Post by omelette73 »

word count: 1

omelette73
Super Fan

Re: Media: Promos, Videos and Fan Sightings

Post by omelette73 »

Did you see this?
TJ and Tamara always seem to have so much fun on the show! LOL

How TJ & Tamara sit in their cast chairs on a hill on the #bones set! http://coll.ag/_Y7qYFko via @PicCollage https://twitter.com/alysonbarrie/status ... 21/photo/1

word count: 47

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

:icon-lol: :icon-lol: Too funny! They are adorable! :D
word count: 5
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Not sure where this article should go, Sharon, but if it's in the wrong spot, could you or Steph move it?

Came across this yesterday and thought it was a lovely tribute to our favorite "bug guy" Dr. Jack Hodgins:

7 Reasons Why Dr. Jack Hodgins Is No Fool
word count: 50

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I guess it is in the right spot. That's Steph's thing so if she thinks it should be moved she'll do it. :)

Yes, it is a nice article, written by Catherine who I've chatted with on Twitter a few times. :) She writes a lot of fan fiction (which as you know I don't read).
word count: 59
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Thanks, Sharon!

I don't know Catherine (but then I don't browse BuddyTV or many of those sites very often. This one just caught my eye because it was about Hodgins).

Ah, fanfiction... knowing that you don't read it, I especially appreciate you took the time to read mine. Back when I had time and drive to write it myself. *sigh* Whether it's fanfiction or 'original' fiction, I do miss writing. I'd like to renew that energy and re-find my "muse," but I'm sad to say I feel like ever since I got done with school I haven't been able to recharge the creative brain cells. Maybe it was just too many years of intense homework and focus, so right now my brain doesn't want anything that feels like homework? I'm not sure.

I suppose the thing to do is simply to take some time and ease back in. Perhaps if I take more time to read some novels and books from my "to read" pile, I'll find myself inspired to do some writing myself. :D
word count: 185
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

I read that article online as well. It was a very good description of Hodgins' character. I enjoyed reading it. :) Sherry, I'm not a fan fiction either but I would be more inclined to read it if was yours. :D
word count: 40
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

stargazer wrote:Sherry, I'm not a fan fiction either but I would be more inclined to read it if was yours. :D
Thanks, Kathy! That's very kind of you to say. :D

I've only written 3 Bones-related stories, and in a potentially funny way, they were all "gifts" of a sort.

I wrote one very short piece as an amusement for an online friend who mentioned wondering what it would be like if Jack Hodgins (forensic scientist on Bones) ever met Abby Sciuto (forensic scientist on NCIS). So I made up a quick and playful piece as a surprise for her birthday.

The second piece I wrote was for another friend's birthday, someone who enjoyed the Jack-Abby story and asked me if I'd write something for her. She wanted something involving Jack and Angela, so I wrote a longer piece for her. It's a piece I'm quite fond of -- I was aiming for the early seasons emerging flirtation of Jack and Angela, back before they started dating, but with a tiny bit of an edge.

And the final piece was kind of a writing challenge -- I wanted some David Tennant / Doctor Who userpics (because he's cute and I liked him on that show, LOL), so I told a friend who liked to create userpics that if she made me some of David Tennant, I would write her a story. She requested something involving the friendship between Booth and Angela.

That last one was actually one of the most challenging things I've written to date, mainly because I ended up writing it in the first person and it was tough to capture Booth's character voice (you know, because I'm not a guy, and have never been in the military). Also because I had a specific blueprint in mind for the story, and it didn't end up working out exactly as I planned. I got stuck at a point in writing shortly before the "pivotal moment" in the story was supposed to occur, where I felt completely blocked. I had no idea why, but it was frustrating at the time because I just wanted to get past the part where I got stuck so that I could move on to the Big Planned Moment of the plot. But after months of struggling with it and trying to force it, I finally realized that the Big Planned Moment wasn't supposed to happen the way I'd planned. It was such a huge thing for me to realize, that the Big Planned Moment was actually going to happen in a much more subtle and creep-up-on-you sort of way. The way it ended up was much better than what I had initially outlined. I found myself amazed that once I was able to let go of my Big Plan, I was able to be open-minded to the other possibilities and then it was like all the pieces finally fell into place. Funny how things like that happen! So unexpected.

Anyway, enough of my yammering. ;)

If you're at all interested to read any of those pieces, I'd be happy to post links for you. I've got all 3 of them on my LiveJournal.

(Or send them to Kathy privately, if that's more appropriate, Sharon?)
word count: 559

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Go ahead and send me the links privately. I'm sure I'll enjoy them. I've been watching Dr Who recently and I like David Tennant too! I'm currently watching Season 4 so I have quite a few episodes to go. :)
word count: 43

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:
If you're at all interested to read any of those pieces, I'd be happy to post links for you. I've got all 3 of them on my LiveJournal.

(Or send them to Kathy privately, if that's more appropriate, Sharon?)
That would also be something you'd have to ask Steph. :icon-razz:
word count: 56
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Of course I thought of asking Steph too. :D I just figured I see you online more often, so I'd be more likely to get an answer sooner from you.

Kathy, I'll send those links to you in a private message. Thanks for being interested! I worked really hard on them - they're meant as a bit of a love letter to the show.
word count: 65

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:Of course I thought of asking Steph too. :D I just figured I see you online more often, so I'd be more likely to get an answer sooner from you.

Yes I'm online more but I don't really mess with the moderation stuff, that is all Steph! She is the one that keeps things neat and moves threads around and if she feels something isn't appropriate she's the one to say so. I might discuss something with her but I don't do anything as far as approving anything and never would move around things around! The boards are Steph's Queendom! LOL
word count: 109

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

LOL. Her "Queendom." I love it.

You both rule all. *salutes*

:D
word count: 11

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

I originally wrote Kingdom but then I thought, she's the QUEEN (Bones reference there...great episode! ;) ) why isn't it Queendom? :-D :happy-smileyflower:
word count: 22

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Right on, sister! Queen of the Lab! ;)

:dance:
word count: 7

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Thank you for sharing Sherry! I enjoyed them very much! You definitely should continue and write more stories. Great job! :D Im sorry I didn't comment before, we've had family over and I haven't had much down time to visit the site.
word count: 44

Christina
Fan

Post by Christina »

[quote="omelette73"]Did you see this?
TJ and Tamara always seem to have so much fun on the show! LOL

How TJ & Tamara sit in their cast chairs on a hill on the #bones set! http://coll.ag/_Y7qYFko [quote]

That's something I would probably do lol .. The cuteness in the photo soo adorable :)

Thank you for posting up omelette73 :)
word count: 61

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Today I watched this fun video of TJ at the Dallas Fan Expo and had to share. Love him!!
https://youtu.be/IH48dDbVRO4
word count: 23