Jack and Angela Your Favourite Episode/Scene

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Jack and Angela Your Favourite Episode/Scene

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Well Rebecca here goes!!! :D Not sure how detailed you want to make this,so I think I will start with series one if that is OK.plus I need to get to e-mail and housework :(

From series one "The Man In The Fallout Shelter"(which I always refer to as "The Christmas Episode") has to get my vote.It has so many wonderful moments,was annoyed at DB saying he didn't like it too Hallmarky.Just rain on my parade why don't you? The interaction of the different characters and relationships was very well handled,and it was a hoot with "stoned Booth" and the Man Upstairs plus the True truth. I also felt for Tempe,she was the observer on the sidelines,felt she would have joined in,but wasn't sure how.And the exchange of gifts was not mawkish but sensitively handled.Emotion and affection nicely conveyed.

Have boxed myself into a corner here as I have to choose a scene when that is virtually impossible!I am assuming we are talking J/A scenes or would you prefer a more general overview? Well I shall opt for "The Man in the Morgue" when Jack gives Angela the "big life"speech with the gorgeous baby blues trained on her face(lucky lucky girl).

Give the rest of you a chance to comment now,hope this is what you hoped for Rebecca.Be kind :D
word count: 239

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Jack and Angela Your Favourite Episode/Scene

Post by begolden »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:Have boxed myself into a corner here as I have to choose a scene when that is virtually impossible!I am assuming we are talking J/A scenes or would you prefer a more general overview? Well I shall opt for "The Man in the Morgue" when Jack gives Angela the "big life"speech with the gorgeous baby blues trained on her face(lucky lucky girl).

Give the rest of you a chance to comment now,hope this is what you hoped for Rebecca.Be kind
:D
Thank you, Victoria--we're off to a good start, now. Since this is the TJ website, perhaps we should focus on his scenes, and what wonderful work he does in them. I agree that he has some great moments in "The Man in the Morgue," especially during the scene you mentioned. TJ does a fine job of conveying just the slightest hesitancy before turning to speak to Michaela. Although his character is only trying to console her character, it's apparent that TJ's Hodgins feels much more for Angela than he's letting on at this moment. These early scenes between them were filled with so much subtext, and it's amazing to watch TJ act the part of a man trying to tenetively reach out emotionally to this woman who, much to his own surprise, he has found himself in love with.
word count: 235
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK, this is me being clichéd. Observe lack of originality.
I love Jack's eyes as he is waiting for Angela at the altar. So intent, so full of hope and happiness. Not that innocent, awkward, soon-to-be-dashed hope when he asks her out, but real joy in what the future will bring.
But I also love their final scene in 'Aliens'. Jack finally opens up in this one, to Brennan and Angela. I'm looking at him saying how scared he is and believing it and then, omg, there is a tear rolling down his cheek, an actual tear, and then there's that naked look of vulnerability and incomprehension when she offers to take him back to her place.
What's not to love? *sigh*
word count: 130

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Oh yes the "Aliens" episode was brilliant.I chose the big speech as for me it marked a key point in the burgeoning relationship-adore the soft little mm from Angela.I was thinking we could perphaps have a second best choice how do you feel about that?It really is so difficult to choose one isn't it? And I aspire to be loved NOT loathed!!!!! :shock:
Agree totally about the scene you chose Steph I am turning to marshmallow right here and now. :D Brilliant acting from both TJ and Michela,although he had the harder part.

Can I thank you both for responding to this thread perphaps others will want to join in and have fun.
word count: 117

saburcat
Fan

Post by saburcat »

Any scene where you see TJs intense eyes would be a favorite of mine. Those eyes just hold you and pull you in, and it's only on TV! I can't imagine being looked at with those eyes in person. It would probably kill me.

Overall, the "Christmas Show" in the first season is my favorite overall, the witty banter, the story line, the emotions they all had, the whole epidose is just fantastic. Plus, it makes me think of winter and cold weather while I'm stuck in a 100 degree heat wave.

BUT, the scene I love the most from it (no surprise here, I'm sure) is when Jack and Zach come out in the towels. The first time I saw it, I was mildly surprised at what Hodgins was hiding underneath his clothes. But the way he points at Zach when he complains about having to take a decontamination shower with him is so cute! I know that sounds stupid.

Can't wait to pick out favorite scenes from the second season!

Weez
word count: 178
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

saburcat wrote:But the way he points at Zach when he complains about having to take a decontamination shower with him is so cute! I know that sounds stupid.

Weez
...and I thought I was the only one that thought that little snippet of a scene was soooo hot! So no, it doesn't sound stupid to me at all...
word count: 60

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

And now we go for the hat trick :D

Did I forget to say that we are all drooling over the shower scene.? :lol:
It was a very nice surprise to see that wonderful chest.Caused a few flutters I can teel you.

Have suggested people might like to discuss a second choice to fill a few idle moments before having series 2 DVD available.I doubt we can settle for just the one favourite experience.
word count: 74

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hello, all - Vic I was not even vaguely contemplating just going for one scene! There are so many! Another great moment for me is the bathtub one in 'Truth In The Lye'. I love the way they look at each other as they stumble about on the dangerous ground of relationship discussion - and the sudden seriousness and shock on Angela's face when Jack says: 'the woman I know and love'. There's a connection there. And even fully dressed, TJ looks wonderful in a bathtub....
word count: 86

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

I feel like I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm going to put in my thoughts anyway...

Great idea for a thread, btw, Victoria! Honestly, all of the Jack/Angela scenes are my favourite ... even the ones where Jack is getting his heart stomped on. They may make me want to weep like a baby (i.e. when Angela tells him they can only be "friends" after their great date), but they also show of TJ's awesome acting abilities.

Favourite episode ... J/A related? Goodness, that's hard. I mean, I'd like to go with "The Girl with the Curl", because their first date was so beautiful, and their first kiss. But ... the ending scenes in "Aliens in a Spaceship" are just so wonderful, too. I can't choose!!
word count: 135

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

ThyneAlone wrote:Hello, all - Vic I was not even vaguely contemplating just going for one scene! There are so many! Another great moment for me is the bathtub one in 'Truth In The Lye'. I love the way they look at each other as they stumble about on the dangerous ground of relationship discussion - and the sudden seriousness and shock on Angela's face when Jack says: 'the woman I know and love'. There's a connection there. And even fully dressed, TJ looks wonderful in a bathtub....
Oh yes, how can we forget that bathtub scene? The looks that are exchanged between our favourite couple are gorgeous, and make my heart swell with joy.

Also - just for fun, can we throw in the "Cleopatra's Bed" scene from "The Priest in the Churchyard"? Just because ... ;)
word count: 136

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

KimberHodgela wrote:Also - just for fun, can we throw in the "Cleopatra's Bed" scene from "The Priest in the Churchyard"? Just because ... ;)
Hmmm... somehow I doubt that the acting in that scene was much of a stretch for TJ...

What I do wonder is, (A) What was he wearing under the sheets? (B) How many takes were there? (C) Did TJ sabotage any of those takes to get more mileage out of the scene? And last but not least, (D) Was kissing TJ's chest scripted, or did Michaela improvise? :wink:
word count: 91

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:
KimberHodgela wrote:Also - just for fun, can we throw in the "Cleopatra's Bed" scene from "The Priest in the Churchyard"? Just because ... ;)
Hmmm... somehow I doubt that the acting in that scene was much of a stretch for TJ...

What I do wonder is, (A) What was he wearing under the sheets? (B) How many takes were there? (C) Did TJ sabotage any of those takes to get more mileage out of the scene? And last but not least, (D) Was kissing TJ's chest scripted, or did Michaela improvise? :wink:
Yes, I'd like to know the answer to ALL of those questions as well!! They both seemed really, really natural in that scene, if that means anything ... ;) But alas, both parties there are fine, so I doubt the acting was a stretch for either!
word count: 138

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Thank you all so much for picking up this thread,feel happier I wasn't making a lemon of myself.

Hmm yes I am Satan's daughter aren't I making you all choose.If you can't and I know hard that is,just pick one discuss and move on.I mean we can talk for gold medal standard here ladies.
:twisted:
If TJ messed up the blocking on the swing scene I am sure he was tempted to repeat on the Cleo's bed the little tinker :lol:

Keep those comments coming ladies.
word count: 93

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Y Ddraig Coch wrote:If TJ messed up the blocking on the swing scene I am sure he was tempted to repeat on the Cleo's bed the little tinker :lol:
What! Is that a fact?? *is intriguid*
word count: 37
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I think he did say he messed up the swing thing a couple of times. Not entirely professional! Don't you just wish you were Michaela.
word count: 26

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Only, like everyday lmao. As for him messing up, professional or not, I honestly can't blame the guy lol.
word count: 20
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Purposely messing up a kissing scene so he can, well, kiss some more, was very naughty of TJ--particularly since Michaela said she was nervous about doing the scene to begin with. But I suppose that shows the comfort level of their personal relationship. Perhaps all those kiss takes helped to relax her, so that the final few takes seemed more natural. My theory is that TJ kissed the nervousness out of her, thus freeing her to enjoy subsequent kissing scenes, i.e., "The Priest in the Churchyard." Quite professional of him, I say! :wink:
word count: 94

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

One assumes he wasn't nervous then!!!
word count: 7

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Post by KimberHodgela »

Hmm, I wonder if TJ was nervous about the whole hook up with Jack and Angela? I mean, I read too that Michaela was nervous about the first kiss scene (which she should NOT have been! Both parties were so natural, and made that scene one of my all time faves. Just because it's so sweet, and wonderful and totally rewatchable!).

However, there was an interview posted this year with the "Squints", I believe it might have been with Kristen (From E!Online), and Michaela spoke about the Cleopatra's Bed scene. At least, we think it was about that scene, since she mentioned they were in the boudoir. She sounded really impressed with the scene, and not nervous at all! (And hey, can you blame her? I'd have been excited!).
word count: 133

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

KimberHodgela wrote: However, there was an interview posted this year with the "Squints", I believe it might have been with Kristen (From E!Online), and Michaela spoke about the Cleopatra's Bed scene. At least, we think it was about that scene, since she mentioned they were in the boudoir. She sounded really impressed with the scene, and not nervous at all! (And hey, can you blame her? I'd have been excited!).
Well she definitely described the experience in positive terms, I do remember that much! She was either referring to the Cleopatra bed scene, or, horror of all horrors, one of the scenes that will end up being cut from "Player Under Pressure" when it finally airs. Besides the proposal scene, I wonder what other Jack and Angela moments we'll most likely never get to see from that episode... (said with much bitterness)
word count: 146