Validation

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Validation

Post by ThyneAlone »

As far as I know, very few people who make a conscious habit of positivity towards others get it back. Sad but true. I see what you're saying about the ending, Jade, but it was intended to be feelgood and I get the same feeling here as I do from the resolution of 'It's a Wonderful Life', which is of course referenced in 'Validation', and is one of TJ's favourite films.
word count: 74
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Feelgood is good. I don't mind feelgood, or even cutesy, necessarily. It was mainly that as soon as she said she had a sick mom, I was thinking "oh, I bet it was that woman in the wheelchair, and him making her happy made the daughter happy." So, the "aha" moment seemed a little drawn out to me. I get that it may not be the same way for everyone, though. I still liked it a lot. I even put a link on my Facebook.
word count: 86
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

ah, gotcha.
Yes, strange serendipity. Though there is a lot you can wonder about if you think carefully, like exactly what was wrong with the mother?

But yes, the viewer gets the basic point and loves it anyway. And I adore it visually too, all that b/w and Expressionust angles. Really cleverly done.
word count: 54

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

I had goosebumps and tears at the end...which makes this a great movie. I think this is a wonderful story, one that everyone should take note on. I saw myself through the whole thing. Or at least someone I would like to be. Working in retail has taken that side away from me, there are days when I try to be like Hugh (maybe a little less with the compliments and more on the cheeriness) but it usually doesn't last long. Those days are becoming fewer though. Watching this movie made me want to try harder, to do better and be a little more aware.
I think if everyone watched this movie or even was just a little more open to the possibility of that kind of social kindness this world might be just a little better off (minus the dancing and singing in the streets :P)
I'm going to try. I'm going to make an effort to remember this movie and use it as an example.

On a note of TJ's acting....I'm going to have to watch it again and again. Each time I'm sure I'll find something else I love but for the first time around....I loved watching him watch Victoria when she explained her background. I loved watching TJ's / Hugh's facial expression when he realized who her mother was.

I'm going to tell everyone I know to watch it. :)
word count: 244

Rain
Fan

Post by Rain »

So far I put it up on my my social media outlets and have gotten great responses. Everyone loves it! Everyone just keeps saying how much they are smiling now :) Mission accomplished! I even showed it to my co-worker tonight...which means I got to watch it again. Loved it even more :)
You...are....beautiful!
word count: 56

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey, Shannon, that's great! Spread the word! How amazing are you? ;)
word count: 12

Samson
Fan

Post by Samson »

Amazingly, "Validation" was the first time I had ever heard of or seen TJ on anything.

I've sent the video to many people since then. Everyone involved in that short film did a great job.

I would love to see TJ do more short films in the future....:) (Along with big production movies as well of course...:P ) :dance:
word count: 58
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hi Samson!

I think it is so great that you are sharing Validation with everyone! There are some more shorts and of course Shuffle to look forward to as well. Have you watched "Slow" and "Rent-a-Person"? TJ is only in one of them but they both have Validation connections.

Sharon
word count: 52
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

aussie_tjfan
Fan

Post by aussie_tjfan »

I recently downloaded the Validation podcast onto my iPod. It's such a feel-good short film!! :mrgreen: I love the story behind it :wink: I shared it with my friends on Facebook & a lot of them had already seen it themselves! :dance:
word count: 40
Hodgins: I know things that would curdle your blood! Including a formula that literally curdles blood!

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

There's a podcast of Validation? Do tell more, please! Where might I find such a thing? Thanks! :D
word count: 18

aussie_tjfan
Fan

Post by aussie_tjfan »

It should be available on iTunes...that's where I found it. I heard it was a part of "The Best Of YouTube" podcast, so I just typed that in. There's a whole heap of videos in that particular podcast...so I had a battle finding it. But I eventually did!! ;)
word count: 52
Hodgins: I know things that would curdle your blood! Including a formula that literally curdles blood!

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thank you so much for the info! I'll have to look for it.

P.S. How awesome is it that one of TJ's projects is considered "The Best of YouTube"? Very cool. :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
word count: 34

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

I finally watched the whole Validation video. (I know I am behind times..lol, a couple of years!) I had started it a few days ago and about half way through my son needed me. I have to admit that I wasn't in a hurry to get back and finish it. TJ was great, of course, it was just feeling a little needy, a little where's this going? So, today I had a little time and I figured what the heck...ok, the payoff did hit in it's entirety. I was smiling broadly at the conclusion, and am so glad now that I finished it. The little (very small) dance routine..I loved!! I really want to see TJ do a whole dance number now...he looked like a natural!!! LOL. I was looking for some other things that he's been in, since other than bones the only thing I've seen him in is his quick appearence in 'Friends' and car commercials, plus I wanted to find out what shuffle was about. There's a couple things on my list now to look out for, but I REALLY REALLY want to see him playing a lead role!!!!
word count: 202

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

You've checked in 'Clips' and 'Filmography' on the main site, so you know what to look out for??
word count: 19

AmyLynn
Fan

Post by AmyLynn »

Actually I checked out his filmography on imdb. I'll have to take a look at that tho...
word count: 18

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Fell in love with this blogger tonight and came across this...When I saw Validation--Weekend Pick Me Up, I just knew it had to be "our" video. He goes on to talk about the messages he got from it.

http://www.danoah.com/2010/08/validatio ... me-up.html

Off topic, but check out his posts regarding "Perfection" too.
word count: 60
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Violaine
Fan

Post by Violaine »

I was going to post here to say that I really need to get around to watching Validation (and I will!), but I just saw the last post before mine. I have to say, Single Dad Laughing is a *fantastic* blog. I'm glad you linked it, AngMT!
word count: 48

HanaTheAwesomeOne
Fan

Post by HanaTheAwesomeOne »

No matter how many times I watch this it ALWAYS get's me haha.

In the beginning you're like What The Hell Dude?! And then them emotions kick in over the course of the film. Amazing Storytelling and Of Course TJ was on point :)
word count: 45

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

This short-movie is wonderful. I had already seen it of course, but a couple of days ago one of my FB contacts tagged a friend of mine in a post with the video and I've rewatched it. It's so heart-warming and well acted/scripted. A truly little jem to rewatch every time you're feeling down. I wish someone like TJ could validate me. Hahahahah.
word count: 69

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

peppernights wrote:I wish someone like TJ could validate me. Hahahahah.
And why this sounds kind of kinky to me? LOL :laughing-rolling:
word count: 21