The Random Thread

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: The Random Thread

Post by skftex »

I will let you know Steph! Sunday night! LOL I did know that Watson is getting married, I'd seen that spoiler already.
word count: 23
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

First of all WARNING-SHERLOCK SPOILERS* just in case some people want to watch it and not know stuff even though I don't know that I'll reveal that much.

Steph, I liked the first Sherlock season 3 episode. However, I do not believe they are saying that is actually how he faked his death. I loved that they used several of the theories that have gone around on the internet to sort of make fun of things, especially fan fiction and the whole thing with Sherlock and Moriarty being lovers. That was funny! I think that the writers were pretty clever not giving us a definite answer in the way he did it because just like they showed, people will be disappointed and then question it and pick out all the holes in whatever they chose to say about how he faked his death so they did the smartest thing they could and didn't give us the concrete answer we wanted. Maybe the writers didn't know HOW to work it out, and so they didn't, but that is okay because this way I am not feeling like it was too unbelievable. I admit, I'd have been one of those that criticized it if I could think of one little thing that made no sense. HAHA Of course, I STILL want to know how he did it. ;) But I'm okay that they didn't tell us since it was pretty amusing with the theories about moving bodies around and a mask and someone hypnotizing Watson.

word count: 261
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I re-watched some Gilmore Girls eps. Watched S4, too, my favorite. And watched S7 again which always disappoints me a bit. I wanted more L&L scenes in it. So once in a while I watch it again hoping to find more - hoping for a different and better ending where we at least saw a bit more L&L! That reminds me of Einsteins definition of insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results! But I wanted more! It became great only at the last few eps. The car buying scenes where so great! I loved the song she sang - when Luke entered - for him. But they never talked about the song! Luke never ask her about that misunderstanding in his diner where Lorelei only minimize the meaning of this song because she doesn't want to admit her true feelings to Ms. Patty and Babette. She could have talk to Luke about it in a quiet moment - but no! Oh I hated that! And then at the end they had to rush to an end. So we only saw one kiss at the end! I hated that!

Sharon, I read somewhere that they wanted to do a GG-movie someday?!? Do you know anything about that? Well, they should hurry. Scott Patterson is not getting younger! Wanted to follow him on twitter but wasn't sure. Looks a bit weird. Noticed you are not following him either?!

OK - that was my rant! All that's left to say is: "K.I.T.T. - come fast, I need you!" :smile: I guess sanity is well overrated these days! ;-) :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 273
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Simone they've been talking about a GG movie forever, I think right after it stopped. LOL I don't think it will ever happen. Season 4 is my favorite season, despite having to see the creepy Jason relationship. :doh: Of course I love seasons 1, 2 and 3 as well. I always wished they'd have let Lorelai & Luke talk about when she sang as well. I hated that they just let that one be another thing between them they didn't discuss. :(

I don't follow Scott Patterson because I never looked for him there. Didn't even think about it. I think he is a bit of an odd one anyway, but I'll check it out and see if I want to follow him or not now that you've mentioned it! :)
word count: 135

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeah, this whole Jason-thing was weird! I didn't like him! At the moment I am watching S1. Love it! The Max-relationship was better. Of course with Luke it would have been even better. Other people always bring it up and finally in S4 it happend. Like most of S5, too! S6??? The April-storyline??? The marriage off and Christopher relationship starts??? SO BAD!!!!

One of my new favorite TV series is Beauty And The Beast! I really like it. Back then I also watched the original. Long time ago! Weird! Getting old! Anyone watch this one, too?
word count: 100

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I like how they built the Luke/Lorelai relationship, until season 6 of course. I think Jason was a selfish weirdo! His thing about not going to funerals because he doesn't like them. I don't know that anyone LIKES going to funerals, but you do it for the family of the deceased! He was so self absorbed that he couldn't even attend Lorelai's grandmother's funeral because he gets creeped out by them? Seriously, that should have told her right there he is a jerk. Sorry, I can go on rants about Jason!

