Guest Appearances

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
willowwood
Fan

Guest Appearances

Post by willowwood »

We all know that TJ, has had guest appearances in a vast amount of different TV shows, Angel, 24, Nip/Tuck, Cold Case, Huff and Without a Trace just to name a few, and even if your not sure of the extent of this list well then you can always check it out over on his IMDB profile here. Like I think it was Eric Millegan said TJ's the guy who's practically been in everything lol. So after having gleefully stumbled across his episode of Without a Trace this morning, and then finally gotten around to watching his episode of Cold Case, not to mention all of the other piece of his work that I've thankfully managed to find and treasure. I thought it was only right for there to be an appropriate thread.

So what pieces of his guest appearance work have you watched? Even if you haven't watched the whole episodes then what clips from the 'videos' section of the site did you enjoy? Hey which ones did you miss? After all there are quite a few BtVS and AtS fans on here, did you realise the first time you watched Life of the Party that it was actually TJ leading that conga line?

Come on guys after all Bones isn't the only thing he's done.
word count: 224
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

Billy W
Fan

Re: Guest Appearances

Post by Billy W »

Hi there... I am new to this site... I found it by checking out the posts about T.J. and Hodgins on the Bones site. One of the funniest roles I have seen T.J. in is his character in "How High" Lots of people I know have actually seen that movie and thought T.J. was hilarious too. I think T.J. has lots of potential and I hope to see him in the "Big Lights" soon. He's definitely a great actor with a broad variety of skills. Looks like his fans are growing too. I'm glad to be one of them. Billy W
word count: 107

Callieach
Fan

Post by Callieach »

Oh, man, Will, you're making me want to dig out my CSI DVDs and watch 'Paper or Plastic?'. Or go hunt down some of those other series and watch all the episodes, starting with his.
And I remember this one time where I watched all of 'Something's Got To Give' (really not my type of movie) just for TJ's one meesly line ("So do you want to order or...?" to Keanu Reeve's character). Thank God I had nothing better to do that day.
word count: 87
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Billy W!

I'm sorry to say, I haven't yet seen "How High" but I have heard many say that TJ is very funny in it. I should really look for it at my local video store, so I can see for myself.

I think you'll find many here who agree with you re: TJ's skills as an actor. He's talented and versatile, no question. :D

Please stop by anytime and let us know more about what you think of TJ's work and anything else you'd like to share. Welcome to the forums!
word count: 99

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

"What Women Want"! His line to Mel: "That was inspiring!" Very cute!
I love the movie "Something´s Gotta Give"! I really like Keanu! Of course TJ´s line was really short and I couldn´t remember him being in this movie. But I have it on DVD and a friend of mine and me watched it again to find TJ in it! Was really fun! :)
Simone
word count: 67
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Billy W wrote:Hi there... I am new to this site... I found it by checking out the posts about T.J. and Hodgins on the Bones site. One of the funniest roles I have seen T.J. in is his character in "How High" Lots of people I know have actually seen that movie and thought T.J. was hilarious too. I think T.J. has lots of potential and I hope to see him in the "Big Lights" soon. He's definitely a great actor with a broad variety of skills. Looks like his fans are growing too. I'm glad to be one of them. Billy W
Billy, hi! Are you by any chance the Billy I've talked to on the Fox site (I'm lessa63)? It's fantastic to see you here. Yes, TJ can be extremely funny, can't he, even in quite dramatic situations he has a wonderfully light comic touch. Never feels forced. Love that 'Friends' moment as Phoebe frets about giving birth!
word count: 171
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Wil, there are quite a few of TJ's roles that I have not had the pleasure of seeing yet. It's difficult with the TV guest spots because I don't watch some of those shows so I'd need to do a search to see when they'll rerun the episodes he's in. I've seen the Friends episode (heh, 'Doogie'), and I recall him from Angel, though I definitely haven't watched those episodes in a while -- need to pull out my DVDs so I can check out that conga line you mentioned! The memory alone amuses me already. :D

I've seen him in What Women Want (amazing how he can manage to be memorable with only one line, hat's off to TJ for that accomplishment), and I wanted to smack him upside the head for his role in Erin Brockovich (though I believe that may have been the intended reaction, for he was the 'enemy,' coming in as a young punk lawyer negotiating for the big bad Company Erin was fighting... therefore, good show, TJ... *GRIN*). I also saw Something's Gotta Give, but it's been so long, I can't remember his role in that one. I did like the movie, however, so I should watch it again sometime.

