Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Haven't been on for a bit so just a quick catch up, looking forward to new 'Bones' this week, Alex is buying me an HDMI cable for part of my birthday pressie so I can watch it off the internet on the TV, oh and I can get blu ray movies and watch them on TV too 'cos I've got a blu ray drive on the laptop, so happy days.

I've got another audition for a game show on the 19th in Manchester, its for a new one called 'Heads or Tails' presented by Justin Lee Collins apparently, so fingers x'd

Anyway gotta go to work now

Catch you later

Jude x
word count: 118

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Back from the cruise I'd like to say THANK YOU to you all for your kind words! *hugs*

The cruise was really wonderful! I thought I was in heaven for a few days!

Now it feels like I am back in hell! Sometimes I can't really talk about the whole situation without starting to cry! Sometimes this makes me very sad, sometimes really angry, sometimes I am really worried about the future! They said that our salary is save for the next 3 months. Let's hope it's true! But after it???? Nobody knows, nobody tells anything! I guess they don't know it either. A really awful situation. We are really busy at work making lists, etc. A lot of extra work. We had to work long hours. Sometimes at weekends, too. I hope all this effort is really worth it. That we keep our jobs! I don't know! Really bad situation! :cry:
Thank you for listening!

Simone.
word count: 162
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*HUGS Simone*
word count: 2

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi Simone,

Welcome back to the mainland.. :-)

Glad to hear that you had fun on the cruise especially with the situation at work.

Really hope that a solution will be found so you and your colleagues know what will happen after the 3 months are over.
I know what you are going through because the company that my father is working for is going to cut everybody's salary with 10% very soon and in the meantime they are shifting between work and going to school..

My thoughts are with you. a lot of hugs.

Hanne
word count: 96

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

One song that allways make me cry.. is and allways be Richard Marx's Hazard.. :cry:

Oh, God.. he makes you feel the despair, a small glimse of hope, misunderstanding.

HOwever you can make it clear whether he did it or not due to the lyrics.. it can mean two things.. ! Listen very closely to the lyrics..

It's been several years since I heard the song for the first time and at that point I didn't listen that much to the lyrics untill now.
Heard it on my way to work - and the tears just came running down (which is not good when you are surrounded by strangers). I really paid attention to the lyrics.. OMG! if I could then I would have putted it on repeat which is difficult on a IPOD shuffle.
word count: 135

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Hey, hanne, I see you snagged one of my images as your signature. TJ's so incredibly swoon-worthy in that, isn't he? :) <sigh> <swoon>
word count: 26
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

AAA111
Fan

Post by AAA111 »

Hi everyone. I haven't been here lately... Just got back from Singapore for a much-needed vacation. And for their zoo and night safari. I love zoos. :dance:

Back to work. Back to reality. Bummer. And back for season5. Yeah!

@hanne: I looked at TJ' Facebook, and I think you're the hanne from Denmark that I saw there <waves>
word count: 60

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi..

welcome back from holiday..

Just came back to work this week myself.. it was so haard..

Yes.. this is correct. It's me.. Hanne from Denmark on TJ's FB (think I the only one there with my name).. Can't deny it!!!
word count: 44

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Oh boy, I had such a weird dream last night...

I dream very rarely or at least I can't remember when I wake up. This night though I had such a scary dream that Jack Hodgins would be proud. That alone isn't the reason why I post this here, but because Hodgins was a major part of that dream. And no, not in a "the hero" kind of way (Althouh I so love him on Bones). Here it goes:
I was working somewhere on a real office job (I am a university student so that alone is kind of weird) and I had coffee with my old friend Jack (at that point I couldn't tell if it was Jack or TJ). He told me that he had found something important and dangerous and the next thing I knew, I was his complice. We sped through some city in an ultra-modern car and he met with a guy while I waited. They came back together and then they both scared me. Suddenly we were in a yellow cab on a parking lot somewhere far outside the city, some kind of supermarket parking lot at night. They hurried out of the car and locked me in, while I was lying tied up on the passengers seat. Someone was after them but it was somehow clear that those two weren't nicer than whoever was after them. Suddenly a woman with a bright red coat looked through the window and I closed my eyes and hoped that she would think I was dead (for whatever reason) because I knew she was bad.
When I opened one eye after a while I was looking her right in the face and I thought she would kill me now but then she morphed into a normal, blonde housewife who started screaming in horror because she knew this was dangerous.
I was suddenly free and opened the driver's door and ran away. I found myself in the middle of a forrest and I had no idea where I was going. Suddenly Jack was running after me, saying I should stop and they would get me. Then he started shooting at me.
I reached some kind of monastery in the middle of said forrest, which turned out to be an order of believers in old ancient egyptian mythology. The priests were bald and they were speaking old egyptian (not that I know how to speak that). I was somehow one of them, one of the highest priests in there, but I still had my hair.
They hid me in a room in the basement that went out to a garden. They locked all doors and brought in the most important people of that order, amongst them small kids. A helicopter showed up, obviously searching for us and a friend of mine, who was also a member of that order, told me that they had blocked all the highways earlier looking for someone. So I knew even the police wasn't on my side, although I didn't know what they wanted from me, other than seeing me dead for whatever reason.
The helicopter started throwing out something weird and it turned out to be small green plastic crockodiles which were looking for me.
Tourists came in to visit the monastery and one of the kids carried such a crockodile as a toy. I freaked out and was convinced that it could smell me and sense me somewhow, but the others kept it to inspect it.
Then Hodgins showed up with his guys, they took down the door and fled again. That's when I woke up (Thank god!)

