The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Izzy!
I'm ashamed of myself for missing your posts. I do apologise. I normally check every day but things have got a bit out of kilter during this weird time of pandemic. Let me introduce myself; I'm Steph, resident in the UK, and I'm the moderator here, so i should be doing my job and enabling your first posts! I have been here for 13 years (gulp) and you couldn't meet a nicer or more welcoming bunch of intelligent people. Everyone's friendly so I imagine when things are slightly more normal others will come in to say hi. Meantime, although you definitely fulfil our most important criterion, we'd love to know more about you, so feel free to post more. Any problems, come to me or our delightful admin Sharon (skftex). Happy browsing both here and on the main site.
word count: 147
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Hey Izzy,

welcome here :)
word count: 4
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

kalya
Fan

Post by kalya »

Hi Everyone,

My name is Karen, and I am from Toronto, Canada. I have been enjoying TJ's work since the beginning of Bones, and during this time of insanity I decided to see what he was up to now (or planning, when the world starts spinning again!) I found this site, and here I am.

I met TJ a couple of years ago when he was in Toronto for a comic con, and he is not only a good actor but a truly nice person. And he gives great hugs! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 91

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yes, indeedy, the hugs are a balm for any trouble!

I hope you and yours are well and happy, Karen. As you will have seen above, I am your friendly local moderator charged with approving your first few posts, and I welcome you heartily. Such a pleasure to see new arrivals. Look round and make yourself at home. We look forward to seeing more of you!
word count: 66

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Oops, I missed Izzy come in! Welcome Izzy! And yes TJ is great. :D

Welcome Karen! Really nice to see you here, and I agree, TJ hugs are the best!!!!

Hope you both enjoy it here! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Sharon
word count: 36

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Welcome Karen! Lovely to have you hear. You are so right, TJ gives some good hugs. :smile: Have a lot of fun here.
word count: 22

Waffle Iron
Fan

The return of the waffle

Post by Waffle Iron »

Hi everyone!
I'm back! And as it's been ages since I came here I think it's fair to introduce myself again 😅
Some of you know me for years since I've been a member for years, but as I've changed so many things in my life, I'm also back with a new account.
For the long time members, you probably used to know me as the waffle lady. I'm the same person but a waffle guy now 😂 See? Lots 's of changes I've told you.
Soooo my name is Victor, I'm French, living in Normandy in the green countryside, I'm 48 and a tattoo artist.
I'm glad to be back with you all, take care, stay safe ^^
word count: 127

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Rebonjour!
What can I say? Welcome, welcome home! I feel quite humbled that you trust us enough to come back and tell us about your experience. It must have been such a difficult time. It's so good to see you back, everybody will want to come and say hi. You'll find things quieter atm because of Bones coming to an end (that said, the reruns have been keeping me sane most of the lockdown, lol), and of course, the pandemic, which has in many cases kept us away from our normal contacts. It's still a great site to be on, though. You know the routine, so feel free to look around and update on everyone and everything. Soooo nice to see someone on my carefully reupholstered sofa again. Do stay. :text-welcomewave: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 133

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Welcome back Victor!! We’ve missed you! I know most of us haven’t been very active on the site this year, it’s definitely been crazy. I’ve had tons of stuff going on in my personal life on top of the pandemic. My daughter graduated high school and started college, I sold my house and bought a new one, and finally I got married to an amazing man in October! All while trying to be safe and social distancing. It’s been interesting. LOL! I hope everyone is doing well! Miss you all! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 95
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

omg, that's fantastic! Congratulations and welcome home! Well done on achieving so much at such a dreadful time, you're a beacon of positivity. You go girl, and have a well-earned relax over the vacation. You've brightened my day! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 42

Daniela
Super Fan

Re: The return of the waffle

Post by Daniela »

Wow congrats to all of that! It has been an exciting time for you. :)
Waffle Iron wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:55 pm
Hi everyone!
I'm back! And as it's been ages since I came here I think it's fair to introduce myself again 😅
Some of you know me for years since I've been a member for years, but as I've changed so many things in my life, I'm also back with a new account.
For the long time members, you probably used to know me as the waffle lady. I'm the same person but a waffle guy now 😂 See? Lots 's of changes I've told you.
Soooo my name is Victor, I'm French, living in Normandy in the green countryside, I'm 48 and a tattoo artist.
I'm glad to be back with you all, take care, stay safe ^^
word count: 151

Old Miss M
Fan
Mood:

Post by Old Miss M »

Hello :smile: My name is Tina, I'm from Germany. It's exciting to be here.
word count: 15

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Willkommen Tina!

Sorry I have been so long coming to say hi. I'm a teacher, and sadly the pandemic is keeping me too busy to stay in touch with all my friends.
This is a great site, even if you don't spend much time here on the board. The board has much to recommend it though, so stay with us. Take care, hope all is well with you.

Alles Gute,
Steph.
word count: 73

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Hi Tina!

Welcome here. :) I am Daniela and a fellow German. It´s always fun here, so enjoy your time around!
word count: 21

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Hi Tina! :text-welcomewave: Sorry, a bit late. Not here so often.
word count: 10
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.