Oh I meant to say I really liked Max. As much as I loved Luke from the beginning I think Max was a good guy and I was okay with the Lorelai/Max storyline. :)

I haven't seen Beauty and the Beast! Sorry!
word count: 140

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

It's so great talking with you about Gilmore Girls. Thanks! Wish we weren't in different countries so we could watch it together once in a while and talk about it. :romance-smileyheart: I remember a time when the bad things in S6 happend and I got angry about it and wanted to talk about it I got the - You do know that this is just a TV series - commentary! Or the - Get a life - look! :-?
Oh, and I do liked Max, too! I would be with a guy like Max! :smile:
word count: 90

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Just updated my profile and deleted/added a bunch of TV shows....funny how things change over the years. Except Bones and Castle still have my heart :) :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 27
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Which shows did you delete Angela? Did you delete them because they no longer air or because you just gave up on them?

You know there are very few shows that I started watching from the beginning and gave up on. I guess because I don't watch a lot of TV I don't give up on the shows I do watch, I did give up on House though. I loved it at first but I didn't like when they got rid of the original team and brought in the others. I didn't like Olivia Wilde's character at all and sometimes the shows were ALL about her, so I quit. It is one of the few shows I can think of that I just stopped watching. Oh and Heroes! I saw they are going to do a reboot of that but not sure I'll want to invest my time in that one.

But not every show that I liked do I buy the DVD's for either, I have sets of DVDs for only 5 shows-Gilmore Girls, The West Wing, Babylon 5, Bones, and Scarecrow and Mrs. King. Though if I had the money I'd probably buy the original Star Trek series and M*A*S*H because I can watch those over and over again too!
word count: 224

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

LOL!! I watched House and Heroes too! I didn't finish Heroes because it just got too complicated after the 3rd or 4th seasons and I couldn't keep track of what was going on if I happened to miss an episode. This was before I had a DVR or Netflix so I couldn't go back and watch it if I wanted to. I guess I could go back now, but I would rather watch other things. I also heard they're wanting to bring back Heroes. I'm not sure that I would be interested in watching it, but maybe if they brought back some of the original characters I might......Oh and House!! I loved House! Like you Sharon, I wasn't thrilled when they changed most of the cast, but I still watched and learned to like them. I watched all seasons until the last one. I kept missing episodes because my hubby was monopolizing the TV watching other stuff and I had no way to go back and watch them. Again, before the DVR, LOL! I've tried looking them up online but haven't been successful and I don't want to spent $40.00 on the DVD set. I didn't love the show that much to warrant buying the DVD's. LOL!

From some of the newer shows, I started watching Revolution and then lost interest. The same for Once Upon a Time and Almost Human. I just couldn't get into them as much as I have Bones, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, etc. I started watching Doctor Who and Torchwood and I intend to watch all of them. I also want to watch all of the Seasons of Supernatural. I used to be a faithful viewer, but I got behind and now I have no clue what's going on. LOL! There's just so much TV and so little time!! Hahahaha!! :D
word count: 322
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

LOL, Kathy! I'm so behind on Supernatural it's not even funny. I think I stopped after the end of season 5 and got behind at the start of season 6 and just haven't ever gone back to it. I'm curious what's going on, but I'm so far behind I'd have to find several seasons of episodes to catch up. What are they, on season 9 now? Or 8?
word count: 75

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Haha!! Yeah, I think they're on Season 9, but I honestly don't know when I stopped watching, probably season 4 or 5. I got all of the seasons thru 8 on Black Friday but haven't gotten a chance to start watching them yet. One of these days....LOL!
word count: 51
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I LOVE SUPERNATURAL!!! They are at S9 now, Sherry! Upps, Kathy already told you. S8 blowed my mind. Need to wait till S9 is on DVD - so still a long time - because German TV didn't show this great show anymore/at the moment! Who knows! :icon-rolleyes: Did I ever mention that I met Jensen and Jared once???!!! Jensen is so great and cute! Jared was never so much my type, but he fits in great in Supernatural. Also met a few other cast members. Was at a Supernatural convention a few years ago. So great!
:happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 95

