Your aliases - do I know you?

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Your aliases - do I know you?

Post by begolden »

But Steph, you only see a very little of most of our pages without joining, since we can't add you as a friend... for instance, you can't read our blogs or look at our photo galleries... :cry:

Can't you promise your son that you won't ever trespass on his MySpace?
word count: 53
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It really isn't so much about him any more. I just don't feel I could do it justice at the moment, that's why I'm not on LJ either. It would be such a passive existence if I couldn't, timewise, offer my friends a chance to read or view me as well. I am so hugely beleaguered at work just now that I only just get time to visit here and the other site I am theoretically moderating, and believe me, they are suffering because their traffic is less intense.
word count: 94
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I definitely understand the time factor, Steph. We only have so much time in the day and the week, and it's difficult to do and see it all. So don't kill yourself trying to do too much.

That said, I will add this:

I'm not currently posting blogs or bringing my 'Space' up to a more fascinating level either, not right now. I know it will take time, and -- like this site and many other people's -- it's a work in progress. Nothing wrong with that!

Mainly right now I'm on MySpace simply to read my friends' blogs, and other blogs of interest (including TJ's, of course, whenever he has time). In fact, I think I mentioned once before that the first reason I even signed up for MySpace was because David Duchovny was writing a blog about his experiences writing and directing his independent film House of D, and I wanted to read about it and support his creative interest. And the only way you could read his blog was to sign up, yourself.

My point is, your own Space doesn't have to be perfect right out of the gate. I think you'll find most people keep theirs fairly simple until they have more time or more knowledge to build it into something more decorative and/or substantial. (Some don't care to ever expand their sites -- nothing wrong with that, either.) So don't let that one factor keep you from signing up and enjoying your friends' sites or from being able to browse about and see all the interesting things out there. That's my humble recommendation, fwiw. :D

P.S. Back then, it really amused me to know that my first friend on MySpace (and for a while, my only friend, until my actual friends started signing on) was David Duchovny. I would joke, 'You know, as my good friend David Duchovny would say..." ;)

At least you know you'll have the rest of us eagerly waiting to 'add' you as soon as you sign in for the first time. *GRIN*

So...
COME ON! Be a joiner! DO IT! SIGN UP ALREADY!

*ahem* No pressure or anything. :lol:

Sincerely, you know I'm only teasing you, Steph. ::hugs::
word count: 377

themanagementteam
Fan

Post by themanagementteam »

This thread is "your aliases-do I know you?" You'll find out mine right now! COme to TALK TJ!
word count: 20

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Teasers and tormentors, that's what you are today, M Team. What on earth are you up to? :D

~ Sherry
word count: 19

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

*waves madly in return at Lostakasha (or should I say late_heart)* *squishes*

Here's the direct link to my Myspace page if your interested Steph, don't be put off by the fact that mine is all snazzed up and jazzyfied, cause if one of my best friend hadn't been there first and figured out how to do it all, I'm pretty sure mine would still be a boring blank page.
word count: 74
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

checked yours out already sweetie. how d'you think I knew your birthday? :)
word count: 13

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

ThyneAlone wrote:checked yours out already sweetie. how d'you think I knew your birthday? :)
Aha....Dammit! And here I was thinking we had a psychic in our midst’s ;) :D
word count: 30
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I need to figure out how to do those cool Bones banner things, and I'm still wishing the avatar function would be, well, functional, but until that time I wanted a little something extra when I post, so here's me and my boy.
word count: 45

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

begolden wrote:I need to figure out how to do those cool Bones banner things, and I'm still wishing the avatar function would be, well, functional, but until that time I wanted a little something extra when I post, so here's me and a beer.
If you want a Bones banner or a TJ Banner (ha! how that sounds?), I'm willing to help you with that. I love doing those things, in fact, I live with the photoshop window open all day in the computer because I don't want to miss any opportunity to do something with it. I'm like a photoshop-addict and a bones-addict and ... ok, i'll stop there. Anyway, like I was saying, just send me whatever you want in the banner (pics, quotes, etc...) and I'll put it together. If you want. :)
word count: 144
~ s o f i

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Very cool, Sofi! I will definitely take you up on that. I'll pm you later about it--thanks!
word count: 19

