Guest Appearances

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Guest Appearances

Post by kayleigh_marie »

cutenebula wrote:If I can ad a suggestion: I had a lot of fun watching My Wife and Kids ep "Silence is Golden" ;)
You can't miss TJ in this one ;)
Is that the one where Michael and Janet go to that like, nature camp and he tries to pay TJs character to let him sleep in the same cabin as his wife?
I don't really watch the show that often, but I did see that episode and it was hilarious.
word count: 82
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

cutenebula
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by cutenebula »

YES, this one indeed :D It was really hilarious and I'm laughing everytime I see it (^_^) :lol: :lol:
word count: 16
The waffle conspiracy...

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Haha, yeah. I think I've seen it a couple times, it is pretty hilarious.
:lol:
PS I was just browsing through the smileys.. Haha. They're interesting.
word count: 27
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

ltolman
Fan

Post by ltolman »

The year is 1999; IMDB didnt list his appearance which I was shocked; but then again it occured to me that this specific TV show is extremely hard to find (buy). Thankfully I did a quick search on the net and found a link so you all can enjoy. LOL hes so funny in this; remember its 1999.

Keanan and Kel-the Nickelodeon comedy show. Season 3 Episode 11 called "Freezer Burned"

I really recommend watching the whole thing but if you must must skip ahead; he enters about 14:15 (Fourteen minutes/15seconds). I think this is my favorite episode.

Here is the direct link to the show

http://www.bigvidpro.com/?v=X1urb0v3TqM5S95Be0Nbvw

But in case that dont work; heres a link to the Keanan and Kel page

http://tv.blinkx.com/show/kenan-kel/xtL ... wRdg#s3e11

Let me know what you think of his appearance in this :)

PS I believe his last lines/appearance ends at 21:35
word count: 162

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

I read through the older posts before replying. I thought I recognized those blue eyes from somewhere with these movies I've seen!

Something's Gotta Give
Heartbreakers
What Women Want (I'll take TJ over Mel any day!)
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Erin Brockovich

I'll add the others to my Netflix queue. So as to not waste my time watching all the other TV shows' seasons, could any of you pinpoint the seasons I need for these shows in order to see TJ? For example, Eric Balfour played Milo Pressman in season 6 of 24, so that's the only season I care about. Thanks.
word count: 108

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Best thing to do if you want just a specific season/episode is to go to imdb.com and look up TJ Thyne. They tell you ALL his appearances in the other shows and the episode name. If you click on the episode name it will tell you the season/episode number usually next to the Original airdate. :)

Sharon
word count: 59
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hi, Kelly!

Thought I'd butt in and help answer your questions. :D

According to imdb, these are some of the episodes he's been in for various TV shows:

Home Improvement - "Desperately Seeking Willow" Season 7, Episode 19

The Wayans Brothers - "Six Degrees of Marlon" Season 5, Episode 2

Friends - "The Onehundredth" Season 5, Episode 3

Becker - "Lucky Day" Season 1, Episode 21

Early Edition - "Performance Anxiety" Season 4, Episode 14

Walker, Texas Ranger - Season 9, Episodes 5, 6, 7, and 8

Just Shoot Me - "Slamming Jack" Season 5, Episode 8

Dharma & Greg - Season 2, Episode 10 and Season 5, Episode 14 (interestingly enough, he apparently plays two different characters, one for Season 2 and then comes back in Season 5 to play someone entirely different)

Fastlane - "Ray Ray" Season 1, Episode 6

Good Morning, Miami - "Good Morning, Manhattan" Season 2, Episode 2

Angel - Season 5, Episodes 1, 5, and 12

NCIS - "One Shot, One Kill" Season 1, Episode 13

CSI - "Paper or plastic" Season 4, Episode 14

Cold Case - "Greed" Season 1, Episode 20

Nip/Tuck - "Trudy Nye" Season 2, Episode 14

Without A Trace - "Light Years" Season 3, Episode 3

Boston Legal - "Truth Be Told" Season 1, Episode 6

Huff - Season 1, Episodes 4, 8, and 9

CSI: New York - "Tri-Borough" Season 1, Episode 11

24 - "Day 4: 11 pm - 12 am" Season 4, Episode 17

Holy crap! I didn't even scratch the surface of all the TV he's done. If you click on the imdb (Internet Movie Database) link I provided, you'll see there's so much more I didn't include here.

Wow, TJ. You have been a very busy man. I can't believe how many different shows you've been on. That's incredibly cool. :D

Anyway, Kelly... that should keep you busy for a while. :lol: I haven't seen all of these, but the Friends episode is funny, the 24 episode is intense, he's cute on NCIS, and he's AMAZING in those episodes of Huff. Definitely check out whatever you can, and let us know what you think! :dance:
word count: 350
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Or, you know, what Sharon said. :doh: :shifty: :mrgreen:
word count: 6

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

A big thank you to Sharon and Sinkwater. You two are wonderful! I agree that TJ has been a busy beaver. I haven't even heard of some of the shows he was on. I'm in luck with Fastlane, though. I own the box set. I just haven't watched it because I'm a collector of Tiffani Thiessen's work. I'll study imbd.com and add to my Netflix queue accordingly. I'll keep you posted as I watch everything. That way, this thread will definitely stay active.
word count: 91

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I hope you've already watched the clips on the main site, Kelly? :)
word count: 13
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

ThyneAlone - No, I haven't. I will, though. Thank you for the suggestion.
word count: 13

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Hi Steph. I watched the clips yesterday afternoon and last night. I not only watched them and reacted, but I took note of those reactions. I privately e-mailed Sharon and she said to post my reactions on here. So, here it goes:

Huff - Never heard of the show, but in a way I'm glad I haven't. This is a show about a psychologist and since I've been a patient, this show would have hit home with each episode. TJ's episode was wonderful. He grasped the concept of what these patients go through and portrayed it well. I don't know if this episode was intended to make people laugh, but I didn't. This is a serious situation. On a lighter note, I would gladly have kissed TJ's character on the lips.

TJ Thyne in VISA Spot - This made me laugh at the end and exclaim, "That was cool!" I thought, "What man (or machine) wouldn't get steamy over that chick?"

Chevy - I just laughed.

Coca-Cola - Out of all them, this is my favorite. Very good eye candy and I didn't see Patrick in TJ at all. That's a very good thing with my recovery.

Hollywood - TJ blowing up was awesome; not that I enjoyed seeing him get blown up, but I like explosions.

Ford - This one brought back memories from my car accidents. I would be worried about the car and my parents would tell me that the car could be replaced; I couldn't.

Stone Cold - I assumed by the title that I'd see Stone Cold Steve Austin, but I saw Goldberg instead. I wasn't disappointed, though, because I like both wrestlers.

Ghost World – How ironic that he is going for the same academia as I am right now.

TJ Bones 1 & 2 - I recognized 6 episodes. Since I’m not done with Season 1, I’m sure I’ll recognize more soon.

CSI – The part where he says that he has to change his pants is funny. It’s understandable, though. Like with the Huff episode, a traumatic experience can surely make someone soil their pants. I know the medical term for this, but I don’t want to go all Dr. Brennan or Zack Addy on you all.

Friends – I’ve seen this episode before on television, but it didn’t register at the time that I was watching TJ.

Bones that Foam interview – I love watching actors being interviewed. It separates them from their character. I am so glad that he and David get along so well and take their roles so seriously that they are constantly considering different angles to play them.

Kat Deley Interview – Hilarious! His nervousness and teenage-celebrity reaction to her was amazing! The Hamlet recitation was awesome!
word count: 469

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

OMG, how did I not remember that was TJ in the Chevy commercial?! :laughing-rollingred: :laughing-rollingyellow:

I thought the Cat Deeley interview was great. She's my favorite of the host/hostess types.
word count: 30
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

Yeah, Ang. Did my reactions prompt you to re-watch them? I know I could watch some of them over and over again.

Hey everyone, I just finished watching How High on Netflix. It is one of those Instant movies available. TJ playing Gerald was hilarious! I rated the movie 3 stars because if it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have liked it at all. Let's just say that I don't really care for a movie when I start cleaning my apartment during scenes that bore me. As TJ became more involved, the more I watched. It was nice seeing Lark Voorhies again, though. I haven't seen her since SBTB.
word count: 115

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Actually, Kelly, just mentioning it to you reminded me to watch a number of them again! Great stuff! Newbies, don't just come to the forum, look at the whole site, we have some fab material out there.

Netflix sounds well worth a look when there's a UK version; I gather it's primed for this November and will be all-stream..
word count: 63
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Kelly
Fan

Post by Kelly »

That's great, Steph! I hope Netflix does go to the UK soon. Then you will be able to experience all that I am. By the way, I put The Human Contract and Ghost World as next in line to be delivered, so I will have to take a little hiatus from Bones and watch the movies that have been waiting for me to watch.
word count: 65

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Speaking of renting/buying shows and whatnot, does anyone know when they'll release the 5th season on DVD? I know it'll be a few months, but hopefully not too many..right?
word count: 33
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Dr.Valentine wrote:Speaking of renting/buying shows and whatnot, does anyone know when they'll release the 5th season on DVD? I know it'll be a few months, but hopefully not too many..right?
I'm not sure what region you are in, but i found this on wikipedia:
Release dates:
Region 1: October 5, 2010
Region 2: October 18, 2010
Region 4 TBA
word count: 66

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Wendy wrote:I'm not sure what region you are in, but i found this on wikipedia:
Release dates:
Region 4 TBA

Awww...My heart just cracked a little, October :( *sigh*..oii
word count: 42
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

boo
Fan

Post by boo »

Dr.Valentine wrote:
Wendy wrote:I'm not sure what region you are in, but i found this on wikipedia:
Release dates:
Region 4 TBA

Awww...My heart just cracked a little, October :( *sigh*..oii
*pats* :romance-caress:
word count: 46
I demand another beetle. Jeff has a groin pull.