My Shuffle adventure

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

My Shuffle adventure

Post by skftex »

Okay. So sorry this has taken so long to get written, but here it is. My how I met the wonderful TJ Thyne. :)

Steph I'm putting it here because I think it fits better than in the Welcome section? I don't know...I just didn't want to put it with the questions because it is more noticeable as a new thread. :)

And..here we go!!!

Not sure you all want to hear this part, I told Sherry it might be boring, but when I was in the airport in Phoenix, where I had a two hour layover, I got a text that said…”Tonight we meet! Safe flight lovely lady!!!” No clue if that is boring to you but it wasn’t to me. HAHAHA Then he told me to meet him in the lobby at 8:45 pm and the film starts promptly at 9. Which it didn’t. HEE HEE

So, was in LA, Joey and Crystal are taking me to the theater that night, we were driving to get something to eat-they took me to Pinks which is a really famous hot dog place. On the way there I got another text that said “Welcome to Los Angeles Lovely Sharon!!!” (He likes exclamation points). Anyway, we went to Pinks and I’m sure it tasted good but I honestly was REALLY, REALLY nervous by that time so I can’t say I know for sure. My stomach was jumping all over the place. It was 7:45 or so, so only an hour to go. Then they took me to the theater, I got out and there was a really long line of people to get in. And they were taking tickets at the door. I was confused, because I was supposed to meet TJ in the lobby and I couldn’t get in without a ticket...and he had my ticket. So I stood there for a bit, when I heard someone ask the guy about a movie and he told them they had to go around to the “main lobby”. I was thinking, wow there is a MAIN LOBBY. That is probably where I should be! So off I go, following the strangers to find the main lobby. HEE HEE. I got around to the main lobby and went inside but no sign of TJ, I was a bit early…so I’m looking around and outside there is a few people around this guy who looked really familiar ;) so I went outside and was standing there while he was talking to people and taking pictures and signing autographs. While I was standing there a woman came up and asked me if I wanted a ticket to his movie, and I told her no, he has my ticket but he just doesn’t know it. She looked so confused. It amused me greatly. Then he finished signing and taking pictures and started to walk by me really quickly, and I said, “TJ…” and he turned, thinking I was another autograph seeker I think. And I said, “Hi, I’m Sharon…” and he said “SHARON!” then I got squished. Hard. For a really, really long time. LOL And then he kept saying, “Oh, you made it!”. :D Then I told him, that he was walking really fast and I really wasn’t going to ask him for an autograph, to which he said, “I was thinking, I need to go find Sharon!” HAHAHA He’s so smooth. ;)

Anyway, then we went in to the theater and everyone was staring at us, but we went up to a guy and TJ introduced me to him but I don’t remember his name! Something Kenny? Kenny something? LOL And that guy took pictures of me and TJ together. 3 times. I have no idea what those pictures look like…didn’t get to see them. And then we are standing there and TJ introduced me to Scarlett Lam, who hugged me and off she went. I think I know why she is friends with TJ. All over the place! ;) Then I turn around and the guy that had taken our picture tells me and TJ that he is filming us now. So TJ goes into actors mode, telling that this was the first time we’ve met after 5 years…(pauses because crazy woman beside him whispers 3 years)…3 years of working together. Camera guy says really? First time? And then I have NO idea when he stopped filming, I met a woman named Melissa sometime around this point. I will admit, it all was going so FAST that I can’t tell you how crazy it was. LOL Oh and I had asked him if some point in the evening I could get a picture with my camera, and he said, let’s do it now, just to be sure. So Melissa gets the honor of taking the picture. Only I blinked in the first one (which was horrible and I deleted LOL), then she took another. I'm not so happy with this one either LOL Here it is:

And then TJ says, wait, take one more…and this is what he did:

By the way, he told me he was gonna do it and I said “Noooooooooooooooooooooo”, just like that, and he laughed and said yes and did it anyway. LOL I’m insane I know. And my camera has a red eye reducer on it so you have no idea how long we were standing there like that. LOL It was torture! ;) :icon-eek:

Anyway, he apologized that we were not going to have time to have a conversation; I told him I knew that and it was fine, I didn’t expect it. And then he was gone. About five minutes later he came back and gave me my ticket and was gone again. I was standing there talking to Melissa still, and a few minutes later he pops up again and tells her “Hahahaha your ticket is funky but it should work” and off he went again. Her ticket was funky, with a lot of odd characters. So we are standing there and these two women came up, they knew Melissa so she hugs them and introduces them to me..I have no clue who they were, don’t remember at all, but there was also a man with them, and Melissa introduced me to him and says his name is John. And John reaches out to take my hand, but then he decided he was going to hug me too (he hugged all the others). So that is how I met TJ’s Dad, and got hugged by him. So I was hugged by two Thyne men in one night-not sure if I can handle that. TJ doesn’t know I met his Dad. I need to tell him that, and that he hugged me. :D Really nice man, TJ does look like him, his Dad has the blue blue eyes. Oh, I did forget to mention, when meeting TJ, you definitely notice the eyes. Looking at you. HUGE. VERY BLUE. EYES. :o