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

How fun, Simone! Who else did you get to meet from the cast? "Ash"? "Bobby"? "Jo" or "Ellen"? Mark Sheppard (whose character name escapes me at the moment, but who is always awesome)? :D
word count: 33

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

That's so awesome Simone! It would be awesome to meet them!! I also loved watching Jared in Gilmore Girls when he was still a cute kid. He's still cute but seeing him as a kid was cool. LOL!
word count: 40

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I also met "Crowley" - Mark Sheppard, "Trickster"/"Gabriel" - /Richard Speight Jr. , "Yellow-Eyed Demon Azazel" - Frederic Lehne, "Young Dean Winchester" - Brock Kelly.

It was a great convention! Not so big! They are still doing Supernatural conventions just not in Germany anymore. It's now in London and Birmingham. Maybe if there is one next year I'll go to the one in London - if there are actors who interests me. I really wanna meet Misha Collins one time!

:angelic-green:
word count: 80

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Yes! Crowley! That was his name. I could not think of it for the life of me. :D

Sounds like you had a fun convention. Some really fun actors (and characters from the show) in that bunch! Very cool.

I've heard so many stories about Misha. He sounds like a hilarious and insane guy. (I mean that in a good way, LOL.) I hope you get the chance to meet him.

I don't know how I'm going to catch up on 3 seasons of episodes of that show. Is it worth catching up? Are they doing some interesting things?
word count: 101

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

P.S. This IS the random thread so... can I just say that I HATE "spring forward" time changes?? I woke up this morning and thought it was one time, but totally forgot to change the clocks so all of a sudden I realized it was actually one hour later and I'd lost that whole hour. *grumble grumble*

I sound like The X-Files. "Have you ever experienced lost time?" :sci-fi-beamup:

:D
word count: 71

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

"Which shows did you delete Angela? Did you delete them because they no longer air or because you just gave up on them?"

Little of both. I'm kind of at a point lately where I just want to be happy in the few hours a week I have to watch TV. For example, if Breaking Bad were a movie I'd definitely watch it, but I don't need several seasons worth of angst!

Body of Proof (Canceled) >:(

Rizzoli & Isles/Southland: Really enjoyed these but canceled cable for a while, and TNT makes it nearly impossible to catch up on them unless you buy DVDs (not on Netflix/Hulu last checked)

Parenthood. No doubt it's good, but kind of depressing and dragged on a bit sometimes.

Once Upon a Time: Too many characters, just couldn't connect with any of them.

Revenge: Binged-watched it then got bored really fast.

Further back...
Grey's Anatomy, made it to season 5, I think? Too much drama.
House, gave it a year after they broke up the original group.
word count: 179
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

That is a lot of shows Angela. I only watch Bones and Project Runway and Top Chef. LOL And the last two only if I happen to catch when they are starting again. I like the competition type things, even though I know they are technically "reality shows".

I only watch Bones because nothing else has really appealed to me, or if they did, I forgot the day they started and then was confused when I tried to watch it a few shows into it. I think I would like Sleepy Hollow but I missed so much that I don't feel like trying to catch up. I saw part of an episode that was interesting, probably would have been more so if I'd known who all the people were and why they were doing what they were doing though. I've seen pieces of Castle, and I know everyone seems to love it, but it just didn't draw me in enough to stick with it. I also think part of it was that in the last 4 years I've had a lot of night classes, and they seemed to be on days the shows I thought I might want to watch were on (Definitely why I missed Sleepy Hollow, I had a Monday night class LOL). I don't know why I don't just set the DVR when I see things that I might like but I never remember it. I don't have Netflix and it is annoying to try to watch things online because they keep buffering so I don't even attempt that really.

I saw part of a Supernatural episode, the very first one, and decided I wouldn't stick with that. I also originally tried to watch Parenthood, I LOVE Lauren Graham but it just didn't keep me, I think I saw the first 3 episodes of it.

I am more likely to be watching an old movie or one of the few TV shows I have on DVD rather than newer shows for some reason. Maybe I'm stuck in the past! HAHAHA
word count: 355