Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sounds a nice break, Jude. Fingers crossed the weather holds up for you down there in the Smoke. We look forward to hearing all about your trip! Love the Spamela reference. It is weird. Are you sure it wasn't just something you'd heard previously, milling about in your subconscious?? Because as a guess, it's astonishingly good!

Sharon - any luck with the comp yet?
word count: 66
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi Steph/All

I don't think I'd heard the Spamela thing before, when the question was asked I was thinking pig then bacon/ham and then thought how it might link to anyone in Baywatch and hey presto! I remember a question about american express credit cards when I was at a quiz with the girls once I think it was what the name of them was and it was something to do with expressions which I got by natural progression again as in express/expressions. Its just the way my mind works sometimes and I suppose it is a bit weird.

I'm best at guessing nationalities and occupations though, names often make me think of a particular nationality or occupation (I mean some names/nationalities are really obvious). I kinda like guessing stuff and working things out, for instance its way more fun to play with new things to get them to work then it is to read instructions. I love messing about with things like PowerPoint too although I could never attend a class or read a manual I'd bet bored after about ten minutes.

I am looking forward to London, I'm considering taking my laptop so I can watch DVDs if the weather isn't good but I don't know if I can be bothered carrying it.

I hope the concert goes well Steph, I must admit I'd love to be able to sing well, I really, really can't!

Have a good weekend everyone

Jude x

btw just gotta say loving 'Lie to me' Tim Roth is excellent
word count: 269

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

ME TOO! Never miss it if I can help it! :)
word count: 10

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:? Wow! There's such a long time since I've been here!!! I have tons of things to read now (^_^)
Hi again to all of you :D
I'm sorry, applications for my kids schools kept me desparately busy and I still don't have a school for my younger son. But it's on its way!

So, what's up here in France? Well, we have all the first seasons of Bones on tv on saturday night, that's great as I have missed some of them by the time, so it's good though I would like to see the end of the last season... They always do this in France, when season are reaching their end, they play again all the old ones and then it seems even longer to us!

Well, I'm going to read all the last posts and enjoy this site with you all ;-)
word count: 150
The waffle conspiracy...

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Its very quiet on here at the mo, just wanted to say London was good. The conference went well, the stall was quiet in the morning but got much busier at lunch and then in the afternoon it was crazy I virtually had no voice left but I loved it, was a real buzz. It was cool meeting loads of new people athough I did have to vary the way I imparted the info a bit otherwise it would have been a bit monotonous. I had a bit of spare time after so went for a wander along the banks of the Thames past the Tower of London, it was busy and the weather was ok so it was an enjoyable couple of hours.

It made up for the evening before when the weather was awful and I was stuck in the room. The view from the room was cool though, right on to Tower Bridge. I'd taken 'Bones' dvds down with me and, although its not a favourite, given the setting, I decided to watch 'Yanks in the UK'. It came to a scene where Booth and Pritchard were sitting by Tower Bridge and I thought it looked really familiar, turns out it was filmed outside the hotel bistro (there were a couple of scenes filmed there). I was talking to one of the guys who works at the hotel and he said they get a lot of film crews there, because of the view.

Anyway, it was a bit of added interest to the visit, all in all a good couple of days.

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 273

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I'm back from London! Had a great time! Full report later - maybe tomorrow?!
Simone.
word count: 15
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Welcome back Simone. I'm looking forward to your report :D
word count: 10

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Martina, I'm afraid it has to wait till next week. I'm not feeling so good today and cannot sort out my thoughts. But I tell you soon! The convention was great, though. Didn't regret that I decided to go! Jordan was really cute! :wink: :)

Have to go to work again tomorrow. Back to reality I guess! :roll: :?
See you all next week! Have a great sunday!
Simone.
word count: 68
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome back, Simone! I'm looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Rest up and feel better soon.

Sherry
word count: 19

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Good to hear what everyone is doing these days. Sorry to be gone so long myself--lots of stuff going on in my life right now. At least the school term is over and I have time to catch up on all the things in my life I've been neglecting!
word count: 51
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Rebecca! So nice to see you here! Hope things are good with you, and hope you can check in more often. :)

Sharon
word count: 22
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thanks Sharon--I've made a lot of attempts in the past few months to get back on a regular schedule online and failed miserably. But as I said, I'm off work now, so that time at least is freed up for me. The job was extra stressful for me this year--lots of turmoil with the budget cuts and some extra challenging students. Boyfriend and I have made it to the stable, committed stage, but it was stressful getting to this point! I'm also trying to buy a house in the coming months, but feeling a little depressed as I am still not rich enough to buy one in the area I live in now, where I want to stay. I find myself thinking back to this time last year when I was in beautiful Britain, having a wonderful time with the people I was with, and meeting the marvelous Steph in person. Feeling sad I don't have that kind of special trip planned for this vacation. Oh well, maybe next year...
word count: 176
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, my TJ-loving friends! :D

It is HOT here. It brings to mind the Wicked Witch of the West... "I'm melting, I'm mellllllting!" *wipes sweaty brow* Whew. It almost reached 100 (with or without the nasty humidity, I'm unsure), a temperature which usually makes me feel like a lazy immovable slug. However! I still managed to walk 4 miles today (whoo!) and bring my car in for tests -- I'm happy to report it passed all the appropriate tests for environmental something-or-other (whatever they test to make sure your vehicle is up to snuff when it comes to environmental hazards, exhaust, clean air requirements, all that sort of thing), so I won't have to have my car tested for another 2 years. Yay.

And... I actually tried on swim suits yesterday afternoon without weeping or berating myself for the parts of my body I don't prefer. THAT is a huge feat. I brought my selection up to the counter for purchase and the clerk smiled at me and said, "You found a suit!" and I couldn't help but say: "Yes, I did. Miracle of miracles." Heeee. Seriously though, I tried on quite a few because it's been years since I've bought one and I have no idea what size I am anymore. A few styles were so boring or hideous on me, I tried them on and immediately took them off. But the keeper... I have to say, I don't usually care one way or another about suits, but this one made me raise my eyebrows and say "Hmm." :shock: :dance: (And made me think a couple other things which I won't print because they'll make me sound like I'm happier with my body than I am. LOL.) Nevertheless, it was a big thing for me because I talked myself in and out of going to the store all morning yesterday. I almost didn't go at all. I just didn't want to put myself through the torture of possibly hating my body or feeling bad about myself. Thankfully, very very surprisingly, it did not go that way. :think: Highly unusual.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. For whatever it's worth. :text-tmi:

;)

Today my aunt had to take her computer in for some work, but I needed the 'net for job applying, so I hauled my own computer downstairs and hooked it up to her 'net connection. Unfortunately, there's no room on her desk for me to put my computer, so I've got the monitor and keyboard on the floor and I'm laying on my stomach in front of it, typing this. I cannot even tell you the bizarre position I'm contorted in, in order to do this. It's kind of frog-like. :mrgreen: Terrible for one's back and hips! I'm going to have to finish up my job stuff and get the hell out of this position. Ouch.

P.S. I can't believe I missed TJ online. I was out and about running errands, never even thought to stop by and see who was in the chat box. I hope he comes by again sometime soon. Though it sounds like he's been super busy and is going to be very busy again, very soon. I admire his drive and his adherence to such an insane schedule. When you're doing something you love, it's easier to find the energy for it, I think. :D Stop by and chat with us again sometime, TJ! We miss you! :romance-smileyheart:

P.S. again. Hi, Rebecca! I'm so sorry to hear about your stressful year. I hope things sort themselves out and you have a wonderful, much calmer job going into the fall school season. *hugs* No matter what, we miss your contributions around here. :greetings-wavingyellow:
word count: 643
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry...reading that I'm thinking about you on the floor typing! Not that I know what you look like but the Sherry of my mind is not looking very comfortable down there! :lol:

What sort of bathing suit did you get? I think that these days they have a lot more flattering styles than they use to have. I actually found one a few years ago that I liked on me, and I was really surprised!

