Fan gallery; YOUR TJ.

Sightings, articles, media, pictures.
Lorenith
Fan

Re: Fan gallery; YOUR TJ.

Post by Lorenith »

If you ever do need to do a redesign though count me among people offering to help, I've got an interest in getting into communication design.

That said the current design is great and very user friendly so it probably will never need any changes. :P
word count: 46

Link
Fan

Post by Link »

skftex wrote:Hi Link, your fan art is really good.

I do need to clear up something though, because I think there has been some confusion about the site because I was asked about changing the design of the site somewhere else. We won't be changing the site design any time soon, we've only had this one since November and I think it works pretty well for us for the time being. But thank you everyone for offering!
No, don't worry, i did get what you meant ;) I was just adding that if, in the future, you ever did need a design or anything else i'm here, that's it ^^ And yes, of course, the site won't need changes any time soon, it's great the way it is :D

Otherwise, glad you liked my fan art, thanx ! :)
word count: 142

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Yes Link, my message was because I had some people that didn't post on here ask me about helping with a design change. They didn't post it here, asked me privately. So I thought I'd clear up any confusion about it by posting here.
word count: 47
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Hi Guys
Consuelo here *waves*

Some of you guys are havng problems putting the banner in your sig :D

Im here to explain it yo you all :)
All you have to do once it is uploaded to photobucket is put your mouse over the thumbnail of the photo you want to use-a menu will appear with code, choose IMG code, right click and copy the IMG code. That is it.
Then once you get the IMG code copied, go to the message board, User Control Panel, edit signature and in that big box paste the code and submit. That is it.

I hope this helps
Consuelo xxxx
word count: 107
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Thanks that you didn't mention my name, Consuelo! :wink: :D

But, when I do that it only shows the code and not the picture. :?

Simone.
word count: 24
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Simone, though I have never tried to adopt a signature image, perhaps you need to put the BB code around your image address? I keep forgetting to do that when I am posting images to the card calendar!
word count: 38
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

When you paste the code into the box, all you will see is code, starting with [img]and%20ending%20with[/img]. Then submit. You will never see anything but code in the box for the edit signature box-go look at one of your posts and see if you see the picture. If after you submit and you go look at one of your posts you just see code, then it is most likely that you are not copying the complete IMG code from photobucket. It HAS to start and end with the IMG code in brackets, with the / for the ending IMG.
word count: 103
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks Sharon. I just had a sense it had to do with the image codes, basic as my knowledge is.. Has that helped at all, Simone?
word count: 26

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

IT WORKED! :D :happy-bouncyshadowgreen: :happy-wavemulticolor: Thank you so much Consuelo, Sharon and Steph for your huge help! I LOVE the picture, Consuelo! Thank you very much for it! :D

Simone.
Last edited by TJ4ever on Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 26

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yay and yay!
Beautiful design Consuelo, and such a good representation of our Simone's personality! ;)
word count: 16

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Im happy to help thanks Sharon And Steph and Im happy you guys like the banner I made her :D

Consuelo xXx
word count: 21
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

I love, love, love it! :D I'm gonna post more often now just to see it! :wink: :lol:
Simone.
word count: 17

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

Post by jade.stormcloud »

Ok. I've got tentative approval to throw out a link to my Hodgins/Angela fanvid. Sort of a different form of fan art. The vid is at EDIT: vid blocked

A couple of caveats... there are a few scenes that are fuzzy and such, but that will be fixed once the season 4 DVDs are released. Also, the music plays a split second off from what it's supposed to. I don't know why it's doing that on youtube, and it may not be noticeable to most ppl, but if you're the kind of person that spent HOURS lining it up just right with the scenes... :roll:

Anyway... let me know what you think.
Last edited by jade.stormcloud on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total. word count: 117
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Jade, what a wonderful piece! I'm moved. *sniffles*

Okay, obviously I have a very big soft spot for the Hodgins/Angela relationship, so any sort of culmination of scenes involving the two of them was bound to get to me emotionally, but seriously... you did a terrific job. I loved the choices of scenes, and how they lined up with the lyrics. Like the famous end scene between them from Aliens in a Spaceship lining up with a lyric about tears, and the 'busting loose from the wedding chapel' scene lining up with lyrics about hopes and dreams, and I can't remember the lyric off the top of my head but whatever was being sung as Hodgins pulls the stray earring out of his pocket... that was lovely, too. All of it, so lovingly put together and scored against that terrific song. Well done! :clap:

And you know, it's funny, because there is a woman who occasionally visits this site who wrote a piece of fanfic about Hodgins and Angela, taking place on the same day as the end of Aliens in a Spaceship, exploring their relationship and how each of them was feeling after the horrific Grave Digger events... and she mentions this very song by the Stones! How funny is that? :D I think I read in the chat box that you aren't a big fan of fanfic, but this is one of those rare jewel exceptions, in my opinion. It's so tough to find the good ones amidst the inexperienced writers (or amidst those who just want to write whatever they want, without actually getting a good grasp of the actual characters), but I found this one to be a wonderful short story, and very well-written.

Anyway, I really enjoyed watching your vid and I hope if you make more you will remember to post a link to them here so we may watch those, too. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us. Great stuff!
word count: 335
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

OK, so I just checked youtube, and my "Angie" vid has gotten over 100 hits. I don't know if that's good or bad for the amount of time it's been up, but since it's my first online project, I am very excited about it.
:happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone: :happy-jumpeveryone:

... perhaps a little too excited.
word count: 53
“When once you have tasted flight you will always walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward: for there you have been and there you will always be.” - Henry Van Dyke

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Ups, totally forgot it! I watched the vid already a while ago and wanted to tell you that I really love it. Good Job, Jade. You have chosen wonderful scenes and put them together really well. :D
word count: 36

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

I made "South Park" versions of the "Bones" crew. Click the link to go to the Hodgins pic that I'm using as my avatar. You can then hit "next" or "previous" to page through to the rest of the crew.
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.c ... D=41519902
I have far, far too much time on my hands. LOL

All the pics were made using http://www.sp-studio.de/
word count: 71

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

:techie-offtheair: My "Angie" fanvid is currently blocked by Youtube for copyright infringement. :cry:
I wish the "Fair Use" rules were more clear. Anyway, I'm researching it, & I'll let you know what happens.
word count: 32

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Botheration. Which of their myriad rules have you transgressed? There are many vids up like yours. I know they've got stricter, but...
word count: 23

jade.stormcloud
TJ Junkie

They pulled it because it "may have content that is owned or licensed by FOX." I can decide to dispute the claim if I believe it's actually "fair use," so I'm trying to learn more about it. I'm also trying to contact FOX directly about their official stance on fanvids.
word count: 53