Offtopic Sofa Time

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Offtopic Sofa Time

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK so I have been soooo remiss in not encouraging and applauding you on this one, Sherry. Well done! Yay! Keep it up! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Self-news; I actually have a week off, and we were supposed to be going away for a couple of days to celebrate that it's half term and to give my severely-depressed hubby some time out. As it happens my aunt's funeral has put the kibosh on these plans. I'm sad of course, but glad I will at least see my cousins again. Hubby is not looking forward to driving down to Buckinghamshire in son no.2's not-particularly-powerful car; ours is about to have its leaky radiator replaced and is in no state for a 180-mile drive. It also means we will have to rush off when the service is over, as son no.2 needs the car for work tomorrow evening!
word count: 153
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm so sorry about your aunt, Steph. *HUGS*
word count: 9

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

P.S. You're always encouraging to me, Steph. I'm so grateful for you and Sharon and all the lovely people here on TJ's site. :D
word count: 27

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Congratulations Sherry! That's so exciting! Good luck in your new business. :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt Steph. :( I hope you have a safe trip considering your car troubles.

I'm sorry I haven't been around lately. I've been trying to keep myself as busy as possible, between work and the kid's school and extracurricular stuff. It helps to keep my mind off the situation with my soon to be ex-husband. This week I finally made time to visit the courthouse and get the paperwork going for our divorce. It's been six months that we've been separated and I'm tired of being in limbo. There is no chance of reconciliation so I'm anxious to get it over with so that I can move on with my life as a single mom. The good thing is that we get along fine and hopefully there won't be any disagreement in the whole process, but I guess we'll find out. LOL!
word count: 172
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Kathy, I've never been married or divorced, so I can only imagine how difficult this time has been for you, but I can certainly understand the frustration of being in limbo and wanting desperately to be able to finally move forward again, even through challenging circumstances. So... I congratulate you on getting closer to that "freedom." I'm so sorry it's coming at such a cost, but I hope you know you always have support in all of us.

:romance-smileyheart:
word count: 81

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh Kathy, I have been thinking about you so much over recent months and wondering how you were coping. You are wise to take the initiative. It's so much better, painful circumstances or not, to feel that you're in control of at least a little bit of your life. I sincerely wish you all the best in your journey. As Sherry says - we are with you every step of the way.
word count: 73

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Thank you so much Sherry and Steph! :) This whole ordeal hasn't been easy for my kids and I, but we're slowing adapting to our new situation. Time has made it a little easier and it's given me perspective that this was a good change for all of us in the long run. Hopefully we will all be happier when it's finally over. Thank you for support, you ladies are truly awesome! :)
word count: 75
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph, so sorry about your aunt! :sad:

Kathy, I'm glad you are at least doing what you need to in order to move forward. I know it hasn't been easy. Hopefully it will go smoothly and things can get settled without a lot of problems. You know where to find me if you want to vent! :romance-grouphug:
word count: 57
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

GO, SHERRY! All the best for you! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Steph, sorry about your aunt!

Kathy, sorry you have to go through such a difficult time! Take care! All the best!

:romance-smileyheart: :romance-smileyheart: :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 28
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

MariaDiaper
Fan

Post by MariaDiaper »

So I got a new job! I now work at Lush Cosmetics, my dream job! Thought I would share as I'm so excited about this. I am a Christmas temp :)
word count: 31
Met TJ on 12/07/2014 at London Film & Comic Con.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Congratulations, Maria! :happy-cheerleadersmileyguy:
word count: 2

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Fantastic news! Well done!
Christmas temping often leads to more permanent employment. Good luck!
word count: 14

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

So I followed the Twitter call to come over and post if you haven' posted in a while... I guess years would be more accurate in my case.
I am not even sure if I still "know" anyone on here. So I stopped by to say "hi" and "I hope you're all well".
I met my good friend Emma on here... maybe I should tell her to come back if she has the time ;)
word count: 75
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Hi and welcome back Akarana - I haven't been on here much this last few months either. Its a great place with awesome people though isn't it.

I need to catch up on this season's Bones and then I can read the episode posts. It's killing me not being able to look in case there are spoilers haha
word count: 61

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Good grief, Jessi, of course we remember you! Welcome home!
word count: 10

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

Aw, it's so nice to be remembered :)
;) Life these last years was so crazy, I simply didn't have the time to come here. Then I stopped watching the show for a while. Once everything calmed down a bit Cam, meaning Tamara Taylor, cracked me up again when I watched the show again and so I got pulled back in.
How have you all been? And what has been going on here? It all looks so different now. Last thing that I read Bones wise was that TJ got engaged in Germany because that was all over the tabloids and the internet over here.
I just managed to watch the gag reels of the last years last night. So much fun ;)
word count: 122

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Jessi! How awesome to see you! Of course I remember you! We used to have discussions about Cam and Hodgins, and I'd get all freaked out that you thought they should be a couple. :doh: :-? And to me that was like incest. :laughing-rolling:
word count: 42
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

I still like seeing then together because they make me laugh so much. There is barely a scene with these two that is not funny in some way.

But I like Cam much better with Arastoo now ;) However I am still not a fan of Hodgins and Angela :D
word count: 48

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I like Arastoo a lot. Probably because I think Pej Vahdat is a nice guy. I was okay with the Cam/Arastoo pairing. A couple of months ago I was talking to TJ and said there were people that wanted Cam and Hodgins together and he was shocked and said he doesn't see it at all and he doesn't think that would work at all. That is probably a conversation best left for another topic though! LOL Anyway glad to see you back. Get your friend to come back too! :D

Sharon
word count: 93

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

I think it was more a thing of them both being single and the scenes being so funny. Seeing them as characters I don't think that would work either.

Arastoo is a great character. Beside all the other things I think it's SO great to have a muslim character on TV that is not evil or a terrorist. Especially these days.

Emma has moved with her husband (did she tell you she got married?). From what I see and hear she works a lot. I'm still hoping she'll come back to Germany so I can see them again. Otherwise I might have to fly to the US to visit them one day. I really miss them.

On another note: What are you all doing for New years Eve? I am thinking about traveling but I don't know where. I'd love to go back to Cairo but I've been told it's too dangerous. European Capitals are kind of too cold (well, it's cold here too that's why I wanna go away). So if you have any secret get aways or travel advice, let me know ;)
word count: 194