Okay, so yeah, I was there to see a movie. I’ll tell you a little about it but I am NOT going to spoil it for anyone. Even if you want spoilers, I think it is very, very important that you do not know going in, I think it matters. The credits were cool. The music for the film is really good, composed and conducted by Kurt Kuenne. I think if they offer the music I’ll get it, I really liked it. The movie, it is about Lovell Milo, who is living his life out of order, and then he is told he was given a gift, and that someone is in trouble and he needs to save them and to “Pay attention, dummy”. So he does. And I was so sure he was going to figure it out, and it’d be all happy and you know what? The movie does end kind of happy but the reason he is living his life out of order is so cool! And I thought I had figured things out but I knew nothing. :D That is all I’m going to say. When the movie ended everyone clapped really loudly for everyone. And then they introduced Kurt Kuenne so they could do the Q&A. And he asked TJ and Paula Rhodes to come down. Paula plays Lovell’s wife in the movie. :)

I honestly cannot remember a lot of what was asked, there wasn’t a lot, it only lasted 10 minutes or so. Someone did ask about distribution because they said they loved the movie, and hoped everyone could see it, and Kurt said that if they can get it into enough festivals, and it does well, they are hoping to get it out there by May of 2012. So everyone keep your fingers crossed. And if it shows up at a festival near you, or sort of near you, GO SEE IT! :D Please. They asked TJ & Paula about which scenes were shot first, for Paula it was a Christmas scene, for TJ it was a scene in a car (there are several, not sure which one LOL). I really, really wish I’d remembered at this point that I can FILM on my camera, because I would have filmed it rather than just take photos. Which by the way, I’m going to load on the gallery in a SHUFFLE folder. So if you want to see the Q&A photos go there.

So after it was over a lot of people went to talk to TJ so I went outside into the hallway and was waiting for him to come out so I could say goodbye. I couldn’t stick around because my wonderfully sweet friends had just spent the last 2 hours wandering around Hollywood while I was watching the movie, so I didn’t want them to have to wait longer. Plus we had an hour drive to do to get back to their apartment. Anyway, TJ didn’t come out so I finally went to find him to tell him goodbye. I told him I had to go…I got squished again, and another kiss on the cheek and a promise that SOMEDAY we will get to sit down and talk. And that this was just one of many, many meetings. LOL And then I stepped on his foot. HAHAHA. And we hugged again and I left. :)

Saturday afternoon I got a text asking me if I was home yet, but I was still in LA at the time. So I told him no, but made sure he made it to Indianapolis okay, and he said he did. :) And that is the end of my Shuffle adventure. :D :D :D
word count: 1817
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: My Shuffle adventure

Post by skftex »

Back to my normal pink now. Didn't want to torture you with it on that long post. LOL Anyway, I'm really sorry for the lack of pictures, there just wasn't a lot of opportunity for it. And the Q & A photos all were looking about the same so I only have those 4, since two of them were so blurry there was no point in posting them. Anyway, they are up in the Gallery now. Sorry they are orange-y, it was the lighting in the theater.
word count: 90
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Best adventure ever, Sharon. Definitely not boring to read! :D

And I think the picture where he kisses you on the cheek is the best one. You look so adorable, laughing and smiling like that, and you know, it's TJ, kissing you on the cheek, so... what's not to love about that? :text-woo:

I hope you get many more meetings with the marvelous Mr. Thyne, and have lovely, lengthy conversations. And I hope the film gets a distributor ASAP so we can all see this film. It seems fascinating!

Thanks for sharing this with us.

P.S. You didn't tell me you stepped on his foot. :icon-mrgreen: LOL.
word count: 108
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I like that picture best too. Wonder why? LOL But actually I was pleased with it because I know that I kind of did this thing with my face when he leaned in to do that and was so glad that she didn't take the picture at that time. HAHAHAHA
word count: 51

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

So cool. Sounds like it was totally crazy & fun. I love the pic of him kissing you. Too cute. :D
word count: 19
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

:text-woo: Okay it's 6.37 am here in DK and I just finished reading it - LOVED it :handgestures-thumbupright: (and no, sharon.. Not gonna miss my train :D)

That was a thrill to read, loved it! Found myself laughing during it and squelling for that matter.. You really get a sense that you had an amazing time.

