Interviews

Sightings, articles, media, pictures.
begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

More Interviews

Post by begolden »

I was just over on the 206 Bones site and saw a new interview posted. It's
T.J. in "Men's Fitness" magazine talking about his career, the show, and his fitness regime. The man definitely takes care of himself--a good role model for the rest of us.

http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/
word count: 56
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:I was just over on the 206 Bones site and saw a new interview posted. It's
T.J. in "Men's Fitness" magazine talking about his career, the show, and his fitness regime. The man definitely takes care of himself--a good role model for the rest of us.

http://community.livejournal.com/206_bones/
Oh yes, he DOES take care of himself, for sure. Although, I was a little miffed at all the errors in the article...
word count: 81
Dude, what you call being a conspiracy theorist I call being well informed - Dr. Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Whereabouts should one look for this interview? I have always found 206_bones really difficult to navigate - which is one of the reasons why I'm not a member! And if I have to be a member to read the interview, well, yes, I suppose I could, but I wouldn't be there often at all.
word count: 56

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:Whereabouts should one look for this interview? I have always found 206_bones really difficult to navigate - which is one of the reasons why I'm not a member! And if I have to be a member to read the interview, well, yes, I suppose I could, but I wouldn't be there often at all.
I keep the above link bookmarked, and it always pops up with current news. You do have to be a logged in member of Live Journal though in order to see all of the postings, as some of them are locked to non-members.
word count: 102

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

... or you can just go to http://www.mensfitness.com. The interview originates at that website.
word count: 16

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

Great article, Rebecca. Thanks for posting it! It's really exciting that a well-known magazine would profile TJ for his physical attributes. And isn't it adorable that TJ always sounds so perky in his written interviews? He is so positive and upbeat and grateful for his success. What a nice guy.

The only thing that bothered me was that they wrote that Angela was played by Deschanel. With a cast of only six, it shouldn't be too difficult for an interviewer/editor to get that detail right!! (Sorry, that's the editor in me getting annoyed.)

Nevertheless, that article made me smile! Oh, and I love the fact that TJ said one of Jack's conspiracy theories would turn out to be true...I was *so* hoping that the writers would allow that one of these days!
word count: 140

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Thanks for that! Great article! Wish I was as disciplined as he is - he's right that your body is your instrument as an actor. I can relate to that because it is so important to keep practising when you're a singer. Son no1 has committed to health - eats well, does sport etc. - and it has given him so much confidence pre-uni to have a toned and healthy body.

Oh, I wonder which conspiracy theory it is? Can't wait.
word count: 82

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Interviews

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I was just browsing Television Without Pity -- looks like they interviewed a bunch of people at the FOX fall press junket, including Bones cast members TJ Thyne, Tamara Taylor and Michaela Conlin (and one quick question for Emily Deschanel on the red carpet).

Not that you need enticing, but here's the blurb that highlights the piece on the home page (you'll see why it caught my eye):

"If you've ever wondered how Robert Sean Leonard feels about the sperm whale, the difference between Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and 7th Heaven, and why Bones's TJ Thyne is the nicest person in the world, this is the thing to read."

Just finished reading the interviews; they're very fun, especially TJ's. Honestly, he does sound like the most genuine person one could ever meet.

Here's the link (I hope I'm posting it correctly):

Television Without Pity FOX fall press junket

(*previewed my own post* Hmm... someone please teach me how to obscure the full length link string and instead use a shortened 'title' for it, if you know what I mean and know how to do that. I'd love to learn.)

Now if only TWoP would reopen their site to recapping Bones (they only went as far as episode 4 of season one)... if they don't, I may have to start doing it myself, on myspace or something. ;)

Addendum to original post: I have since figured out how to do the url/link thing, so I just came by to fix what I had before.
Last edited by Sinkwriter72 on Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total. word count: 263

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Interviewer clearly charmed! Me too! Nice to hear we are going to have a bit more on Jack's background...looking forward to that.
I don't think we have TWOP in the links, strangely, as it often has good stuff. I'll go and add it.
word count: 47

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Sorry if it seems like I was duplicating someone else's post. When I posted my bit about TWOP, I would have sworn that there were no other postings on this thread. Am I losing my mind? It's also annoying me that the time stamp does not reflect my actual posting time... :x
word count: 53

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

ThyneAlone wrote:I don't think we have TWOP in the links, strangely, as it often has good stuff. I'll go and add it.
I stopped reading TWOP's Bones forum after getting shot down one too many times. There are a handful of Hodgins fans who post, but the majority seem to be anti-Jack&Angela and full of venom for Cam (who I happen to like). I know the whole point of the website is to be snarky, but I haven't enjoyed reading one criticism after another. Too bad, because many of the people who post on that forum are highly articulate. I took it off my favorites list months ago to spare myself the irritation I always felt after reading. Although, I have to admit, I used to love reading their X-Files recaps...
word count: 139

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I stopped reading TWOP's Bones forum after getting shot down one too many times. There are a handful of Hodgins fans who post, but the majority seem to be anti-Jack&Angela and full of venom for Cam (who I happen to like).
I didn't even know there was a Bones forum on TWoP. I thought once they stopped doing regular recaps for Bones, they put all of it on 'permanent hiatus' (the recaps and any potential forum/discussion threads for the show).

Regardless, I'm a little surprised to hear about such venom for Cam. Obviously I still have most of season 2 to watch on DVD before I'm fully caught up, but from the episodes I've seen, I haven't received nearly enough information about Cam in order to make that kind of estimation about her. I'm guessing they just don't like her because she's getting in the way of the Booth and Brennan connection.

I have to hand it to Tamara Taylor, coming in as she did in the middle of a show, playing a character that viewers might object to simply because she's a threat or an obstacle for Brennan. She just keeps smiling and doing her job, and a good job at that.

I swear, she already had to go through a similar experience when she was on Party of Five. She came in as a character for Matthew Fox's 'Charlie,' incurring the viewers' wrath because they wanted him to get back together with Kirsten. Personally, I thought she did a wonderful job with her character, and at the time remember thinking she was a beautiful woman playing an interesting part. And they did make her an interesting character, at first. Until they altered their take on her, in order to get rid of her character so that Charlie could get back together with Kirsten after all. As soon as they had her character say she didn't like kids, I knew she was a goner. Of course Charlie would dump her after that -- he's a young man with the responsibility of taking care of his four other siblings! *sigh* It would have been nice if the writers had found a different, more original, less obvious way for their characters to break up. I always felt bad for Tamara -- that position could not have been easy to play, knowing full well that once she said it, she'd be off the show soon after. The woman's a pro. :)
word count: 424

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I knew there was a forum (in which I am not particularly interested), but I didn't know it was such an unpleasant one. I'm not surprised you felt uncomfortable there, Rebecca.

As for Tamara/Cam, well, Sherry, I could write screeds on this except that you've said everything I think already. I may not have visited this particular forum, but there has been some really horrible vitriol directed at both the character and the actress, a lot of which I have found on the Fox forum. It's as you say - she 'gets in the way' in the minds of many, and if you watch this series purely in the hope of BB ship-come-true then I guess that's how you feel. This woman is exceptionally talented and funny and a very good actress. And has managed to develop an initially rather rigid character into a sympathetic and important team member. Go team.
word count: 158

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

TJ interviewed for TV Addict

Post by ThyneAlone »

word count: 15

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I'm having trouble with the link. Is anyone else able to view it?
word count: 14

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello,
I know management are going to put all TJ's press on one of the main site pages, but I thought I might list here a few I've enjoyed (of varying vintages - one at least is quite old).

http://www.popgurls.com/article_show.php3?id=639

http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-featu ... -headlines

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Inter ... 03592ED%7D

http://starrymag.com/content.asp?ID=124 ... INTERVIEWS

http://www.mensfitness.com/T.J._Thyne/exclusives/193

EDIT: The interviews above are now nearly all on the new 'press' section of the site; read and digest, you know it makes sense.
word count: 108
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Interviews

Post by ThyneAlone »

Doing a lot of quoting from Mteam emails and the home page now, cos things are really coming together! Have you actually looked down the foot of the home page lately - gossip and recent appearances coming soon? Well, our interview is 'coming soon' - listen to this..
themanagementteam wrote: "Really?! I thought for sure we were headed into the bedroom when you began asking this line of questions." - TJ Thyne, answering the questions to your exclusive fan interview.-- coming soon ladies
so own up, whose question was that!! :lol:
word count: 87

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

*laughing uproariously*

Hey, I went back and looked at all the questions I posted in that thread, and (I think) I was nothing but professional and respectful! It wasn't ME! :D

But I am very interested to know what provoked that statement from TJ. Hilarious.

Come on, M Team, stop teasing us! ;)
word count: 52

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

*whisper*part one of the interview is up under 'articles'!! Read it and love it! He interviews so well!!
word count: 19

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Oh joy!!! That was a lot of fun to read. Interesting how they interviewed in the dark. They are both so silly. Though i feel bad that they were both so tired, especially Dave.
Can't wait for part 2!!!
word count: 40