Who else could be our cast?

Discussion of TJ's most popular venture to date!
Sculder1013
Super Fan

Who else could be our cast?

Post by Sculder1013 »

I was just sat reading through random movie trivia and found some really interesting facts such as Macauley Culkin was almost Jack in Titanic before Leonardo DiCaprio was cast. And LOADS of actors were nearly Ivan Drago in Rocky 4 before Dolph Lundgren was cast. Such fun facts to read.

And I was thinking...

If our Bones cast wasn't who it is now, who else could you see playing those roles?

I mean personally I am finding it hard to imagine ANYONE other than the awesome cast we already have. What do you all think?
word count: 96

peppernights
Fan

Re: Who else could be our cast?

Post by peppernights »

Same..it would be SO hard to imagine anyone else playing those characters after 11 years.
I remember HH saying basically no one would like Brennan if it wasn't for how ED played her. (And this is 100% true, at least up to s6. I don't know if anyone even likes Brennan as a character now hahaha.)

I also remember reading that there was another actress DB wanted for the role. And that's why he challenged Emily during the audition. But I always forget her name. She's blonde tho and I have trouble imagining a blonde Brennan.

I honestly wouldn't replace anyone. Maybe this could be a useful topic for the characters who haven't been casted yet. Like who would you like to see as Angela's mother?
(assuming she exists.)
I never really liked the casting of Booth's mother. I mean the actress is great, but she looks more like ED than DB. It's almost like Booth fell in love with a younger version of his mother and this freaks me out a bit. hahahah.
I wasn't really conviced with the casting of Hodgins' brother either. Don't think him and TJ look alike.
word count: 204

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

peppernights wrote: I wasn't really conviced with the casting of Hodgins' brother either. Don't think him and TJ look alike.
That's funny because I think as far as TV casting goes, he was close enough. You know how absurd they can be with sibling casting in TV. But just today I said to someone that no he didn't not look like one of TJ's brothers but at least they got the basics right. ;-) Plus I thought the guy did a good job in the show and it was one of those rare episodes where TJ actually had something to DO so I mostly look on the whole thing as a positive. Maybe that is why it worked for me. :P

As far as casting other people, to me that is always a hard thing because I think LOTS of actors probably could play the parts, and if they were the actors you first saw and you enjoy the show, then you aren't going to be able to imagine anyone else in the part.
word count: 178
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

Well of course, the actor was good in the part and I loved Hodgins/that ep for the same reasons as you, I was just talking about physicality ;-)
word count: 28

Sculder1013
Super Fan

Post by Sculder1013 »

Its like Doctor Who though isnt it. The Doctor you see first is always YOUR Doctor... and you cant imagine anyone else being better... and then the actor changes and the new guy does superbly.

Its mad.
word count: 37

peppernights
Fan

Post by peppernights »

I watch it. But it's probably the only show where the regenerating process makes sense and so does the constant new cast. But on shows that are not sci-fi, it's so difficult to replace people. I already have trouble with children (although I am aware of the fact you can't keep the same children on a set for more than a tot of months..), let alone adults LOL that's why I am not a fan of soaps..The more a show is believable, the more I relate to the cast and get attached to the characters.
(Eg: My main reason for loving Bones so much is the team.)
word count: 113