Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Ellen
Super Fan

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Ellen »

:happy-bouncyshadowgreen:
Congrats, Sharon! my physics exam is in 2 days, and I'm soooooooo nervous about it! I know nothing about physics either, despite the fact that I've been taking it for 2 years.....Oh well, at least after Tuesday I'll never have to do physics again...I hope I pass.... :cry:
word count: 52
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sharon, I am so happy for you! :happy-bouncyblue: :handgestures-thumbsup: Congratulations! :D That's great news! :clap:

Welcome, Jade! :)

Watched the new Star Trek movie! How great! :handgestures-thumbupleft: Was a lot of fun watching it! I watched the English version, which some movie theaters show from time to time. It was easy to understand it in English. Just had some problems to understand "Scottie" because of his accent. And it was also a bit difficult for me to understand Leonard Nimoy. The movie was amazing! One of the best ST-movies ever. Chris Pine is hot! I liked the small part of Leonard Nimoy as Spock, too! Very nostalgic! Had tears in my eyes at the end. Although I am more a TNG fan this movie really convinced me :wink: . It was great to watch! Funny, exciting, great special effects! J.J. is brilliant!

Didn't do much today. Watched Dr. Quinn - Season 2 - almost every day! Just a lazy sunday! :)

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Simone.
word count: 162
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh my goodness, forgot to say:

WELL DONE SHARON!!!

Physics - total mystery to me. So made up that you got it at last. Fantastic news. I've had a smile on my face all day about that, so why I omitted to post I can't imagine! Congratulations.

Simone, I'm interested in going to see the new Star Trek. I'll let you know what I think when I've been.
word count: 72
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello Steph and Simone and Ellen and thanks. Best of luck in your physic exams Ellen. I do feel for you, I really really do.

Thanks Steph, as I said, it was still a horrible grade but its funny how excited you can become when you know you don't have to take that class again. And physics is still a totally mystery to me. :shock: :shock:

Hi Simone!! So nice to see you. I rarely go to movies so haven't seen the Star Trek movie but I'll probably watch it when it comes out on DVD. I loved the original series, it was so corny and I know them all so well! So I might hate this one but who knows. I'll give it a chance.

word count: 128
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Oh, you won't hate it, Sharon! I was skeptic, too, because I'm more a TNG fan. But this movie is really great! - Hope you had a great birthday!

Steph, I'm looking forward to read your opinion about the new Star Trek movie.

Simone.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Mon May 25, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 46
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

*** :scared-shocked: "Star Trek" Spoiler Below :scared-shocked: ***

I went & saw the new "Star Trek" with my father. I liked it, but it took me a while to realize that. I had liked the original series & I was enjoying the new actors' portrayals of the characters, but it'd been a long time since I'd seen the originals & I didn't remember enough to realize that it was an alternate timeline right off the bat. I thought I was watching how the original crew got together. So, when I finally realized that it was all a completely different universe, I got a little annoyed, despite the fact that I had been thoroughly enjoying it before realizing everything was wrong. When we walked out & my dad asked if I liked it, I told him I'd have to get back to him. I knew I wasn't able to think about it objectively, yet. It took me about a week to let my thoughts realign & consider it as a seperate entity from the originals. Now that I have, I find that I enjoyed it.
word count: 180
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

umm...ooh, I didn't know that. I thought it was a prequel too. Hope that won't colour my impressions too much then! Of course you put it under a spoiler notice, but I didn't think a Star Trek spoiler would bother me too much!! :)
word count: 47

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I know I'm late - but I anyway want to say "Congratulations Sharon" That's really good news!! :greetings-clappingorange:
word count: 18

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Martina! Thank you that is really sweet of you. :) Nice to see you on here again too. Hope everything is okay with your sister and the baby.

Sharon
word count: 29
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Hey. Hope everyone is well.
I feel the need to ask, are there any fans of "House MD" here? I'm in the UK (Where we just call it "House" lol) and for us, the new season starts on Sunday. I'm looking forward to it, and was wondering if anyone else is in the same boat? Or has seen it already? Or generally just wants to chat about the show. :D

x
word count: 72
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Ellen, I watch House (which we also call it here...in fact I didn't even know that the show had the MD thing on it until a few months ago LOL). I know Simone watches it as well. Being in the US, I've already seen all of season 5.
word count: 52

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Ah. :D
I'm not sniffing for spoilers or anything, lol, but what was the season like as a whole? Was it as good as it sounds like it will be? How did it compare to other seasons?
I'm sorry to bombard you with questions! I'm curious! :D

xx
word count: 49

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Ellen I'll answer all your questions but I'll do it on the random thread, as this one is suppose to be more about us...and I'll have to answer when I get back from the store. :)
word count: 39

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

oops. Sorry. :D
x
word count: 3

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey, no worries, bound to get overlap from time to time. But yeah, if you are discussing non-TJ shows in depth, Random is the way to go! :mrgreen:
word count: 28

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I shall bare that in mind. :D
Just thought I'd let you all know that my exams are finally finished.....

:greetings-clappingyellow: :greetings-clappingorange: :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-bouncygreen: :happy-cheerleaderkid: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-wavemulticolor: :music-headbanger: :occasion-partyblower: :banana-angel: :banana-blonde: :banana-dance: :banana-dreads: :banana-parachute: :banana-rainbow: :banana-rock: :character-afropik: :bow-yellow: :character-blues: :character-jestercolor: :character-bart: :banana-skier: :banana-stoner: :banana-tux: :chores-mowlawn: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :gay-umbrella: :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy: :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: :happy-smileyflower: :happy-smileygiantred: :happy-sunny: :happy-sunshine:

..... and so to celebrate, not only am I using what is probably WAY to many smilies. :P I'm also going to have a "Bones-fest" and watch as much of the first season as I can. This decision came from the realization I had the other day, that I really miss Zack! :( So I'm going to watch it all, and get the character re-established in my head. :D

x
word count: 94

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:clap: :dance:

Yay Ellen! Glad they are over. :)

My sister and nephew gave me gift cards for my birthday and I bought Bones season 2 (they didn't have season 1) so I'm gonna be watching it this weekend. :mrgreen:
word count: 38

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Ellen - I see somebody is really happy there :D Glad to hear your exams are over.

Sharon, my sister and the baby are both fine, thank you for asking. My sister is a bit stressed, she has to drive to the hospital every day now through really bad traffic most time - and they move house. Of course they have help, but it's stressy anyway. I think Serena soon comes out of the incubator into a normal bed - that will be when she has 1500 grams, now she has a bit more than 1300.
word count: 93

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Martina, so glad your sister and the baby are doing well-and hopefully the little one will get to go home soon!

My class for the summer has been canceled. But rather than sit around all summer, I decided I'm going to take a class just because I want to and am interested in it. I looked at taking a film course but they were all at night or about things I wasn't interested in and they didn't have a history class that I haven't taken already so I'm going to take an American Literature class in July. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: That means that I do get all of June off and then part of August. So not bad and I love English classes! I already registered for it, though I do need to talk to my adviser so they know WHY I'm taking it, and make sure they aren't going to get upset that I'm taking something that is nothing to do with CS. It won't count towards my degree but I don't care. I think it'll be interesting. :)
word count: 188

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Learning for learning's sake!! Let me give that a big <<WOW>> and a bigger <<YAY>>! :clap:

Sounds a good course too. Well done you. And I adore your new avatar btw.
word count: 31