The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Shona, hi...
All you TJ-ers out there - I have long been a fan of snowflake_shona's, both for her great vids on youtube and for oddenthusiasm, which is one of my favourite bookmarks and has been in our links thread (see the Talk TJ forum; eventually it'll come over here) from the very beginning. It's a fabulous Hodgela site and Shona has just mailed me to say she is going to make us one of her affiliates, which is frankly one of the most flattering acknowledgements we've had.
Thank you so much, Shona, for your time and your encouragement! I may come to ask for help from time to time when my mod powers kick in officially towards December. You are very welcome.
word count: 128

valencia112
Fan

Post by valencia112 »

Hello everyone...

My name is Valencia, I've been an avid watcher of Bones since b4 the release of the 2nd season. I picked the Season 1 dvd up cause it was one of those recomendation things on Amazon.com

That one episode where him & Bones were trapped in the car...he had me at that moment. I was like "No Not Hodgins!" I knew he wasn't gonna die, but still..I'm an emotional person. When the new season started and he had the new look...I was thinking Booth isn't my crush anymore. LOL!

See y'all around.
word count: 102
~V~

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I really, really hope we'll see you a lot more, valencia; I love meeting new people here. And also this is a very exciting time for this site, which will hopefully soon become a repository for all information TJ, with the odd exclusive from time to time. My friend Rebecca (begolden) and I are the moderators here, or rather we have been appointed and will receive mod powers in due course, so we are the people to come to with plaints, pleas or plaudits! Or useful suggestions for that matter. Enjoy!

I think a lot of TJ's fans discovered him in those moments in 'Aliens In A Spaceship', because it really displays his depth, range and acting technique. He's simply superb. Oh yes, and hot, did I mention hot? Booth - I can thoroughly appreciate DB as a great male specimen, but he just doesn't do it for me like TJ does. What do you think of Bones S3 by the way, so far?

Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Tell you what - find the sofa thread in the Talk TJ forum and tell us a bit about yourself. Or just read up about the rest of us, we're an interesting bunch!!
:P
word count: 207
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Hey Guys!
Is this the place to come and show my face again? Wow! it's been so long since I've gotten around to coming on here (yes I'm a bad, bad, bad, bad, bad fangirl) and I would make my excuses but in all honesty I really don't think i've got one, well nothing valid enough to be away from this place, you guys and the wonderful man we're all here to talk about anyway (not that I haven't been doing my fair share of squeeing about the new season and other TJ related stuff over on my LJ of course).....Ok I'm rambling lol, but you guys probably remember I have the tendency to do that quite a bit lol....Anyway! I can't believe how much this place has changed, it really looks amazing now (not that it wasn't brilliant before of course), and I'm really glad to see an array of different threads and posts for me to peruse, and use to find out even more stuff about TJ.

All I have to do now of course is catch up on everything I've been missing lol, which could take me a while considering you've all been posting like crazy in my absence, but well i've always been determined. Right I better go and start on that before you all start wishing I hadn't come back lol :wink: :wink: :wink:
word count: 243
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

We're doing our best to get the place up to scratch, wil, so keep coming back, because once we get the press section and the gossip section up and Rebecca and I get proper mod powers it will be even more worth visiting (TJ has mentioned us on his MySpace - fame at last!). Meantime, as a pageholder yourself, any input about what you'd like to see here in the future would be welcomed either as an open post or as a pm to 'themanagementteam'.

I love 'Bugs 'n' Slime' btw. Although I can't seem to access it today. If any of your friends there would like to join us here, well - the more the merrier.
:):)
word count: 118

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Ah, Steph, be careful. You know what they say... "With great power comes great responsibility."

Hee.

Simone, I saw your film interests after you sent me a friend request on myspace. That quote was for you. :D Can you name it? LOL.
word count: 41

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Ah, Steph, be careful. You know what they say... "With great power comes great responsibility."
LOL!

I can name the quote because this is something I like too. Now shall I do it or not, I wonder? *cogitating while caressing white Persian cat*
Mwahahahahahah!
word count: 46

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Welcome, Valencia! If you now find your crush has moved from Booth to Hodgins, then you are in the right place! Hope to hear more from you, so please stick around!
word count: 31
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Ah, Steph, be careful. You know what they say... "With great power comes great responsibility."

Hee.

Simone, I saw your film interests after you sent me a friend request on myspace. That quote was for you. :D Can you name it? LOL.
:)
Hi Sherry,
Of course I can name it! Love the Spider-Man Movies! See you here or on myspace!
Simone
word count: 63
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

skftex
TJ Team Validator

New...to forum and to Bones :)

Post by skftex »

Hi! Thought I'd say hi because I just registered. I just started watching Bones about 3 weeks ago so I'm totally new to the show as well as the message board. I love the Hodgins character and think TJ does a great job. I've seen the last 3 aired shows of season 3, and in the last 4 days have watched all of season 1 and am currently on episode 8 of season 2. :shock: Thats basically how I'm going to look after watching tv for hours straight, which I NEVER do but this show has me hooked now. :lol:

So thats about it for now. Great site from what I've seen so far, I haven't had time to explore a lot yet though.

Sharon
word count: 129

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Sharon -- If you are still on episode eight of season two, I cannot wait for you to see the next episode (# 9)! It's one of my personal favorites, and a lot of other viewers feel the same. Just a really amazing, well-structured, intense, emotional episode all around. Please come back and let us know what you think of it, and any other episodes, of course. Love to hear your thoughts!

Welcome to TJThyne.com.

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 79
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks Sherry. I watched 2-8 last night, so I'll be watching 2-9 sometime today I hope! I'll try to get back here and let you know what I think about it! Where is the best place to discuss that? I'm assuming not here since this is the welcome thread?

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Sharon
word count: 59

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

That's a good question.

I was thinking the best place might be the Bones header (found when you click on TJ Thyne Forum Index). You could probably set up a new thread there for discussion re: that episode.

Steph, Rebecca ... as the mods of this site, what do you think is best?
word count: 53

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Oh yeah, absolutely, use the Bones forum and make a new thread for it. This section is to say a sincere hi to newbies - welcome Sharon! - and, when I get the chance and the powers to shift things about, will contain other hello threads which are presently floating around in 'Talk TJ'

But everyone out there, look at everything, read it all, there must be a heck of a lot of exploring to do if you're new here, and we need contributors to tell us what's good and bad!

Tak soon!
Steph x
word count: 95

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Hi Sharon!

When I first saw your name I thought that maybe you were my sister, who I have been bugging to get on this site for the longest time! Anyway, it's great to have you here. I rather envy you, being a new fan and being able to watch all the episodes for the first time. If you are a TJ fan, you will love the journey through season two! I look forward to reading your comments on the episodes.

Rebecca
word count: 83
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Rebecca!

Thanks for the welcome!!! I hope your sister does join, message boards are always fun-at least to me they are when I get attached to something like I suddenly have to Bones!

Sharon
word count: 36

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

So pleased you're in on the ground floor, Sharon, this site is going places! Reminder to you and all new members - get over to the Offtopic sofa thread in the Talk TJ forum if you want to read about all of us at length or indeed tell us all about you. That's what the thread is there for and you don't have to read the full daunting length of it!!
word count: 73

buffyangelbones
Fan

Post by buffyangelbones »

hey everyone my names loretta, i just popped over from tj's myspace, which is getting there slowly but surely, this site too will be amazing , keep up the good work and my best to you all for the holidays.
word count: 40
*Loretta* ;)

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Loretta!

Welcome to the forums. :D Hope you stop by again and chat with us.

And happy holidays to you as well.

Sinkwriter72
(aka Sherry on TJ's myspace site, as well as on my own, here)
word count: 37

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the board but I visited the site a few months ago and I have to say that it looks amazing now. I know there are things to be done yet but at least it's in the right path! :D I'm going to the sofa thread straight from here to introduce myself in a more proper way :P

see ya
word count: 65