Hot here today too, its been hot the last week or so, even though we had some rain-it cooled off a bit while it was raining but as soon as that moved off-scorching again!

I'm sure TJ will be back some time-maybe a few months from now given his schedule but maybe you'll catch him then! If someone got him to stay still and actually chat though, I'd be surprised! I think TJ doesn't sit for long periods...not that I know, just a perception I have!
word count: 170
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I have to say that TJ has inspired me. I've always enjoyed doing entertainment/artistic work & have been wanting to get involved more, but being exposed to TJ & his work with the Theatre Junkies has actually gotten me up off my butt & down to my local community theatre where I've been volunteering all week. We put together an entire set in four days, & it's been both exhausting & incredibly rewarding. I'll have to send a note to TJ to let him know that he's had a positive impact on me.
word count: 94
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Jade, I think that is great. Bet TJ will too, based on what he usually tells people asking him for advice about acting or theatre or anything. :) Good for you!
word count: 30

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

jade.stormcloud wrote: it's been both exhausting & incredibly rewarding. I'll have to send a note to TJ to let him know that he's had a positive impact on me.
Jade, that is fantastic, well done! TJ loves knowing that he has inspired others. He responded enthusiastically when I let him know I'd used 'Validation' as part of my pastoral work in school. He loves everything about his job, and I think being an inspiration and role model to you and other fans would be pretty high up the list. You're amazing.

Note to Rebecca - I am loving seeing you back here, hon. I too look back with pleasure on that fabulous evening we got to spend together. I often think of you and your family. Glad all is going well in your life even though it might be a while till we meet up again.
word count: 150

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*waves to Sharon*
skftex wrote:Sherry...reading that I'm thinking about you on the floor typing! Not that I know what you look like but the Sherry of my mind is not looking very comfortable down there! :lol:

*laughing* Yeah, it wasn't very comfortable. Actually, I was fine while I was on the floor. It was the getting back up that was tough! :lol: My lower back was all stiff. There's only so much room between their desk and the couch behind it, so I was on my stomach (with a pillow tucked under me), but I couldn't stretch out my legs behind me so I had my knees bent and my lower legs up in the air behind me. Heeee. I'm sure it looked comical. ;) But my aunts' computer is back now, everything's squared away, so I won't have to do that again. Whew.
skftex wrote:What sort of bathing suit did you get? I think that these days they have a lot more flattering styles than they use to have. I actually found one a few years ago that I liked on me, and I was really surprised!

I wasn't thrilled with some of the patterns or colors on some of them, but tried them on anyway in case I might like it on me better than it looked on the hanger (and also so I could try different sizes on). But you're right, they did have quite a range of styles going on. Some did absolutely nothing for me... I tried them on, and thought, ugh, that looks all wrong or boring or just plain BAD. But then I tried this one on, and I thought, wow, my breasts look AWESOME! :mrgreen: Sorry. Too much information. LOL. Seriously though, the contours of it, the way it was made... well, pardon the pun, but it suited me just fine. *GRIN*

Anyway, since you asked, it's a two piece suit (but it's not a bikini, it's more like a tankini, which means the fabric flows down to my waist, only not so boxy looking; it's more feminine in appearance, I think is the best way to describe it). It's got a bikini bottom, and then the top has a v-neck with an empire waist sort of thing going on -- by that I mean it's got a strip of fabric almost like a belt, but instead of being situated at the waist, it curves across the chest right under the breast line (hence, the 'hello! holy crap, wow, check out the accentation of my chest!' -- hey, if it draws the eye to my chest instead of my lower half, I'm happy with that, I can deal with it, LOL).

