The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi willowwood! I have encountered you from my fanfic readings, I think? Good to know of more UK support. You are so right, those new pictures are to die for. I like the hair a bit longer myself, but am definitely coming round to the new look, the more I see of it.
As far as Bones on UK tv goes, I am surprised people managed to follow it so well during season 2, given that the insoluble financial strife between our (and a lot of other people's) cable providers and Sky whipped it off our screens mid-season immediately before the 'Aliens' broadcast! There was no point changing our providers, as we'd've had to give at least a month's notice to our present cable company and the season would have had precious little left by the time we'd acquired access. Which forced me to hunt down the second half on the Internet, not easy as the free downloads available from Fox are only available to US viewers. Still, where there's a will there's a way. We are going to be looking at various digital packages soon. At present we are missing the Sky reruns, which is irritating, but at least I have got round to viewing the whole season now elsewhere.
word count: 219

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Hello to Willowwood have read and enjoyed your fan fiction.

Saburcat I believe the US is ahead of us in Uk-I have seen 26th then 19th September for you,so goodness knows when we are due episode 1.Hopefully before Christmas.The series 2 DVD is due out September .

Yes R.you would love Wales I am sure.To add to the confusion there is a flag of St.David but the Dragon is the most commonly used,and relates to a myth.

Yes Steph I did remember you are a linguist but in my experience that doesn't usually include Welsh!!!I see your husband was in a male voice choir,did he ever compete in Wales?
word count: 119

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:Yes Steph I did remember you are a linguist but in my experience that doesn't usually include Welsh!!!I see your husband was in a male voice choir,did he ever compete in Wales?
If you're interested in languages the interest is global, doesn't matter which ones you know; you have an interest in other cultures and pick up some of their vocab and grammar fairly easily whatever your own specialities. It's a great feeling. Compare it to forum activity - ok we are mainly communicating in English here (though I do use other languages sometimes when talking to people from other countries), but isn't it good to be able to exchange ideas with people all over the world with the same interests/obsessions?
My other half did indeed compete in Wales, with considerable success. Their first National, his choir came something like 4th or 5th I think, though they were the only English choir in the competition (they belonged to th North Wales MVC association rather than the NW England one - in many ways the choir was closer to the Welsh in style, based in Runcorn where there was a strong chapel and Welsh community, many of whose native speakers were choir members). They did some recording too while he was a member, and there was one huge memorable joint concert at the Albert Hall.
Apols for the offtopic. Maybe we should have an offtopic forum - except one does tend to drift off by accident rather than intentionally!
word count: 257

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

willowwood wrote:On another note I was wondering if you guys have seen TJ's new hair cut? not to mention the wonderful new pics in the gallery.
Hey Willowwood, good to see you here! I have you marked as one of my favorites on fanfiction (I write there too--my specialty are M rated J/A stories--blush)

Thanks for alerting us to the new pics in the gallery--THUD--the blue tee shirt shots are wonderful! TJ, you're lookin' mighty fine there...
word count: 85
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

begolden wrote:Thanks for alerting us to the new pics in the gallery--THUD--the blue tee shirt shots are wonderful! TJ, you're lookin' mighty fine there..
I keep saying - TJ, you have to be blue! Blue background, blue clothes, anything that brings out those wonderful eyes. There must be some stylists out there to tell you that!
word count: 59

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

begolden wrote:Hey Willowwood, good to see you here! I have you marked as one of my favorites on fanfiction (I write there too--my specialty are M rated J/A stories--blush)
Willowwood, if you haven't, you have to read her stuff (her name's gldnwrtr), it is intelligently erotic and very, very funny!
word count: 56

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Now, that was very naughty of you Steph--you've "outed" me! But thank you for the kind words and the recommendation... Now we can really frighten off TJ if he ventures over to the world of fanfic and reads any of my explicit ramblings! But in my own defense, I thought we needed more "romantic" stories involving Hodgins, because hey, Booth isn't the only leading man on the show!
word count: 71

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Wow, you're all making me blush with your wonderful words about my fanfic. I didn't realise I was so wildly known and I'm so glad you enjoy it. Also begolden, yes I've read your work and absolutely adore it and definitely agree that we need more romantic stories with Hodgins. Hell we need more Jack-centric fanfiction full stop and if it pleases the Hodgela shipper within well that's even better lol. Also thanks so much for adding me as one of your favourites over on FF.net.

Yes those new pics really are amazing and positively to die for, that blue t-shirt is just well.......*dreamy sigh* lol. Although I think I may not be making myself entirely clear when I'm referring to his new hair cut, cause whilst it's shorter than what we're used to in those new promo shots I'm actually referring to the really short cut he's currently sporting at the recent Bones press-conference. Have any of you seen it yet?? Or shall I post a link?

Yes ThyneAlone we too were struck with the sudden disappearance of our favourite channel (aka the only one I really ever watched *sob*) but as you say where there is a will there is away, and I have to admit that I'm thankful that there is, cause otherwise I might very well have gone insane lol.
word count: 240
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm sorry, Rebecca, I just feel you deserve a wider readership. I do appreciate the fact that the man himself may be looking in here, but personally, if I were a down-to-earth actor doing all sorts of excellent and varied work, I wouldn't be interested in reading fanfic about one of my characters. Apologies for removing the bushel from your light. Honest!

Additional: oh whoops, simulpost with willowwood! Wil, I have already looked in on your site (in fact, came upon it before I ventured here), it's excellent. Good to see you're tuned in to R's material... I think I know the pics to which you refer, and, as I said, I am getting used to the cut now. Jack seems to have come out in sympathy with Zach! And of course it's been a hot summer over there, in contrast to the torrents over here.

The other girls (on TV.com and now mostly over here too) must be so sick of me dissing Sky and Virgin, may the pair of them perish in some fiery hell somewhere. It's reassuring to know others have shared my plight and annoyance!
word count: 199

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

ThyneAlone wrote:I Wil, I have already looked in on your site (in fact, came upon it before I ventured here), it's excellent.
Oh wow you're all making me feel famous or something lol, and i'm really glad you like the site it's not much and myself and the fellow mod are really trying to get it off the ground so if you happen to have an LJ account and feel so inclined please come and say hey, post pics, or just do anything lol. I know there are a few TJ fans over there who haven't ventured over here yet, plus it'd be nice to have more members *grin*
ThyneAlone wrote:I think I know the pics to which you refer, and, as I said, I am getting used to the cut now. Jack seems to have come out in sympathy with Zach! And of course it's been a hot summer over there, in contrast to the torrents over here.
lol, yeah I have to admit that it was a bit of a shock when I first clicked on the pictures, mostly because of how different it is and makes him look. Although, I definitely like it and I'm curious as to whether he'll have that shorter cut on the show. Anybody know if they're filming yet?? or will be shortly??
word count: 232
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

willowwood wrote: lol, yeah I have to admit that it was a bit of a shock when I first clicked on the pictures, mostly because of how different it is and makes him look. Although, I definitely like it and I'm curious as to whether he'll have that shorter cut on the show. Anybody know if they're filming yet?? or will be shortly??
They've already begun filming, as far as I know, so yes, we'll get to see Hodgins with short hair and an even shorter beard! I found myself actually liking the look from what I saw on the group panel shots. However, I know I'm going to miss the curls sooner or later--my favorite TJ look is the really long curls, like he had in season one. Hey, I saw if you've got 'em, flaunt 'em!
word count: 146

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:I'm sorry, Rebecca, I just feel you deserve a wider readership. I do appreciate the fact that the man himself may be looking in here, but personally, if I were a down-to-earth actor doing all sorts of excellent and varied work, I wouldn't be interested in reading fanfic about one of my characters. Apologies for removing the bushel from your light. Honest!
No worries Steph, I feel flattered. It's nice to know we have several authors on this thread--where are you, by the way, Kimber?

Somehow I doubt TJ would be too offended... after all, it's straight up romance with Hodgins and Angela and he always gets the girl! Perhaps he would be flattered as well that we think of his character in such a light...
word count: 135

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It's true; though I haven't tried it myself, we do have talented writers on here. Although we maybe need to make it clear that we love TJ in all his manifestations and not just Jack!
Ladies, do make it known when you've added to or completed a fic (Rebecca -- err-hmm! Where's that next chapter of your latest?) - I don't go over to fanfic.net too often because I lose track of time!
word count: 78

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Agree about fanfic.It can be the twilight zone for me,lose half a day lol.Just one more story I say but of course I can never just stop at one,like chocolate biscuits. :lol:
word count: 35

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:Ladies, do make it known when you've added to or completed a fic (Rebecca -- err-hmm! Where's that next chapter of your latest?) - I don't go over to fanfic.net too often because I lose track of time!
I know, I know... See, this is how perverse I am--I've had the whole summer to write, and not a word. In two more weeks I'm back in the classroom, and then I'll spend all my weekend hours writing! I'll admit that it was horrible of me to leave poor Jack and Angela in the storage closet, and he with a nasty bite wound to the shoulder :twisted: Waaaay past time to get that one resolved!
word count: 123

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

begolden wrote:See, this is how perverse I am--I've had the whole summer to write, and not a word. In two more weeks I'm back in the classroom, and then I'll spend all my weekend hours writing!
Ah. You broke up about 3 weeks before me and I was really envious. So can I tell you now I'm not back till September 6? Mwahahahahaha. :twisted:
word count: 69

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

To add to R.'s blushes her fanfic is about the best I have read and enjoyed.Plenty of passion but lots of humour very realistic.I think we should nominate her and Willowwood for official Fox Bones
scriptwriters :twisted:

Had trouble posting this morning was becoming quite worried!!!
word count: 48

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

And don't forget that Kimber--and Jo (who has yet to turn up on this site)--are also fabulous Jack and Angela writers! Another writer on fanfic I'd like to recommend is Dianaofthecrossways. She only has a couple of stories up, but they are very well done. What's wonderful about our writers is that we all approach the subject matter a little differently, which is refreshing.
word count: 69

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Oh yes indeed I didn't mean to leave out Kimber or Jo.And I agree with R.Dianaofthecrossways is excellent.Y'all just need to get your fiction hats on, grab the inspiration and write-soon :D

Expected to see masses of posts as I haven't checked since Sunday but I am still the last person to post. At least that gives me a breathing space and no doubt we're all busy.We do need to have a life outside these pages.

Hope you are feeling better Rebecca,sinus headaches are one of the very worse type-I am a fellow sufferer.Thank goodness I haven't fallen foul of a migraine for ages.

Have posted my choice of episode on TV.Com after Steph kindly suggested I get my feet wet as it were.

Probably won't be online tomorrow might check here later to catch up with you all.
word count: 153

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

Hi all. Lots to catch up on, I see (can't wait to get over and see the new pics everyone is talking about). I haven't heard of the fanfic.net site, but I'll have to check it out when I'm at home and have some time. I'm not sure how I feel about fan fiction, to be honest, because I've never read any! I'm a writer too though, and I never thought to write about characters I enjoy on TV. It's opening up a lot of possibilities for me though. So I'll have to hop over there and check it out!

Just a little more than a month 'til season 2 is on DVD, and I can have a Bones-fest. Woo hoo!

Weez
word count: 133
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me