This Jack Hodgins is not a nice guy when he visits you in your dreams, let me tell you!
Also I have no idea how my crazy brain came up with that dream. I watched Bones when it came out on Thursday, I haven't seen any action movies or reports about the ancient egyptian cultur since then...
word count: 673
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Girls.. need your help..

I am stuck regarding finding inspiration on what to eat - especially at dinner time.. Feel like I'm eating the same things every week..
Ideas on making that experience more interresting - for the soul. :-)

To be on a diet shouldn't be boring.. then the risk of eaten the wrong things are higher and fall back to old habbits.

I really don't want to fall into my old habbits again, I want to have new ones.

Help!!!!
word count: 82

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hanne, before I answer that question, I need to know a few things:

What do you like best to eat? What do you hate or prefer not to eat if given a choice? What are your favorite vegetables? What kinds of foods do you have (or not have) access to where you live? Do you have a stove with oven and/or a microwave? Are there certain foods that are more (or less) affordable in your location? Anything that you're allergic to?

I ask because I don't want to offer a recipe for something that you won't like. I've found that when trying to eat healthily, I'm better off cooking recipes with ingredients that I like -- if I don't like the ingredients, no matter how healthy it is for me, I'm not likely to bother making it (and then I might risk eating something else in the spur of the moment which is truly not healthy for me). That's my experience, anyway. Yours may vary. :D

Anyway, I'll be able to answer more thoroughly if I know some of these things.
word count: 189

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Well let's see Sherry..

One thing I don't eat as much as I should is fish.. when I do eat it, it's mostly salmon, tuna or shrimps but not so often.
I love peppers (red, yellow, orange etc) and tomatoes, onions..

Have both.. stove and microwave..

No allergies.. (well none that I know of.. :-) )

Live within 2 km of 4 supermarkets.. so I have access to almost every vegetables there is on the market.. LOL and the prizes are not so bad..

So shoot!
word count: 87

xxmeg
Fan

Post by xxmeg »

I got my hair cut today, even though it's short anyway, it's now the shortest it's ever been!! I really like it ^_^
word count: 25

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hey! Just back from watching "The Ugly Truth"! - No, this time not at work :wink: but in the cinema with my sister. First we were in a sports bar having dinner together and watching the football game Germany - Russia. Then we went to the cinema. I must say I laughed so hard I cried! Really great movie! A wonderful evening during a really stressful and hard time! ...and may I add - Gerard Butler is really hot!!! :romance-hearteyes: :romance-heartspink:
OK, need to go to bed! It's after midnight and unfortunately I have to work tomorrow! Yeah, on a sunday! This really sucks! :confusion-shrug: *sigh
Well, GOOD NIGHT!
Simone.
word count: 104
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I had an interesting dream last night that featured an appearance by my favorite blue-eyed actor (you'll never guess who). Very disappointing to wake up.
word count: 27
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

hi Jade..
You are not the only one.. he has appeared twice in mine now.. very good dreams..
Do however still remember parts of them.. and I want them back.. :pray:
It was really not fun to wake up.. as you say dissapointing!
word count: 42

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hello everyone.

Sorry about the Q&A but things have not been so great here. My mother, who is in her 70's, fell in our house Tuesday night. I was in a different room so I didn't see her fall, I found her on the floor (because she yelled) and her knee was swollen and hard. We had her transported to the hospital and it turns out she broke her femur right above the knee. She is in the hospital and she'll most likely be there for the next month or more. First in the regular hospital then in a rehab hospital. But she can't move to the rehab until she can get out of bed and walk, which she cannot do right now. But her doctor really wants her out of the hospital because he keeps telling her "there are sick people there" and she needs to get away from them.

Soooooooooo...most likely there will NOT be another Q&A posted next week, because I don't have the pdf uploaded and I don't have the text section set up either. Sorry about that, but I promise as soon as I can get some time I'll start putting them up again.

Sharon
word count: 210
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

Hi Sharon,

I am so sorry to hear about your mother.. Thank god you found her and got her to the hospital..
Hope she feels better now that she is undergoing treatment for the broken leg.
Does the doctor want her out because of the risk of catching something and then the healing will take longer or is so they have the space?

Don't worry about the Q&A at all.. your mother comes first than anything else..

My thoughts are with you and your mother.. :-)

Hanne
word count: 88

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I'm so sorry to hear that your mum fell and that she has to be in the hospital now, Sharon. Hope she recovers soon!

There's really no need to worry about the Q & A's. It's always great to read them (and I'm always late in reading them) but right now your mother is much more important than that.

Simone, I also saw "the ugly truth" and I liked it very much. I was in the preview (Ladies's night). There really were some funny moments. I think I have to see it again when it comes out on DVD. The "bad" thing about a full cinema where everybody laughs is that the laughing lasts so long that you might miss the next funny moment!
word count: 129

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi all...wow, too-lengthy absence this time, but I'm now on holiday for 2 weeks so should be able to get in occasionally. Might even be able to comment on latest Bones eps! On which I have been sadly remiss of late.

Apologies, Sharon, for not having been around and therefore unable to sympathise about your poor mother. I'm so sorry. Please don't even think about site matters when you have such important concerns outside. We all understand, you know. I do hope she recovers very soon.
word count: 91
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro