Validation

Discussion about anything and everything that isn't Bones.
skftex
TJ Team Validator

Re: Validation

Post by skftex »

Just in case some of you don't come to the board from the home page and missed the site update, there are two new items in the press section about Validation, I posted them yesterday. :) :clap: :dance:

Sharon
word count: 37
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Hey everyone, Validation is now a featured video on youtube, and it's hits are REALLY moving now. :)
word count: 18
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Terrific news, Sharon! I'm so glad. This film really needs to be seen. :D
word count: 14
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

What amazes me is it has over 1000 comments and not one of them is negative. That is really really hard to find on YouTube!
word count: 25

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

You've read them all?? :?
word count: 5
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Well yes Steph but not all in one sitting. :shock: I read the first 5 pages the first couple of times I went to YouTube to see it, then as they are added and I get a chance I go look at it. Usually there isn't but a page or so since the last time I had visited. Since most people only write a few words or a sentence at most, it doesn't take long to read one page of comments. :D

Sharon
word count: 83

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Validation now has over a million hits on YouTube. :)
word count: 9

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Niiiiiice! Go, Kurt, TJ, and crew! :happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:
word count: 6
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Fantastic. Well done anyone here who has been pushing this exquisite little gem of film making. And well done all at Theatre Junkies!
word count: 23

Hodgins
Fan

Post by Hodgins »

Watched this all the way through for the first time today. Made me smirk stupidly to myself on various occasions I have to admit. Easily pleased. :D
word count: 26

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

It ALWAYS makes me smile. I know some of it is a bit cheesy but even those parts make me laugh. Its just such a happy video. Its number 21 on the YouTube best rated videos of all time. Or it was yesterday, I haven't checked today.
word count: 48

sundy317
Fan

Post by sundy317 »

I downloaded and watched it a few days ago.I absolutely loved it!
When it ended I stayed for I couple of minutes staring at the screen...I was left with a weird feeling and a strange smile...I loved this optimistic view to life,but at the same time I felt it's such a waste people don't always think this way and that got me thinking.
On the whole,I have to say this was the very first short film I ever watched and I was surprised at how many things you can say in so few time (especially when there are 2hour-long films that say absolutely nothing).
Closing,I have to thank all of you,because hadn't it been for this site,I wouldn't have discovered this amazing film...
word count: 136
-Θα στο πω όσο πιο γρήγορα γίνεται,γιατί μπορεί να πάθω έμφραγμα και να μην προλάβω να στο πω και να μην το μάθεις ποτέ...

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

sundy317 wrote:...because hadn't it been for this site,I wouldn't have discovered this amazing film...
Me, too, sundy! And I loved this film! Made me smile at a time when I felt a bit sad!
Simone.
word count: 39
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I'm going to use it at a school assembly towards the end of the spring term. To cheer all the pupils up!
word count: 23

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

That's a good idea, Steph! They gonna love it! Wish my teachers were so considerate!
word count: 16
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Well, I have been humming 'smile, smile, smile' to myself all day, and the Yr 7s (11-12 years old) have been particularly perky. Yes, it went down a storm; I did a little spiel about how important it was to value and encourage others and just generally treat them with consideration and respect, then showed them the film. It got lots of laughs and an actual clap at the end (mind you they will show respect for anything they've been told has a million hits on Youtube!). TJ, you, Kurt & the others have really spoken to young people here. Everyone went out positive and happy to greet the day. What more could you ask?
:) :) :)
word count: 116

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Okay, this may be a little unorthodox, but I hope it's cool with you, mods.

In the spirit of the short film Validation, and in the spirit of TJ Thyne who seems to be our purveyor of positivity, I'm going to link to this interesting, touching article.

The only other thing I want to say is:

I love you guys. :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 62

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

It's cool!

I love you right back!
Buuuuuut...remembering that I don't even say it enough to my nearest and dearest...does it not cheapen the thought if I post it everywhere? It's not exactly the same as telling people in which ways they are great and awesome, now is it?

There's a thought for you as April 4th slips into the 5th under my typing fingers. Goodnight! See you soon!
word count: 75

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

That was very cute. Sadly, it got downgraded from "Awesome" when I got to the cutesy ending. I loved, absolutely LOVED, the whole overly-literal validation concept and then when he got despondent, and even when he started rediscovering his own smile and gifts. It was all just brilliant, and brilliantly performed. But I did find the ending a tad... done. Still, I really liked it. I must force others to watch it now. :)
word count: 74
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

I loved this video. I found it very amusing, and when Newman says "Nobody has ever said that about me before..." I found it very deep that although he had devoted himself to complimenting everyone, nobody had ever complimented him until now. I liked that aspect of it a lot.

I have seen this video about 5 times, as my friend Rachel tells me she wants to watch it EVERY time she comes to my house! not that I'm complaining of course! It's great!
word count: 86
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins