The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
Callieach
Fan

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by Callieach »

ThyneAlone wrote:You owe me big time, wil. When you get to meet TJ you are going to feel obliged to parcel him up and send him to me.
Why do I not see that happening anytime soon? She's obviously going to keep him for herself, and the only ones with any hope at all are those who knows where she lives...
word count: 63
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

rotflmao......Well that's negotiable :wink: :wink: (especially as Calli and Kimber have already called dibs :D :mrgreen: )

EDIT:
Callieach wrote:
ThyneAlone wrote:You owe me big time, wil. When you get to meet TJ you are going to feel obliged to parcel him up and send him to me.
Why do I not see that happening anytime soon? She's obviously going to keep him for herself, and the only ones with any hope at all are those who knows where she lives...
rotflmao.......starts looking for a new place to live.
word count: 89
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I think when TJ finally finds the time to read these forums, he's the one who's going to run screaming in search of a new place to live.

:D

Heh heh. Only teasing, lovely ladies. Only teasing. ;) Kisses!

(Don't forget. I'm on here, too. Yikes. I'm trying to think of all the posts I've written and what all I've said. *cringes while laughing* I've been respectful, haven't I? *ahem*)
word count: 77

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

*snorts* We'd probably end up scaring the guy, that's for sure. (But he does scared so well! Do I need to pull out my 'Aliens in a Spaceship' "Dr. Brennan? *tires squeal**bright light**afraid face" screencap?)

Though it should come as a reassurance that none of us are clinically insane, right? Right? No raging sociopaths that I've found lurking yet.
word count: 64
xox.

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:I think when TJ finally finds the time to read these forums, he's the one who's going to run screaming in search of a new place to live.
You do know that I'm the only one here that lives close enough to TJ to do any real stalking, right? So, I'm afraid he will be long gone in my clutches before any of the rest of you lot get down to Southern California... LOL! (Just kidding, TJ, just giving the girls a hard time... :wink: )
word count: 90
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

begolden wrote:You do know that I'm the only one here that lives close enough to TJ to do any real stalking, right? So, I'm afraid he will be long gone in my clutches before any of the rest of you lot get down to Southern California...
You're mean. You're just..mean.
Callieach wrote:none of us are clinically insane, right? Right? No raging sociopaths that I've found lurking yet.
Hmm. You clearly don't know us well enough yet.

OK 2 things;
  • what is everyone doing up at gone 1.00 am? Ahhhh yes, for most of you it's a more civilised hour. Wil, what are you doing up at gone 1.00am? I slept badly because of the gales we've been having round Liverpool of late, then had to get up early to see son no.1 back off to Leeds uni, and I look like a bush baby. No really, I do.
  • why are all we oldies attempting to reassure the newly-arrived younger contingent that we're 'just kidding'? Threatened, much (oops sorry, my mind goes Valley Girl when I'm tired. Look like a bush baby, talk like Cordelia Chase. No chance for me there)? We're all attractive, intelligent women. Crush them!
(just kidding...lol)

Now be darlings, have pity and stop posting at me. I've got to go and mark at least 2 sets of German coursework ready for tomorrow.[/color]
word count: 246
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:I think when TJ finally finds the time to read these forums, he's the one who's going to run screaming in search of a new place to live.
Oh yeah! Actually I kinda feel sorry for him rotflmao :wink: :wink:
Callieach wrote:Though it should come as a reassurance that none of us are clinically insane, right? Right? No raging sociopaths that I've found lurking yet.
*stashes straight jacket beneath the bed*

Oh and Calli! Trust you to throw a Aliens reference out there lmao.
ThyneAlone wrote:OK 2 things;
  • what is everyone doing up at gone 1.00 am? Ahhhh yes, for most of you it's a more civilised hour. Wil, what are you doing up at gone 1.00am? I slept badly because of the gales we've been having round Liverpool of late, then had to get up early to see son no.1 back off to Leeds uni, and I look like a bush baby. No really, I do.
  • why are all we oldies attempting to reassure the newly-arrived younger contingent that we're 'just kidding'? Threatened, much (oops sorry, my mind goes Valley Girl when I'm tired. Look like a bush baby, talk like Cordelia Chase. No chance for me there)? We're all attractive, intelligent women. Crush them!
[/color]
  • Naturally I was just proving how right Callieach was, and demonstrating to you all that I really am the Captain of Insanity......especially considering me going to bed waaaaaaay after 1am was of course followed by me having to get up at 4.30am for work *heads desk* (especially as I'm not feeling 100% as it is)
  • Rotflmao!
word count: 280
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

I... I was trying to be hopeful about the crazy thing. I've been proven wrong, and I accept that. *shrugs* *is secretly thrilled at the insanity of it all*

And, ThyneAlone, bush babies are actually pretty cute. ;)
Also, I have a reason to be up at odd hours. Insomnia. I've got nothing better to do than spam forums at 1 in the morning.
word count: 65
xox.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

ThyneAlone wrote:... I've got to go and mark at least 2 sets of German coursework ready for tomorrow.[/color]
Let me know if I can help! :wink:

And I have an excuse to be up this late (it´s 2.30 am now in Germany). I can sleep long because I took a day off from work today! :D
word count: 58
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:D

Heh heh. Only teasing, lovely ladies. Only teasing. ;) Kisses!

(Don't forget. I'm on here, too. Yikes. I'm trying to think of all the posts I've written and what all I've said. *cringes while laughing* I've been respectful, haven't I? *ahem*)
:)
word count: 79

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

florenkat
Fan

Post by florenkat »

New member here, Kath, and just want to say a big hello to everyone. I have not done this before and would appreciate any helpful tips! Thank you.
word count: 28

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Kath! Welcome! :D

If I were to offer any helpful hints, first of all I guess I'd say to start exactly where you did... in the Welcome forum. The "Off Topic Sofa" is a place where you can get to know some of the other members of this forum; we've introduced ourselves in this thread and then talked more in-depth in the Off Topic thread. (And of course, the Off Topic thread is titled thusly because it's for posting in general regarding any subjects that are not directly related to TJ or his projects, thereby keeping the TJ-related threads on course and less cluttered.) Also found in the Welcome forum is a thread entitled "Your aliases -- do I know you?" which is for any other site you might like to mention that you're a part of, such as LiveJournal, MySpace, Facebook, tv.com, the FOX site, any Bones-related sites or other TJ-related sites, etc. You're welcome to share that information with us, especially if you'd like people to 'friend' you on those sites. Whatever you're comfortable with.

The other forums within the 'Board index' are all TJ-related:
  • There's one for his work on Bones, with all sorts of conversations going on regarding specific episodes, characters, character relationships, a Q&A column should you have Bones-specific questions of any kind, and even a thread about the writers' strike.

There's Other Work, which should be self-explanatory (ie, anything that's not Bones -- be sure to check out the videos section of his website for clips of his work; TJ has done plenty of great stuff).

As well, there's a forum for Media -- mention of new or found interviews, photographs, video clips, links to other TJ-related sites, and even a thread re: fan sightings.

There's Talk TJ which is a more general forum with threads regarding this site (for suggestions and questions), TJ postings that don't fit in the other forums, and one of my favorite threads, 'All you wanted to know and haven't had a chance to ask,' a thread in which you can post questions to TJ. We've already posted quite a few questions there, and his wonderful management team (here known affectionately as 'the M team') have taken some of the questions and sat down to ask TJ directly. They'll be writing up a transcript of the interview and posting it to this site sometime soon. In the meantime, we're posting more questions, for potential future interviews. TJ's been very generous of his time; I'm really looking forward to hearing his response to the questions presented. So if you've got questions for TJ, by all means, visit that particular thread and post away!

Finally, there's the Anticipation forum, which is for spoilers and speculative discussions (but for more explanation on that, check out ThyneAlone's helpful thread announcement "What this forum is all about").
My biggest advice? Browse about the forums, and check out the various threads in whatever order you please. It's really fun, the fans here are friendly, helpful and kind, and we love a good conversation!

I've talked in general about each forum, but if you have any questions whatsoever, I recommend posting or sending a message to our marvelous moderators:
Steph (also known as ThyneAlone) and Rebecca (also known as begolden). Or, as we like to call them, Super Mods. :mrgreen:

Once again, welcome to tjthyne.com!
word count: 590
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Kath!
It's truly lovely to see you here. This is such a great place to be, the more the merrier. How did you get into TJ? Was it Bones, or have you been watching him in other stuff? This site is still under development, so if you have ideas about what ought to be here, let me know.

I feel pretty guilty that the wonderful Sherry has stepped in to welcome you fulsomely, with all her warmth and knowledge, when I am the - what did she call me? Supermod? good grief! :roll: She's said everything I should have (I'm usually in more regularly but I am a teacher and much-beleaguered with exams at the moment) and shown you round brilliantly, so there is little for me to say except get in there and enjoy yourself. And ask immediately if there's anything that worries you or that you need to know. Someone will answer!

Steph x
word count: 160

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Kath! Welcome! Where are you from?
Simone
word count: 8

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Heeeelllllllooooo, Kath.
I can see you've already got thorough welcomes from Sherry, Steph, and Simone, but, hey, welcomes are fun and I like to pass on the 'Yay! Newbie!' love. (Since I was one of the last ones to get it.)
Have fun here. We don't bite! (Or most of us don't, anyway.)

- Dakotah
word count: 57
xox.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Speak for yourself. :lol:
word count: 3

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Everytime I try to make you people out as not completely batshit insane, you have to go and correct me, don't you? :P
word count: 23
xox.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

roflmao!

I try not to disappoint. <<manic giggle>>

Whatever studying are you doing on a Saturday morning? Oh (cue song)whoops - I - did - it - a-gain ....forgot time difference :oops:
word count: 29

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Don't worry, this forum and everyone on it never disappoint. ;)

And I'm not studying on a Saturday morning, it's still Friday night! Even worse. lol. I've got exams next week and Chemistry likes to whoosh over my head. Science was so much easier last year when I could remember almost everything based on an episode of the many crime dramas I watch. Too bad Jack and Zack never got in to great discussions about the Ideal Gas Laws.
word count: 82
xox.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

What's ideal about them? I'm ashamed to say I did the unambitious Convent Girl thing and dropped physics and chemistry out of sheer incompetence and hatred when I was 14 (kept up human biology though, well we're all interested in the human form, aren't we? :twisted: ). This must have been a traumatic break for them because they've never 'spoken' to me since until, synchroniciously (oh come on, linguist, licence to invent words), yesterday. Being naturally masochistic, I had determined, during some of my periods 'freed' because of pupil exam leave, to observe in class some of the 11-12-year-olds for whom I have pastoral responsibility and look at class dynamics, get to know the kids better, etc. It was amazing. Their science teacher is inspirational. Great discipline and the ability to teach changes of state and movement of particles by making cups of cold and hot tea in beakers ("can we drink it afterwards, Sir?") and, hilariously, by getting the class up and moving in two groups of 'particles', one lot representing air in a confined space, the other the introduction of a fart, ie methane circulating randomly. And you can imagine how this enthuses 11-year-old boys! I was actually moved to join in! No, silly, asking questions, not being an old fart. Fabulous. Good luck with your exams, Callie; could you give us dates so we can wish you the best on the card thread when the dread day comes round?
word count: 250