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Oooh! A banner? That's so cool! If it's not too much trouble, Sofi, may I take you up on that offer someday, too? :wink:

You're right, Rebecca. I'd love to see the avatar function set up, but until that time comes... your picture is fun. :D
word count: 48

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Oooh! A banner? That's so cool! If it's not too much trouble, Sofi, may I take you up on that offer someday, too? :wink:

You're right, Rebecca. I'd love to see the avatar function set up, but until that time comes... your picture is fun. :D
Of course you can Sherry! ;) And I extend my offer to anyone.
word count: 62
~ s o f i

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

OoOoOo!! Sofi, i'll take you up on that offer! A banner sounds fun.
=)
word count: 14

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sofi, that is so nice of you. I might even ask for one myself. I have requested the avatar set up - this is the second time actually, as I did it some time ago, but for some reason have heard nothing about it.

Can I make a small request?
That's it.
Small.
Not tiny. Just small.

Huge banners distract me totally from what I'm reading - I've been known to abandon boards in frustration - and if we have, as I hope we will have, avatars as well, I will find it hard to concentrate on the topic in hand. Not being a spoilsport, I hope - I'm as keen to see personality here as you all are.
word count: 119

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

ThyneAlone wrote:Sofi, that is so nice of you. I might even ask for one myself. I have requested the avatar set up - this is the second time actually, as I did it some time ago, but for some reason have heard nothing about it.

Can I make a small request?
That's it.
Small.
Not tiny. Just small.

Huge banners distract me totally from what I'm reading - I've been known to abandon boards in frustration - and if we have, as I hope we will have, avatars as well, I will find it hard to concentrate on the topic in hand. Not being a spoilsport, I hope - I'm as keen to see personality here as you all are.
bonesaddict11 wrote:OoOoOo!! Sofi, i'll take you up on that offer! A banner sounds fun.
=)
Yes and yes ;) as I told Rebecca just PM anything you want on the banner; and Steph talking about the size you tell me which is the best, I did mine of 500x200 px because is like the normal size all around the message boards I frequent but...like you said they tend to be a little bit distracting sometimes and if the avatars are going to be up and running soon, this will be like Vegas during the night with all the shinning billboards and stuff. So tell me the size thats convenient for the message board and I'll change it :)

I'm a huge addict to the Photoshop so I love when I have more and more excuses to work with it, lol.
word count: 263
~ s o f i

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

I'm taraljc on LJ (mostly flocked, but fanfic and icon posts are always unlocked), "LJC" just about everywhere else including FFN (it stands for "Lady Johanna Constantine" thanks to Sandman being my fave comic back in 1992 when I first got online). And my blog is here.
word count: 48
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

IntempestaNox
Fan

Post by IntempestaNox »

I go by Intempesta Nox over on myspace, blog, twitter (just starting), the OB Firefly Board, the Blue Whale Pub (tv mb) and two Indiana Jones boards. I use Trinitys Ghost over on Doombuggies and TellNoTales (Disney attraction fansites), and go by Captain Sophia M (as in Mos) Eisley on the Pyracy Pub. At the moment, I'm spending alot of time on Pyracy and Indy, as a few of my hobbies are tied to them.
word count: 76
Jennifer
Intempesta Nox >> The Dead of Night
"Uh oh. You have but-face."

E-lu
Fan

Post by E-lu »

Hey,
i'm not so techniquely inclined so i'm only on facebook and myspace. . . i think.
well my usernames are usually francis, francis320 or francis4320.
Oh and i'm Emma-Lou, yeah francis doesn't really makes much sense but thats my middle name and what most people know me by.
word count: 52

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello There and Hearty Welcomes! We have few Aussie members, E-lu (tho the ones we've got are awesome), and it really is great to see you here and posting. By my calculations there are some of TJ's fans awake and posting over nearly the whole of the day - with California 8 hours behind us in the UK, and you approx 10 hours ahead. I say approximately because your summertime is exactly the opposite to ours, and ours is about to go forward while yours, I think, goes back? :? I could really scramble my brain here. Enjoy the boards, and the site. It's really friendly and there is lots of discussion going on. Oh - and TJ visits. Always a plus.

Come to me, Sharon (skftex) or Rebecca (begolden) with any problems and we'll sort you out!

Steph x
word count: 142