in on the winning lottery numbers! And if only I bought a ticket! ;-) I just want to tell you though, I see photos of you and I always think how beautiful you are, you have FABULOUS eyes, your hair is so awesome, and I think you have a lovely smile. But all that is the superficial stuff, really what I think when I see you is how super AMAZING I think you are. You work like crazy, have two sons that I know aren't easy yet there you are, every day trying to do what you can. I know you get tired, cranky, lonely, but in the end you still get up and keep at it. You have a fabulous sense of humor, and crack me up with your tweets often. You are like superwoman to me!!! I love the photos of you with the dogs/cats, you always look so happy. But honestly you are a lovely, lovely person overall and I'm happy you chose to come here and happy you are someone I get to know even from a long distance. I'm glad you feel this is a safe place as well.

So that is what I think. I know it won't fix anything but just wanted you to know there are people out here that think you are awesome. Now if I could just send TJ to you and he could be Hugh Newman and tell you that himself! Or he can just be TJ and tell you that himself. HAHAHAHA But if I had the power to do that, I'd probably have to keep him to myself for a little while. ;) :laughing-rolling:

It is very sad that TJ is reading his last script. I'm not sure but I don't think this is easy for him at all. I asked him how he is doing today, and he answered my text but not that question. I think he'd have done this role forever and not been tired of it, so it is probably like losing a part of himself in a way. My words not his, just me thinking there. :smile:

Sharon
word count: 415

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

On my way to work. I'll be back later to reply here. So, so sorry.
:sad:
word count: 16

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm about to hit the road, heading 3 hours away to my cousin's wedding this weekend, but for now I just want to send massive HUGS to you, Angela, and anyone else out there who is struggling right now. It's been a tough, tough year -- especially lately, here in the U.S., depending on how you voted -- and I think a lot of people are feeling exhausted, frustrated and defeated. It's not a great emotional place to be. But I cling to the tiniest sliver of hope that things WILL get better. I don't know how, but I know that whenever I've taken even the smallest steps toward a goal, things start to perk up a little bit. Sometimes even the smallest shift can start some positive change. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a while (a long, long while) for the helpful lessons to absorb. (At least, that's been my experience with therapy.)

Angela, you ARE beautiful! I've seen your pictures. I've also seen how much you care for your kids. I wish I had better words of wisdom, but all I can say is focus on taking care of your kids and most especially taking care of YOURSELF. Even in the smallest of ways, sometimes it helps. What are you doing to take care of you? :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 225

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Thank you for the kind and complimentary words. It did feel good to let it out.

Have fun at the wedding!

Sharon, yes, please send TJ as himself or Hugh. That guy holding the signs in Love Actually would also work. ;-p

Bones ending seems so surreal. I just can't imagine how it is for the cast and long-time crew members. It's one thing to watch an hour of TV a week, but it's so much more for them. It's actually already weird that it isn't on this fall. Castle ended as well, and I've tried several new shows but have yet to find a show that gets under my skin like Bones and Castle did. It makes me sad but maybe it's a good thing--less time spent obsessing. I'm sticking with sitcoms for the laughs.
word count: 146
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey Ang
After reading so much I am curious to see what you look like - you sound stunning!
Seriously though, I am sorry you are having a terribly hard time. Life has been hard work for me lately, which is why I have not been on here, but my small stresses and problems fall into sharp perspective when compared with yours. It must be such pressure when you feel inadequate about facing the running of a demanding family and keeping them fed and clothed with help from no-one (point your ex out to me, I'm good for butt kicks :icon-twisted: ). But you are NOT inadequate. You are doing a fantastic job holding things together in these circumstances, believe me. I'm glad your jobs give you a little respite and I hope with my heart that you can climb out of your hole soon. As Sherry says, sometimes it takes a while. But I honestly don't think it's just a matter of finding the right guy. You seem to me to have the strength to see this through without that extra prop. Nevertheless I do understand how much a good man can boost your self esteem and offer real, practical help.
I am thinking of you and will try to get on here more often to see how you are doing.
TJ coming to the end of this phase in his life! I'm so conflicted about it. It's time to move on, but it must be like leaving your family. And I will miss seeing him onscreen on a (fairly) regular basis. He's sure to go on to something good, but it will take me a while to accommodate the hole that was Jack Hodgins!
word count: 291

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Angela, I think you're awesome! *hugs* :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 7

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

How the devil is everyone? Are we all ready for Christmas? I am just about sorted! Few more things to wrap but that's it.

Anyone here a fan of The Walking Dead? I just wanted to share with you all that I have tickets for Walker Stalker Con London in March, with photo ops booked for Jeffrey Dean Morgan (solo), Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Norman Reedus (duo) and Michael Cudlitz and Josh McDermitt (duo) - and I am SO flippin excited!!!!!!!!!!

Then its my 30th Birthday and I am off to Las Vegas! :romance-smileyheart:
I am stupidly excited! March is going to be a great month.

Much love everyone xxxx

:christmastree:
word count: 110