The Birthday Party!

Archived threads that are no longer active-this section is read only
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

The Birthday Party!

Post by ThyneAlone »

All who took part in the Big Birthday Party last year will be thrilled to know that it's coming your way again on March 7th.

For those who are newbies, let me explain (in fact you could have a look at last year's): I'm going to set up a party thread. We visit when we can, for as long as we can, get together with our TJ friends and celebrate!

For a virtual party to feel real, you have to come prepared. Be ready to comment on our décor and tell us what you are wearing (optional fancy dress). There will be a present handed to you as you come in - open it and tell us what you have been given! As it's virtual it can be Anything you want. Except TJ. Sorry!

There will be plenty to eat and drink so let us know your favourites. You can even play any virtual party games you want AND - most important - bring along music of your choice! We had some excellent and very silly dancing last time.

The chatbox is the chillout room but I wanna see you people in here on the sofa and contributing to a Lasting Thread as well as out there in the porch area!

As we are covering more and more timezones, and, indeed, in some cases fitting it in with running around entertaining guests, the party will run all day. Try and make special arrangements to meet people you know at a certain time - or, if no-one is around when you drop in, leave a message and come back later!! We are a fantastic community, let's have some fun together. :)
word count: 282
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

kayleigh_marie
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: The Birthday Party!

Post by kayleigh_marie »

This sounds wonderful!
I'm excited.
As it's Sara's birthday as well, I'll try and drop in as often as I can, but it won't be for long.
I'm planning on spending it all with Sara (:
word count: 41
Aha! Unidentified particulates. The two sweetest words I know.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:text-woo: Just read the thread from last year. We had some fun! Really looking forward to it. This will be a long weekend with less sleep. Sunday to Monday is OSCAR-Night and I'm planning to watch it. So, I guess I will be tired on Monday. Well, I don't care. So, I don't know exactly when I will be on. Guess sunday morning/afternoon. Need to sleep a bit from late afternoon till 2am. Then the OSCARS start here. (I know, I'm crazy! :) ) Don't know if I will be online then. We'll see! - Oh, if I will, I'm wearing my PJ's then. Hope that's ok with you. - Talking about fancy dresses! :)
word count: 120
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

carmen5731
Fan

Post by carmen5731 »

Can't wait to celebrate. Jello shots all around(non-alcohol for the underagers) :dance:
word count: 14
I can't relate to 99% of humanity- Seymore, Ghost World

freedom
Fan

Post by freedom »

Hope Tj had a lovely birthday sending him hugs and kisses from beyond. :geek:
Been listening to cool artists that would make the party pop! :whistle:

There are many those who dream and there who are living that dream
word count: 38

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

2 weeks to TJ's birthday on March 7th, folks. Anyone interested in another birthday thread? Cos it's all been a bit quiet round here of late. And if it happens, I'd like to make sure I can be around, as this year the Sunday is my birthday and personal celebrations are bound to be on the cards!

??????
word count: 60

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

Yeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhhh! PAAAAAAAAARTYYYYYYYYY!!!! :banana-dance: :occasion-partyblower: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: :text-woo: Even it is on a Monday. I will be here after work, if it happens! Well, if not I will be here anyway! ;)
word count: 27

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

What's the matter guys? No one else wants to party on March 7th? Come on, post please!
word count: 18

hanneDK
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by hanneDK »

:text-goodpost:
:dance: :clap: :occasion-balloons:

PARTY!!!!
I'm so there (well as much I'm capable off - work and of cause our times zones) I'll so ditch that days workout to celebrate TJ's birthday.. Like I'm gonna miss that, yeah right.

Maybe we'll be able to top last years party..?!!!

Wonder if there will be more to clean up or less, only time will tell. :chores-mop: :chores-vacuum: :lol: :think:

Can't wait.. Better be going, dinner don't finish it's self (wish it did :D )
word count: 80

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Of course I'll be here when I can. Since its a Monday I will not be around for part of the day of course, due to classes, but I'll come in when I get home! :mrgreen: :banana-dance:
word count: 39
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Yay, gives me an excuse to bake some brownies! :D :dance:
word count: 9
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

Julcia
Fan

Post by Julcia »

I'll be there :dance: Just call my name and I'll be there :dance:
word count: 13
W moim magicznym domu
wszystko się zdarzyć może.

thayanne
Fan

Post by thayanne »

Sounds awesome !! I'll try to be here :D

... I don't know where the hell was I last year :P
word count: 19
"The biggest regret of my life is I didn't stop you "

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK guys, listen up.
I will set up a party thread in the (UK)early evening (say about 6 UK time?) on March 6th. Then I will count on you lot to be there and post on a regular basis, work and school permitting, through till closing time on March 7th, which will be around 9 UK time. Hopefully, with the time zones we cover, we can ensure the thread is manned most of the time.

Now remember this is not a chat. We don't expect TJ to attend (it's the dude's birthday, people!), but we are all coming in to wish him all the best and have fun. Read the other party threads. We all get to be on a virtual dance floor, so bring your favourite music to play. Not to mention your favourite food & drink. Also I am making it fancy dress this year, so choose a costume and post us all about it. When you arrive there will be a virtual gift awaiting you, so you'll have to open it and tell us what it is. You can call in and out whenever you like during the day; but post, don't just chat in the box, because we like these threads to be mementoes and they are fun to keep and read over! I'll be in as much as I can. Even though the 6th is in fact my own birthday!
word count: 241

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Steph, 9 UK time on the 7th is terribly early for us here in the US, you'd be shutting it down right in the middle of our day and TJ's birthday. I'll still be at school at that time or just barely making it home. :( I really wanted to be here on the actual birthday as much as I could.
word count: 63
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

:)

Fair enough - I was trying to get a spread that covered some of the Sunday being that Monday is a work day for people and thinking about the Aussies, but you're right, the US needs to cover the evening too.

I'm perfectly happy with a later shutdown, really I was posting for a reaction anyway (!) but because I don't stay up on work nights after about midnight I'd have to make the shutdown our Tuesday morning, if that's ok? As long as the people who are there post I don't mind!

Personally I can come in during some of your Sunday afternoon, then not till Monday afternoon for a short time. Though I don't know if the family has planned any birthday surprises for me. We have already put my celebration meal out back to Saturday night!
word count: 144

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Thanks Steph. That will be much better, because I don't get home until 2 pm and that is 9 pm your time, and I have no clue how much I'll manage to be here on Sunday due to having a test on the 7th.
word count: 46

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

YEAH!!! I wanna sing with Sharon again. Even if it is late then. :)
I think I will be here after work and after dinner. Around 8 or 9 pm my time. Try to come here maybe in my lunch break at work, but don't know yet if it is possible.
word count: 51

Wendy
Super Fan

Post by Wendy »

Monday is my day off from school, but I have to apply for some internships as well. But count me in, as I promise to drop by as often as possible.
word count: 31

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

TJ4ever wrote: YEAH!!! I wanna sing with Sharon again. Even if it is late then. :)
I think I will be here after work and after dinner. Around 8 or 9 pm my time. Try to come here maybe in my lunch break at work, but don't know yet if it is possible.
You'll have to wait for me Simone! I won't be home until 2 pm, so I think that is 10 your time! But I'll come sing with you then...we'll have to figure out something we both know to do our duet! :dance: :music-singing: :music-singing: :dance:
LALALALALALALALALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAAAA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (warming up the fingers)

Sharon
word count: 107