The Grinch???

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

The Grinch???

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I can't count the amount of times I have watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas.
Yet, not until I'd seen his filmography on IMDB did I know that TJ was in the film.

Granted, his face was... disfigured, haha. But I just thought it was funny.

I guess this was less of a discussion and more of a statement. Anyone else do the same thing?
word count: 67
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: The Grinch???

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I've actually never seen that movie. *ducks and hides* I have watched clips of TJ's work in the film, and they were very entertaining. However, one of my favorite childhood holiday-themed special films is the animated version of Grinch, the one where Boris Karloff narrates. As much as I enjoy Jim Carrey, I haven't wanted to alter the memory of my childhood with another interpretation. But I would watch it, to see TJ play a Whovian. (Heeeeeeee.) Did he sing the "Fahoo fores dahoo dores, Welcome Christmas" tune? It's not Grinch without that! :D
word count: 98

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I don't even remember if that song is in the movie Grinch. I saw the movie once, not something I want to repeat....I'll stick with the animated version, its more my kind of thing. I didn't know who TJ was when I saw the film but of course since then I've gone back and watched just the TJ parts.
word count: 64
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

The TJ parts of any show are always some of the best. Seriously, no joking around. :D

What? :shifty: I'm not in any way biased. :mrgreen:
word count: 24

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yes, definitely TJ's parts are the best. :D :D :D :shock: :lol: :? Sorry just how I read it.... Bad Sharon :oops:
word count: 16
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

BAH HAHAHAHHAHAAA

Sharon! :naughty: You naughty little monkey.

I didn't meeeeean it that way, but now that you mention it... the parts we've seen are mighty fine. ;)

*ahem*

You are a bad influence on me. *laughs uproariously*
word count: 38

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

I now return to being the serious site admin that I should be. :whistle:
word count: 14

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Let me know what that happens, because that will be a sight to see...

BHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :laughing-rollingred:

Just kidding, Sharon. Love you, kisses!
:romance-smileyheart:
word count: 21

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

I'm pretty sure they do sing that song, I don't know why I haven't been back to this board.. I mean I did create it.
I'd recommend the movie, I did prefer it to the cartoon. But I think it's just because the cartoon movie (along with the christmas clay-mation movies) kinda gave me the heeby-jeebies. :shhh:
I really can't count the amount of time I've seen that movie. I absolutely adore Jim Carrey.
and TJ of course. I was talking to my sister today, and she couldn't remember his name, and was like "that really cute guy that plays Hodgins with the piercing blue eyes." I about died, I was laughing so hard.
Back to the topic, TJ falls down a mountain in the movie =x.
word count: 136

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Matters of taste. I like the Book! And I've not seen the animation but I hate Jim Carrey (sorry Kayleigh - just get irritated with all that hyperness - but I was almost converted by Truman). Hence I compromise by watching the whole thing only at Christmas. It's in honoured company, with It's A Wonderful Life. That's my main Yuletide treat. I love that if you look carefully Stu Lou Who does look like our man. Just heavily disguised. However long did the makeup and prosthetics take? Ah, good post for the Q&A thread!! :)
word count: 97
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sure is a matter of taste. I saw the movie in the theater and wasn't thrilled with it. I love love love the animated one though, but I grew up watching that one, the movie came well into adulthood and I'm kind of the same way as you are about Jim Carrey, Steph (though I did love the movie The Majestic..not many others did though LOL). So I just don't watch it. No big deal that we don't agree on the movie, bet there are lots of others we wouldn't agree on either! HEE.
word count: 100

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

I'm not overly fond of the movie version of the Grinch, either. I still LOVE the animated version, but not even the presence of our beloved TJ will prompt me to purchase or even rewatch the accursed live-action fiasco. :P Sorry, TJ. I don't particularly loathe Jim Carrey - I can actually tolerate his humor in small doses sometimes, but I just didn't like the retake on one of my favorite childhood stories. As for Mr.Carrey's other works, I found "The Number 23" quite engrossing, (not that I'd watch it again...too creepy), but, of course, he wasn't trying to be obnoxiously juvenile in that one.
word count: 112
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by kayleigh_marie »

Haha, no it's not a problem, I'm one of few that really enjoy him.
I definitely understand what you mean. He is very obnoxious, and could be exceptionally off-putting to many people.
I thought The Number 23 was really disturbing, but I live for those types of movies. :lol:
An, yeah, I guess I wouldn't want to ruin childhood memories with a re-make, especially from someone I loathe. Haha.
word count: 73

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Interesting, I never really thought of Jim Carey as "off-putting", but now I see what you mean..I kinda liked him in The Number 23 though, I thought it was a good "growing" movie for him, considering it wasn't a comedy. BUT! Back to TJ haha..

I don't remember where, exactly, but I read TJ's comments on his time working "The Grinch". Apparently, he really REALLY enjoyed working with J.C., and hopes to do it again(at least back then he hoped..?) I wonder if he liked his makeup though haha, that must have been annoyyyyying!
word count: 101
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Now see.. I liked the movie.
Maybe thats cos Im a little in love with Dr Seuss.. (Green eggs n ham and the Sneetches are my favourites)
.. and also maybe because I work with small children and so it is on the list of christmas movies we must watch often.

anywho.. this all adds up to owning the dvd (it was $5!)

Of course the first gazillion times i watched it I had no idea about TJ - but post-bones-awakening, its a little hard to miss him!

and I MUST suggest that you get your hands on a copy and watch the extras - particularly the one where they talk about the acrobatics and movement stuff.. Tj walking (waddling?) around in a body suit (I would say fat suit, but its more like a fat butt suit).

Amusing to say the least.

:whistle:

Llama
word count: 144

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

llamalah wrote:Tj walking (waddling?) around in a body suit (I would say fat suit, but its more like a fat butt suit).

Ahhh! That sounds FANTABULISTICULOUS!!!
word count: 27
"Work hard, and love the work and the 'work' becomes nothing other than the love." - TJ Thyne

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

Its now the weekend.. so I'll attempt to see if I can somehow upload it.
I think I have the right software for such things.
but I promise nothing!
word count: 30

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Hey Llama, if you find it, please fill me in as to how haha..
word count: 14

Dr.Valentine
Super Fan

Post by Dr.Valentine »

Ba ha! I FOUND it!!!

lol, I searched youtube and found the part where TJ was in a fat suit hahahahahahahahaha...just search "how the grinch stole christmas dvd who school" (that's a lot longer than what I thought haha)

You'll laugh your butt off :D
word count: 47

llamalah
Fan

Post by llamalah »

LOL Yay thats the one!!
Glad you found it already online.
Saves me a bit of work to get it uploaded.

Llama
word count: 22