Favorite Hodgins Scenes

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Favorite Hodgins Scenes

Post by tjadmin »

I am in the process of creating clips for the new site, and I want to add some Bones clips. Now 11 seasons means there is A LOT to choose from and logically I cannot add every Hodgins scene he's ever done. So what I was looking for here is feedback about the scenes you all think are the scenes that you feel just HAVE to be part of any collection of clips. If you know the episode name or season that would be very helpful to include as well but if you don't that is okay, just be as descriptive as possible so I'll maybe be able to find it.

Thanks everyone! And by the way see how easy it is, you post here you get invited to the next chat whenever that will be! So you're being helpful AND getting something for it. ;-)

Steph I don't know if there is a similar thread to this already, there might be but I put it on its own so it'd be easier for me to follow and find the clips. Hope that is okay! :eusa-whistle:

Sharon
word count: 191

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Re: Favorite Hodgins Scenes

Post by SmackyKennedy »

Part 1 of ??

-Man in the Fallout Shelter: Decontamination shower. Duh.
-Two Bodies in the Lab: Any clips from where Hodgins gets to leave the lab and help Booth.
-Girl in Suite 2103: Man of odd enthusiasms.
-The Girl with the Curl: SWINGS. SWINGS.
-Aliens in a Spaceship: Basically take out all the scenes that he's not in and leave the rest, haha. "It's been a privilege" and the "I love Angela" and when he figures out where they are. The scene with Angela at the end where he's crying/not being able to sleep.
-Woman in the Sand: The "breakup" (I think it's in this episode)
-Girl in the Gator: The scene where he's depressed and talking on the phone while petting the alligator has always been hilarious to me.
-Proof in the Pudding: The scene where he was "vibrating" with excitement. "She never left his side." And the whole "I'm your guy." part. ~cries~
-The Witch in the Wardrobe: Wedding, of course.

--0ne of the few times TV made me cry was when Hodgins & Angela found out that something might be wrong with their baby.
-Talking to his brother--I think it was int he woods after he ran away??
-When he gets punched by Zack.
-"Harmless?! Harmless?! I'm malignant!...I know things that would curdle your blood, including a formula that actually curdles blood!"
-Page 137...cause, you know, it's a very good thing.
-Any interaction with Angela's dad. Lying in the desert or in the alley after discovering the tattoos comes to mind with a bonus of later, you tattooed my child?!
-Nunchucks!
-The 200th episode.
-I know there is some good, emotional stuff in the other gravedigger episodes.
-A "King of the Lab" montage with a bonus of King of the Funeral.
-Tea and Honey. When Michael is born and Angela tells him how great his voice is. *cries*
-When he chokes Pelant in the Cemetary. (S8)
-John Smith...dress up for the Wedding in S9.
"This is like the 3rd time i've been a murder suspect."
word count: 352
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Thanks Angela! I really appreciate it! Awesome suggestions! It is interesting how several of yours are the same as the things Sherry told me on Facebook but you also have a lot of others, so that is great. :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Just so everyone knows, I already have the "I'm not harmless" scene up there. It is the ONLY one though so keep the suggestions coming!
word count: 64

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

tjadmin wrote:

Steph I don't know if there is a similar thread to this already, there might be but I put it on its own so it'd be easier for me to follow and find the clips. Hope that is okay! :eusa-whistle:

Sharon
Somewhere or other, there is something similar. But no objections whatever, this is a fine idea and I will see if I can remember any of the material I love that Ang hasn't got pinned down already! :) Did she mention the Romeo and Juliet rose?
word count: 90
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Incidentally, Teresa posted a Best of Hodgins thread Dec 14 2012 and there's a very early 'jack and Angela - your favourite episode/scene by early member Victoria on August 4 2007. Might help!
word count: 34
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Just in case you want the info all in one place (and so you don't have to go searching for my message in Facebook, LOL), I'll post my notes here too, Sharon:

The "dirt" monologue is a must.

I'd definitely do "I shaved the truffle/boring dust" and "I am The Warrior" speech from Man in the Bear (because it's hilarious), and the famous "I'm not harmless" scene (because it's probably an expected one, plus if any supposed Hodgins fan doesn't know it, they should be fired, LOL).

Extra side note: awesome that you already have the "harmless" moment included, Sharon. :banana-dance:

Pretty much anything from Aliens in a Spaceship is a given for me, but most especially his speech about being in love with Angela, and the final scene where she comforts him, which I love so much. (And oh, thank you, Angela, for reminding me of the heart-wrenchingly wonderful moment when he says to Brennan, "It's been a privilege." Oh, that makes me weep every time! LOVE. IT. SOOOOOOO. MUCH.)

And Sharon knows that after Aliens in a Spaceship my personal favorite scene is from Blonde in the Game, in which Booth is pushing and pushing him for answers and Hodgins says, "I can't just guess! I have a process!" and Angela talks him down from the ledge. That's a great scene and a big favorite of mine because 1) TJ took my breath away, the way he played it so wonderfully angsty and distraught, and 2) I think in just those eight words it shows A LOT about Hodgins as a person and as a scientist (and of course the rest of the scene is a great early moment between Hodgins and Angela as well).

Off the top of my head, the other scenes I immediately think of:

1) Truth in the Lye when he's flirting with Angela while lying in the bathtub where the murder had taken place (LOL) - he's funny and very sexy
2) for a later season ep, I'd nominate the scene from Proof in the Pudding when he tells Brennan and Cam that he thinks the skeleton they're examining is JFK's. I love how worked up Tj plays it, and how Cam notices it first and says something like, "Hodgins, you're vibrating..." :D (Great minds think alike, Ang.)

Anyway, those are some of my votes. I'm sure there are too many to name (the Swing episode is a big one, of course, the contamination shower, and the Shrimp proposal, maybe?), but it will be interesting to see what everyone else suggests here in the forum.

Yay for awesome Hodgins scenes! :romance-smileyheart:
word count: 455

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Thanks Steph and Sherry! :handgestures-thumbup:
word count: 4

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

Well, well... I have a soft spot for episode 2x03 The boy in the shroud, the end scene, when Hodgins give the white rose to Angela, I guess this is the exact moment I fell in love with TJ's character.
Then, episode 4x18 The Science in the Physicist "Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions. You taught me that."
Every time he hugs Brennan! LOL
What about a collection of the all "king of the lab" moments?
The beautiful scene with Sweets episode 4x04 The Finger In The Nest, about "hating everyone" after he split up with Angela.
Episode 8x01 The Future in the Past, the scene with Pelant at the cemetery, very intense.
word count: 121

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Thanks Teresa! I like the King of the Lab video idea (which Angela also suggested) but right now I don't have time to comb through every episode to see if he says it or not. So while it might happen I'm pretty sure I won't get to it before we unveil the new site.

Also, I don't have season 9 or 10 so I'll definitely keep a record of any scenes from those seasons but they'll have to wait until I have access to the seasons to do the clips. But definitely keep telling any scene from any season, and I'll make sure they make it up eventually. :romance-smileyheart:

Making clips is not a short easy process and also I cannot use a lot of clips from one episode and they have to be fairly short so we don't get TJ in trouble with the copyright people at FOX! I will not use clips from YouTube from random accounts because we would have no control over when they are removed or edited.
word count: 179

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

When I finally finish my website and free up some time again, Sharon, we can resume our Bones watching from the beginning and maybe track all the times he says King of the Lab so that there's a list, not only for a potential combined video montage but also just for fun, to see how many times he does say it and why. :D

Teresa, those are great ones! I forgot about the "hating everyone" scene. That was a good one. "Did you get your degree on the internet? Let me see your diploma." Haaaaa.

The white rose scene is really beautiful, too. <3
word count: 104

monililica
Fan

Post by monililica »

My favorite Hodgins scenes is when Hodgins must steal back car for his father in law with Sweets :D
And this when he is wake up with tattoo from Angela's father :)
word count: 31

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Angela, what breakup do you mean when you said you think it is in The Woman in the Sand? The breakup as far as Angela/Hodgoins calling off their engagement was in Yanks in the UK so is that what you mean? Or a different scene?

word count: 46

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I was thinking of when Angela got spooked after they had their first date on the swings. She talking about how it if it's really good it could also end badly.
word count: 32
"I live, I breathe, I let it rain on me. I sleep, I wake, I try hard not to break. I crave, I love, I've waited long enough." ~Not Pretty Enough/Kasey Chambers

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

Oh! Okay. I'll put that scene on the list, that one is a good one. :)
word count: 16
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

SmackyKennedy
Bug Guy

Post by SmackyKennedy »

I've had season 5 running in the background while I'm working all day today and the Gamer in the Grease (5:9) just came on. I love how Hodgins and the guys are nerding out over Avatar throughout the episode & he has lots of great complicated lines in the episode. I'm particularly impressed by Hodgins speedtalking his way through his explanation to Cam so he can get to the movie line. It's at about minute 14 right after the "knee deep in larvae and dicondylicents" (something like that)

Oh and then when he's working in the tank top and Angie discovers his tattoo. hehehe.

And there's a quick King of the Lab around 35:45 when he gets real excited about peacock poop. :dance:
word count: 129

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Breakdown of the number of scenes per season suggested (plus a few I added that I like). For a total of 30 as of this post. :)

S1 5
S2 9
S3 0
S4 3
S5 6
S6 2
S7 0
S8 1
S9 2
S10 2
S11 0
word count: 48

omelette73
Super Fan

Post by omelette73 »

Sinkwriter72 wrote:
Teresa, those are great ones! I forgot about the "hating everyone" scene. That was a good one. "Did you get your degree on the internet? Let me see your diploma." Haaaaa.
The white rose scene is really beautiful, too. <3
Sure I did! A degree "honoris causa" :P

By the way there is a funny scene between Hodgins and Sweets, from the beginning in the end, if I remember well, where Sweets helps Hodgins to steal Angela's father car back from some bikers or the one in which he opens his eyes in the middle of a desert (Lost style) and got a tattoo from Angela's dad again :)
word count: 111

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Those are on the list already Teresa because our new user monililica suggested both of those as well (though her post just got approved so it might not have been visible when you posted).

Keep the suggestions coming! I'm going to TRY to work on getting some of these cut up and put up on the new site today.
word count: 60

emi13
Fan

Post by emi13 »

The scene in Season 9 Episode 8 "The Dude in the Dam" where Hodgins gives birth to the bot fly! I laughed so much during that episode! XD
word count: 28
Dr. Jack Hodgins: Up and forward are only two directions. Science should look in all directions.

tjadmin
Site Admin
Mood:

Post by tjadmin »

Thanks Emi! I was just talking about that one a couple of nights ago! :smile:

Still need more!
word count: 17