I liked the clips from Huff that are found in his video section. Really impressive. I'd like to see those scenes within the context of the show itself, but as they are separately, I was still riveted and it's because of TJ. He held my attention the entire time he was on screen. He really and truly has such a gift.

And I'd really like to see that 24 episode he was in. The clips from his video section are very exciting, and I want to know what happens to his poor character. Sheesh. What a cliffhanger!

Side note: I hope we get the chance to see his Theatre Junkies projects. Sounds like they're doing wonderfully well around the film festival circuit. Maybe they'll eventually be available for regular viewing?
word count: 352

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thats what Management have promised; I'll keep pushing!
word count: 9

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Calli! You’re telling me that you've not only seen TJ's ep of CSI? But you also own it? An episode I have yet to watch of his? Why have you not mentioned it before? Why have we not discussed this before?? o_0

Other than 'The Grinch' I actually haven't seen any of TJ's film roles (no matter how short they might be), well I've watched ‘Erin Brockovich’ but that was long before TJ was even a glimmer in my eye and so whilst I know the role he played, I can’t remember it at all. 'What Women Want' has been on our TV channels these past few months almost constantly and yet I’m still yet to catch it, surprisingly it's not easy to convince my Dad to watch a film for some guy he has no interest in and who's only gonna say one line throughout the entire thing *rolls eyes* and they same they love me Pfft!..........as for 'Something's Gotta Give' I don't think I’ve even seen that at all, in fact I'm pretty sure I haven't.

I personally adored his clips from Huff, and have seen them both on the site and as part of the episodes (he actually features in 3 different ones). They floor me every time I watch them, just how complex the character is, and how well TJ portrays it really does astound me, and in the context of the show I was actually disappointed when I watched the last one he was in and realised that they hadn't actually closed his story line a well as they possibly could have and yet he wouldn’t be in it again. Although that last scene, where he breaks down and tells Huff everything brings a tear to my eye every time, and I just wanna pull him into a hug and never let go.

I've also seen his episode of '24' and yet again TJ does a remarkable job, his role is very inspiring as he plays a loving husband, who whilst willing to help the FBI as much as he possible can is ultimately concerned for his wife’s safety, and of course TJ playing the concerned husband gives us some of those lovey-dovey-puppy-eyes that we all know makes us melt =D =D. It's definitely a must see, and in my opinion can perfectly stand as a single episode and doesn't require you to have any knowledge of the show or what's taken place previously as that is what I did; I watched the episode purely for the fact that TJ was in it and nothing more.

Recently I’ve been looking for his episodes of ‘Walker Texas Ranger’ after reading an interview where TJ discussed his role in that, it plays one on of our random channels at a stupid time every night and yet I’m still yet to catch it.....Has anybody else seen him in that show?

Also I highly recommend you guys track down and watch TJ’s episode of ‘Cold Case’ yet again it is another, brilliant display of acting and rather refreshing to see TJ looking fresh faced, young, and professing his love to a forty year old guy.....Trust me it’s wonderful, and as always TJ plays the over caring, nervous guy so perfectly....and then of course there is ‘Without a Trace’...hey when I get in to an actor I get into them ok? And will not stop until I have watched everything they have been in, to be brief his role in WoaT is completely adorkable. Want to know anything else, ask away.....
word count: 626
Wil xxx

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Hey Guys!.....again :)

Just thought I'd let you know that I received a link to this video in my daily TJ-Google-Alerts. It's a video of his NCIS episode "One Shot, One Kill" (episode 1.13), unfortunately it doesn't seem to be wanting to play on my comp, but that could easily be due to my connection or something. So I figured I’d post it here for you guys to check out and see if it works for any of you....let me know if you do, and if there's a trick to stop it loading over and over without actually playing. I've actually watched this episode before purely by chance, I happened to have the channel it was on, on my TV whilst I was doing my usual playing around on the net last January and didn't really play much attention to it until a voice I clearly recognised captured my attention and naturally then I was riveted :D. Nevertheless I'd love to able to watch it again, so as I’ve already said if you manage to get it working...let me know.
word count: 193
Wil xxx

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

is it just me or everytime I look at a new clip I get a sense of deja vu...especially watching shows like early edition and friends and well all of those commercials...It makes me realize that even seeing them then I knew there was something special about that actor...and I was right! he is undescribable really...haha well just sharing my sense of deja vu and enlightenment for the day... ciao loves <3
word count: 76

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I admit that my TJ interest came purely from Bones, but then the clips here energised me to look elsewhere. I really must go pick up some more DVDs. I do wish I'd seen the commercials when they came out - we don't get to view US ads on the channels I receive!
word count: 54

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

can anybody tell me exactly in which part does TJ appears in 'Something's gotta give'?? I'm watching it right now on TNT and they'll keep on showing it all week so it's my chance to see him! Though the first time I saw It i didn't noticed him because I didn't know he was in it and most important I didn't knew him. hehe.. :mrgreen: thanks in advance!
word count: 74
~ s o f i

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

He's a waiter in it. I think. I saw and enjoyed this film sometime last year on telly but I didn't know he was in it at the time so I missed him, as often happens with these smaller roles.

Really must watch it again.
word count: 47

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

sofilps wrote:can anybody tell me exactly in which part does TJ appears in 'Something's gotta give'??
He's about 40 minutes in; Keanu Reeves is at the restaurant waiting for Diane Keaton and TJ is his waiter.

We were clicking on Saturday and caught him on Erin Brockovich *and* How High, so it was a 'TJ on TV' collision. Fun fun!
word count: 63
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

and hes on today in a movie...if you go to imdb and type in his name it shows what he will appear in next and what channel its on...I just know I am very upset I dont get that channel...tear! :( but there is always bones :wink:
word count: 48

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I didn't know you could do that - and I can't find it! Where would you go on imdb for that? I've only ever been there for biographical and filmography details (not that it's going to make that much difference to me, I bet it doesn't list UK channel references!).
word count: 54

sofilps
Super Fan

Post by sofilps »

Thanks guys! I'll definitely be aware of that scene next time. :)
word count: 12
~ s o f i

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

ThyneAlone wrote:I didn't know you could do that - and I can't find it! Where would you go on imdb for that? I've only ever been there for biographical and filmography details (not that it's going to make that much difference to me, I bet it doesn't list UK channel references!).
It doesn't list UK channels you are correct. But the list for appearances is right under alternate names. So if you go to TJ's page, it lists Date of Birth, Mini Biography, Trivia, alternate names, then US TV schedule and tells what is coming up with TJ in it. Tonight it says:

Sun. Feb. 24 4:30 PM COMEDY How High
Mon. Feb. 25 12:30 AM TVLAND Just Shoot Me Slamming Jack #5.8

And then if I click on more I get:
Sun. Feb. 24 4:30 PM COMEDY How High
Mon. Feb. 25 12:30 AM TVLAND Just Shoot Me Slamming Jack #5.8
Tue. Feb. 26 1:00 AM OXYGEN Ghost World
Tue. Feb. 26 10:00 PM TNT Bones A Boy in a Bush #1.5
Wed. Feb. 27 4:00 PM MyNetwork Half & Half The Big Birth-Quake Episode #2.4
Thur. Feb. 28 2:00 AM TNT Without a Trace Light Years #3.3
Thur. Feb. 28 5:00 PM TNT Charmed Once in a Blue Moon #7.6
Fri. Feb. 29 8:00 PM Fox Bones The Woman in the Car #1.11

Those times are all Eastern time so 5 hours off for you in England, not that it matters unless you pick up US TV broadcasts. ;)

Sharon
word count: 275
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Nope. Nothing under alternative names, it goes straight on to Filmography. Perhaps they only show it for relevant schedule areas!
word count: 20