It's kind of saucy. :D Hey, if it doesn't make me feel like an ugly duckling who should stay covered up, I'm all for it! ;)

Surprisingly, it's not a color I'd usually go for. I lean more toward black with a block stripe of color like red or blue, or I go for an all-over color (usually blue or green), with no pattern whatsoever. I wasn't even sure I liked it when I looked at it on the rack. It was cream with a faded chocolate brown-colored pattern (but a small, pretty pattern, not like some of those bizarre looking ones that are unflattering), and a solid colored bikini bottom. I thought, brown? That's not very summery. But with the cream or beige beneath the pattern, it seemed light (especially in comparison to the all-black suits I tried on). And I found I liked it on me, so maybe it simply suited my skin tone or something.

skftex wrote:Hot here today too, its been hot the last week or so, even though we had some rain-it cooled off a bit while it was raining but as soon as that moved off-scorching again!

Oh yes, it rained really hard here last week. Coming down in sheets, not buckets. And the wind took it so hard, it looked like it was flying across the road in a gigantic wall of rain. The road looked like a lake, there was so much water. I went for a walk a couple days later, down a bike path and into the local town area, and I could see where some businesses' parking lots were flooded. But this week is scorching. It's been in the upper 90's all week. But next week I think it's supposed to drop down to the 70's, so we'll see... maybe it will be a comfortable temperature with some sunshine and nice breezes, instead of this unbearable humidity.

What are you up to this summer? Do you have some time off from classes, or have you resumed a schedule? Did you get into that one class you were trying for, or did you take the whole summer off?

Anyway, I hope everyone here is doing well and having a beautiful June. Pop in and let us know if you're up to anything fun! :D

Sherry
word count: 864

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sherry, that sounds even worse than what I was thinking, legs in the air! :shock: Funny imagining it though! Glad you don't have to do that anymore.

I'm not big on flower patterns much either, and I know bathing suits do tend to love them. Your suit actually sounds very nice, something like I'd get! And if it accented the things you wanted accented and minimized other things, it sounds perfect! Mine is kind of a tankini too, but probably a bit boxy, only the bottoms are sort of a short straight skirt over the bikini part. I tried it on and it really slimmed down my bottom half which is what I need! Its an aqua color, solid. I really like it and I've always hated bathing suits!

Temps near 100 every day for us too. I went out today and it was like it was just burning into me and I'd only been out for about 2 minutes! I hate summers here, always have.

The class I was suppose to take was canceled Sherry, but I signed up for a class that starts July 6th-just because I thought it looked interesting! It isn't on my degree plan so I talked to one of the advisors about it and she said it NEVER hurts to take classes not on the plan if it what I want to do and don't mind paying for it. So I'm taking an American Literature class. Going to be tough, we are going to read a lot of short stories and three novels in one month, plus write a paper and do a group project!

So that makes my fall schedule a killer because the class they canceled in the summer I need before the Spring so I'm not restricted in the computer classes I want. So now my wonderful looking 4 day a week, no class before 12 pm fall schedule has turned into a bear of a schedule with a lab at 7:30 am once a week, and a class at 10:30 three times a week along with my two math classes and my computer class. So going to school 5 days a week because of the MWF class I had to add.

I'll survive though, and when I do, it will mean NO classes outside of Computer science starting in the spring. Getting to the good computer classes! Which also means camping in one building for the rest of my school days! HA HA HA HA

Hope you are having a good summer Sherry. And hope the job hunt isn't bringing you down.

Hope everyone else does check in and let us know what they are doing!

Sharon
word count: 460

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

The two suits that I wear are both tankinis, but I always wear boardshorts & usually a T-shirt over them, too. Kinda defeats the purpose of me taking the time to pick them out, but I just can't get over the feeling that I'm walking around in my underwear otherwise. :oops: LOL
word count: 53
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke