Your aliases - do I know you?

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Re: Your aliases - do I know you?

Post by TJ4ever »

Welcome E-lu! Have fun here!

I finally made it to facebook, too. It's still kind of strange and I guess I won't be there very often!

Simone.
word count: 30
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I can say with sureness that no one here knows who I am, and if someone does I'd be very surprised!

I go by Lorenith most the time, it's not anywhere close to my real name, but I'm as likely to respond to it as my actual name.

When not having my face eaten by schoolwork I spend my time chatting with my guy, reading webcomics, posting on various forums (most notably the overclocked remix forum, a community of people that love video games and music). Playing flash games on Kongregate, or checking out the artwork on deviantart. (I also happen to have an occasionally updated gallery there).

Oh I also play puzzle pirates, not as much as I used to, but it's kind of my home away from home.
word count: 134

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Lorenith, this is a great line:

When not having my face eaten by schoolwork

Although as a teacher I see school work from a different angle, I can certainly relate to the feeling you describe! LOL!
word count: 36
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

Once I finish college I'm going to be saying the same thing cause instead of doing homework, I'll be grading a million papers and critiquing art projects.

Although grading papers is a little easier then doing them...heh.
word count: 40

ForensicMama
Fan

Post by ForensicMama »

Let's see...
I used to be on the Boneyard as MilkMama, but got booted. I'm not sure if it's because I kept registering for like a million names (couldn't figure out how to log in) or because I wrote thing that were... erm... not acceptable. xD
I'm on LJ, the ABY & here under ForensicMama. I write some under milkmamareturns. =) I also write lots of non-fanfiction things, but I'm afraid they'll be taken... But I'm thinking of putting one of my (BIG) stories on LJ, just for friends to see and critique. I'm about 30,000 words into a mystery novel... murder, mayhem, family mysteries rolled into one tight little bundle. Hopefully it goes somewhere because I like the MC. (OK... babbling).

So there ya go. You'll find me almost everywhere under forensicmama. ;)

~Mama
word count: 144
Blogger, Temptress, & Miss America All In One Compact Little Package
http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

ForensicMama, that sounds very cool. I love mystery novels! :D Sounds like quite a project. How do you find time to write? Do you carve out a schedule, when your kids are asleep or...? Nevertheless, very inspiring. :clap:

I can't imagine you getting kicked out of anywhere. How on earth is that possible? Though I admit I've never really been on the BoneYard so I don't know how picky they are about the content of posts there (or is the Boneyard = the FOX site? If so, then yes, I've posted a few times there, but not for months now).
word count: 101
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ForensicMama
Fan

Post by ForensicMama »

I have one child. She's two. I'm sure I wouldn't have half as much time if I had childREN. I don't have a schedule. I just write when I can. Sometimes that means staying up past midnight and writing forever. Sometimes that means writing ten minutes here and there. It's something I enjoy. It's a passion and a hobby. When I'm bored, I prefer to write over everything.

Yeah, the BY is pretty strict which means keeping away from profanity and sexuality. Unfortunately, I think that also means writing petty and childish stories most of the time. Real people cuss and make love. So how realistic can these stories be? I think they keep it that way, however, for the sake of the underaged.

~Mama
word count: 132
Blogger, Temptress, & Miss America All In One Compact Little Package
http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oops. :oops: Apologies, Mama. I thought you had said you only had one child, but I couldn't remember (and I confess I was too lazy to wade through the thread to find your initial post about it in order to double check). However, I have since gone to your LJ which Steph linked us to, and I can say with absolutely certainly that your daughter is ADORABLE. :D

Excellent points about the difference in writing that can result when censored. Food for thought, for sure. And I far prefer true-to-life fiction that gets in-depth over works that have been sanitized. *GRIN*

So, tell me, if I were to go back to your site to browse, what's the first story I should check out?
word count: 126
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Lorenith
Fan

Post by Lorenith »

I don't think it's fair to say a story is childish just because it may not have any cursing or sexing in it.

:P

Of course there is a huge difference between censoring something, and simply not having something in there to begin with.
word count: 45

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I'm around on a few sites, almost always with some variation of jade.stormcloud. I'm still "jade.stormcloud" on the "Bones" Wiki, "jstormcloud" on the BY, & "Jade S." on the Hulu "Bones" discussion pages.
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Fri May 22, 2009 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 36

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Apologies for the belate welcome to E-lu! What do you prefer we call you? Emma-Lou, E-lu, Francis, or ...? :D

Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 24

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Jade, I know I've already said it on the chatbox, but I think 'stormcloud' is wonderfully evocative. One of my cyberfriends has a little girl called Storm. You also have that universe-dominating Doctor Who thing going for you, as he's known as the 'oncoming storm'. Power and beauty; yes, I like that.
word count: 55
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

"Power and beauty"? LOL. I like that. Normally, I think I just fit the "unpredictable & destructive" aspects. :D
word count: 17
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Don't often do that one-word response thing, but...

LOL. :lol:
word count: 11
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

:D I t seems I have skip this step... Actually, for anyone who would like to know a little bit more about me, you can find me at my facebook page as vero sauv ;-)
You are welcome (^_^)
word count: 36
The waffle conspiracy...

Samson
Fan

Post by Samson »

My "Alias" is actually my real name. (Figured not too many people have it.. Especially in almost 35 years I have only met two people with it..:)

However, it does get a bit old with the "Delilah" jokes... :mrgreen:
word count: 38
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

...or the "Sesame Street" ones? :wink: :)
word count: 5
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

queenofthelab
Fan

Post by queenofthelab »

Holy moly, I've just realised I have a lot of other accounts around the place.
On LiveJournal, you might know me as gwen-harkness (yes, Torchwood fan, it's incredible :) )
On InsaneJournal, I'm thisisnotatest
On ff.net I'm notjustabonelady
On Yahoo! I'm tonguelovergirl (it was a joke, my friend, I swear!)
And finally, I'm mostly active on Twitter under the same name as here, queenofthelab (actually, David Boreanaz answered a question I submitted to an interviewer via Twitter. IT WAS BRILLIANT.)
You can add me on Facebook too, though I don't use it much, just search for Cally Yaxley.
word count: 105

nainaitok
Fan

Post by nainaitok »

Wow..I'm actually quite scatted in various Forums...
I manage webfans and a forum for Indonesian singer named Agnes Monica. The web fans has runned since 2005 and can be considered good. Take time to loot at it http://www.agnezone.com
Also, I'm online on denden forums using the nick (ansudjono), on Melanie C Forum using (northern_st4r), Youtube (ansudjono)
Oh, and I also write a personal bloe located on http://www.nainaitok.org
on twitter, I'm using the same name like my nickname here. Also, I'm on facebook under the name Nathania Sudjono.
Anyone ever recognized me?
word count: 103

Akarana
Super Fan

Post by Akarana »

My "Aliases" make it always kind of clear that it's me because you can usually find the name "karana" (a german Forum) in there or "Akarana" (LJ, FF.net...). If I needed a longer name it's AkaranafeatMeeko (like on FF.com). So if you see the name on a forum that as to do with series or books it's 99% that it's me ^^

However to find me on Fb you need my real name ;)
Last edited by Akarana on Wed May 12, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total. word count: 78
HODGINS: Well, hello, my exotic princess.
CAM: What a charmingly inappropriate greeting, Dr. Hodgins.