The Finder

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Interview with TJ about his appearance on The Finder

Post by skftex »

I haven't watched it (yet..I will even if it is about The Finder LOL) so no clue what he says.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN8LJUpyd5E
word count: 29
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: Interview with TJ about his appearance on The Finder

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I continue to admire and adore TJ. He's so positive and clearly enjoys what he does and respects those he works with enormously. I respect that. And I hope he gets to play and do all sorts of exciting and interesting things with Hodgins as a character, whether on Bones or The Finder.

But again, that's the issue for me. TJ's too nice a guy to say such a thing, and maybe he didn't mean it by the way he worded it, but to me the fact that he had to bug Hart to let him do anything drives me bonkers. Because TJ is so talented, and Hart could give him anything, no matter how small, and he would turn it into gold for his character.

So to me I don't understand.... I don't understand why Hart wouldn't want to take TJ's wonderful talents and just run with them, just give him TONS to do, tons of exciting, character-driven, emotional, intense work and just let TJ play. He would do amazing things with it, I know he would. Just look at what he's done on Bones already, especially in that episode he mentioned was one of his most favorites (and mine, and Sharon's, and so many other people's) -- "Aliens in a Spaceship." He was FANTASTIC. They all were.

So I truly, truly don't understand why this show -- that has proven to have the ability to be so beautifully balanced, character-driven and focused with such heart and drama and intensity -- has to be turned into this ball of fluff and overly silly comedy more often than not these days. Why? It's like they're dumbing it down for someone and I don't get why they would even WANT to do that. They could be so much more. They have been so much more.

Not everyone watches Bones just to see Booth and Brennan hook up and have a baby. I wish they'd consider the fact that lots of people enjoy the other characters too. Like HODGINS. I would watch the show forever and day if we could see TJ get to play more and explore more of his character -- whether it's his backstory or him as an individual character, a quirky scientist who has spent more time in a lab than out in the field, a brilliantly smart guy, and an intense man of integrity.

TJ's too talented to be given crumbs of brief chitchat and occasional sweet scenes with Michaela. He should have been given a lot more than this by now. If anything, his amazing scenework in "Aliens in a Spaceship" should have proven beyond the shadow of a doubt that he needs to be given more complex work to do, not less.

Okay, I swear I'm done ranting. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 480
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well Sherry, you'll be happy to know that Hart Hanson always planned on having Hodgins in The Finder, it was always just a matter of availability (TJ's availability) and getting the episode written. Though I do agree about wanting more interesting story lines for Hodgins, we still don't really get that, we get brief glimpses and nothing else.
word count: 61
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

skftex wrote:Though I do agree about wanting more interesting story lines for Hodgins, we still don't really get that, we get brief glimpses and nothing else.
That's what I just don't understand. He's proven himself to be so good at what he does, and shown that he can take a scene, any scene, and make it something interesting and provocative to watch, whether it's Hodgins getting all worked up about a Kennedy assassination conspiracy, or realizing that a girl's survival is down to whether or not he can identify a substance, or showing how in love he is with Angela even when she's unsure, or (shudders, remembering) when he's down to his potentially final hours of life, buried alive in a car with Brennan. Even the little subtle things like the way he'll lean in to Angela's hand on his face... he makes everything so interesting and meaningful.

For Hart to see him do work like that (especially in "Aliens in a Spaceship") and not think, "I've got to give this guy more to do!" it just baffles me, it really does. I would think they'd want their strongest performers to always have something powerful to do. It would be fun to write, and fascinating for viewers to watch.

What is the matter with these people? Why don't they see this?

Sometimes I want to ask Hart that question. If it would guarantee Tj getting more quality screen time, I would do it in a heartbeat. Because, frankly, we shouldn't be getting to know or see more depth in Hodgins on The Finder. We should be getting to see the complexities of his character on Bones.
word count: 291

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Honestly I don't think its Hart Hanson that keeps TJ from having bigger parts. There is a lot we don't know as far as what the network wants and I have a feeling that is part of it. Also, if you go looking around at a lot of the Bones forums, you'll see a lot of complaints when the main focus of any episode isn't on the Booth/Brennan relationship. I imagine that FOX hears a lot of that as well, and that might have a lot to do with it. I don't know, just guessing from things I've read/seen about other shows and shows having to please the execs as well. I honestly think Hart Hanson really likes TJ and knows what he can do, he just might not really have the option to give him more than he does.

However, if you REALLY want to ask Hart Hanson that, write to him and ask him. I've been told he reads all of his mail so maybe he'll respond. ;)
word count: 179

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

You have an address for him, Sharon? ;)

I don't think I will ever fully understand the intricacies of how television networks and shows are run. I just don't get why they have to work in such a small parameter sometimes. Try something different, people! Expand your view of what makes for interesting television! You can't go wrong with talented actors like Tj Thyne.

*sigh* :eusa-snooty:
word count: 67

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I imagine this would work since I've been told Building 1 is the production office for Bones.

Hart Hanson
c/o Bones
Building 1
10201 West Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035
word count: 33

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

The Finder

Post by SmackyKennedy »

:) Some sneak peeks of TJ's "The Finder" episode 2/23/12.

http://www.givememyremote.com/remote/20 ... green-men/

And I know it shouldn't matter, but long live the fro! :D
word count: 32
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Re: The Finder

Post by jade.stormcloud »

So, I just watched The Finder tonight because TJ's on it. I've really only got two comments.
1. Love those curls!
2. I get that he's all into the idea of aliens, but since when doesn't Hodgins believe in shadowy government and corporate coverups?
word count: 48
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

MarinaDuister
Fan

Re: The Finder

Post by MarinaDuister »

I remember watching 'Little green men', but I haven't seen the whole episode sadly :( I loved the connection conspiracy-conspiracy haha. Walter and Jack together and it's all chaos but super funny! I remember some kind of dog, and it was all confusing, might have been better if I got to see the whole episode :/
xx
word count: 58
"What about love? What do you have to say about love?" -Angela Montenegro
"It's overrated. Most of the time." -Jack Hodgins