Getting hugged by TJ several times (and his dad! ) and getting a kiss on the cheek like that, wouldn't say no to that AT ALL! Love the pictures.. and DAMN he looks good! and you look adorable :-)

Couldn't help myself giggling when you corrected him on how long you've been working together and that you stepped on his feet. :laughing-rolling:

I also hope that you'll get many more meetings with Mr. Thyne and time to really talk. Like I've said to Steph, you guys truly deserved this chance.. You put so much time and effort with the site :greetings-clappingyellow: :text-woo:

Another thing, your meeting with TJ Sharon, has made me believe that anything is possible :-)

Thanks for sharing, sweetie.. That was a really a great thing to wake up to.. (HUGS)
word count: 187

~*Ali*~
Super Fan

Post by ~*Ali*~ »

Firstly I’m so happy that you got to meet TJ. Your recount is awesome and I’m really hoping that Shuffle comes to the next Byron Film Festival! Your photo’s are so nice and I have to say am shocked that TJ is taller than I thought. I also think if there is ever a mass meet and great I’m so there! Cheers for sharing Sharon
Ali :greetings-clappingyellow:

And then TJ says, wait, take one more…and this is what he did:

Ps I think your cheerleader has had to many red bulls lol :happy-cheerleaderkid:
PPs Have you washed your cheek yet? LOL :romance-heartstiny: :text-woo:
word count: 104

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Just going to say amaaaaaazing, what a moment to wake up to, thanks so much Sharon! I'll have to read it a few more times to get more vicarious thrills. But yes, the next aim must be to actually talk to him.

Told you it'd be fine when it actually happened. He's so lovely that you'd have felt at ease even if you had been a squealy litle fan girl *throat clear* which you're not of course.

And you know what? STILL not as long as a Sherry classic.....
word count: 94
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Hey! :eusa-snooty:

I resemble that remark. :icon-mrgreen:
word count: 5

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Ah, you don't resent it then. ;)
word count: 7
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

FishFlyingBy
Fan

Post by FishFlyingBy »

Thank you so much for sharing this with us Sharon. The pictures of you two are so cute.

I would have liked to see that woman's face, when you told her that TJ had your tickets :icon-lol:

Next time we'll buy you a gigantic handbag so that you can carry all of us with you and we can secretly be there too :handgestures-thumbup: :wink:
word count: 63

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

FishFlyingBy wrote:Next time we'll buy you a gigantic handbag so that you can carry all of us with you and we can secretly be there too :handgestures-thumbup: :wink:
I like this idea. :D
word count: 32
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

By the way, he told me he was gonna do it and I said “Noooooooooooooooooooooo”, just like that, and he laughed and said yes and did it anyway. LOL I’m insane I know. And my camera has a red eye reducer on it so you have no idea how long we were standing there like that. LOL It was torture! ;) :icon-eek:
Yes, yes, you are insane. :eusa-doh: :roll:

Happy for you, thank you for sharing all the details!!
word count: 76
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I knew that before I ever met TJ. LOL

I think I'll have to hire someone to carry my bag if you all get in it! And pay a lot of money to get it on the plane!
word count: 39

Elena_CanaryIsland
Fan

Post by Elena_CanaryIsland »

Well.... I know I just say to you that I hate you for this, but I really don´t feel so (well, just a little... agt! I´m confused! :angry-banghead: )

No, seriously, I love the pic of the kiss!!! :happy-bouncyblue: :happy-wavemulticolor: :D :D :D :D :D

It´s sooooooooooooooooooo sweet!!! AAHHH!

I have to ask you one question: can you adopt me? I´m a little grown up, but I´m a brilliant daughter :D and, hey! you can adopt me only for this kind of circumstances! it would be cheaper, and I´d appreciate it! everybody wins with the deal. Think about it :wink: I wait :wink: ....not to much time, but I wait... :icon-biggrin:
word count: 104

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl: So cool! Thank you for posting your adventures Sharon. It was great to read and as Hanne said: i was laughing along some bits of it.

Thank you so much for sharing.
word count: 32

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Sharon, your story is so awesome!! Hopefully all of us TJ fans will get to meet him one day. He seems so sweet! And those eyes.....aahhh. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 27
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks Kathy! In case you were wondering, TJ had invited me to see Shuffle in Hollywood that is why I was there. I don't think I mentioned that in the story because most people here knew it already. LOL Doesn't seem like it was almost a year ago though!! Wow. I need to get rich so I can go back and see him again! HAHAHAHA

I would love for you all to get to meet TJ. That'd be awesome! :happy-cheerleaderkid:
word count: 82

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I kind of figured that. So awesome to be personally invited, I'm super jealous, green with envy, lol! :icon-mrgreen:
word count: 19
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

MarinaDuister
Fan

Post by MarinaDuister »

Seriously, I keep wondering: OMG how did you react to that, how did you react to that, how did you react to that.. but now mostly: HOW DID YOU REACT WHEN TJ INVITED YOU?!
word count: 34
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins