aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 13

Callieach
Fan

Re: The Card Calendar

Post by Callieach »

I know I've said this about a million times already, but
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, WILL!!!!!

Steph, thanks for asking, my exams were a complete and utter failure. They were harder than I was expecting and I was fighting off the cold to end all colds, so I was having a hard time remembering even what my name was, let alone how to find the final concentration of a solution given it's volume and other equally useless crap. Time will tell, though, I suppose. I get my marks in a few days.
word count: 92
xox.

"I am not a party trick!"

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I sympathise deeply and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's less dire than you think. It is awful being ill when you're doing exams. Over the last 2 weeks I have seen some of my 15-16-year-olds suffering like no adolescent should have to, either through illness or sheer terror. I guess maybe I shouldn't complain so much about the exam marking - at least I'm not having to do the darn things!
word count: 80
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

bonesaddict11
Super Fan

Post by bonesaddict11 »

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
happy Birthday dear WILL,
happy birthday to YOU!!!!!!
And many more!
:mrgreen:
word count: 19

late_heart
Fan

Post by late_heart »

Happy Birthday, Paula!!! I'm cooking up a little graphic joy for you over on LJ... and hope your day was fabulous!
word count: 22
...he remains Hodgins of the unstoppable libido, with the constantly coiling Kundalini, the freaky twist of mystic master meets geekzilla. He’s still a poet, a shaman of the weird, and he’s in there, somewhere...

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

To Dear TJ from all your friends here:

HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER!

those hallucinatory sore throats, we've all had 'em...sending cyberhugs and kisses..
lots of love,
Steph xxx
word count: 31

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Very well put, Steph. And I second that wish.

Take care of yourself, TJ, and feel better very soon! :D

~ Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 22

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

Aww TJ! Sending sunshine, happy thoughts, and blessings your way!
Feel better dear one :)

Anna
(XrayVixen)
word count: 16
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Need I remind anyone of the date?

A VERY HAPPY VALENTINE'S TO YOU TJ! WE LOVE YOU!

word count: 18

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

So... on this day of all days, sometimes it's difficult, because if you're not coupled up, you tend to feel a bit left out of the 'holiday.' A little lonely.

I was about to remark upon the fact that I have no man in my life right now. That's not exactly true. While I may not have a romantic relationship at this time, I do have many fantastic men in my life: my father, my brother, my nephew, my relatives, and my best friend. All very special people to me, each in their own ways. All good men. (Okay, my nephew's only four-years-old so not exactly a man just yet, but you get my point. *GRIN*) And I treasure each one of them for their roles in my life.

I also have this dear friend, one of my best friends actually, and one year out of the blue she sent me the most magnificent email, talking about how this day shouldn't be celebrated simply for romantic love but also enjoyed as a good reminder of how much we love and care for ALL the wonderful people in our lives. She went on to express some marvelous things that she loved about me, generous words that moved me to tears. I've never forgotten that, and ever since then -- no matter where we are in our lives or whom we are (or are not) with -- we try to send each other a note or email or phone call of friendship and love and encouragement on this sentimental holiday.

In that spirit, I want to do that for all of you today.

TJ Fan Friends -- you've been such entertaining and kind-hearted online friends, and you've welcomed me into your lives in small but loving ways. Each one of you are lovely, intelligent, funny, beautiful people, and you are worthy of great love, care, compassion, nurturing, respect and joy. I celebrate each one of you today!

M Team -- you are working so hard, and you've included all of us with such patience and kindness. I don't know what else you do with your days, but I imagine it's a challenge to find time for all of it and do this. Thank you for listening to us here on the site, and thank you for being so freaking funny and energetic. You are loved!

And TJ -- you inspire and impress me, not only with your talent which is unquestionable, but also with the remarkable way you present yourself, especially unique in a world where many would rather choose to be negative or dismissive and full of arrogant attitude. You are respectful and professional, you are generous with your time and attention (especially with all of us nutty people, which is really impressive, hahaha), you are loving and sweet, you are wacky and hilarious (something I appreciate very much), and -- something we ALL appreciate, heh -- you are one hell of a hot, sexy guy. :D I can't wait to see what you do next! Thank you for giving us such a fun message today. It was a great treat. You too are loved!

One quick thing... there's this really twisted yet laugh-out-loud-funny e-card on Hallmark's site right now. I obviously can't email it to each one of you (especially since I don't know your personal email addresses, ha!), so all I can do is give you the link and tell you to click on the "Hoops & Yo-Yo" one labelled "I Love You!" Once it loads on your screen, click to play the card. It's hilarious. A bit insane, but really hilarious. I hope you're able to access it, and I REALLY hope it makes you all laugh.

Here's the link: Out of control, wacky Hallmark card on 'How to say I love you'

And a final message to each and every one of you:
HAPPY LOVE DAY to you all!

Warmest Regards,
Sherry
aka Sinkwriter72
word count: 675

XrayVixen
Fan

Post by XrayVixen »

Thanks, Sherry, for your beautiful sentiments! I really hope your day has been blessed in a very special way!
I've always felt that we're never really alone when we have such wonderful people in our lives (friends and family, be they physical or cyber) to love and be loved in return~ unconditionally! Pets count too :)

Happy Valentine's Day Y'all! Ha ha, I can say "y'all" and get away with it because I'm from TN! :mrgreen:
word count: 80
"I always wanted to be somebody, but I should have been more specific." -- Lily Tomlin

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Hey Everybody!
I know that this is so late it's pretty much insane, and your probably all glaring at me for not having come on sooner :wink:, but life has been pretty all over the place just lately and whilst I have been online I just haven't been as active as I would have loved to have been (this happens regularly with me, you'll get used to it) and unfortunately this has been on of the places where I've hardly been near just lately *pouts*. Nevertheless I’m here, and determined to catch up and start being active again (yeah I say that a lot, again you’ll get used to it :wink:) and firstly wanted to come and say A HUGE THANK YOU TO EVERYBODY FOR THE WONDERFUL BIRTHDAY WISHES . It really does make a girl feel loved. I'm also bummed that I never came to wish TJ get well wishes, especially as he's actually been over here now (WOW!) but he can be assured that I'm always wishing him the best. Finally I hope everybody had a HAPPY VALENTINES DAY whether you be loved up to the eye balls, or frolicking in singleville.

Again thanks very much guy!

*hugs*
Wil xx
word count: 208
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey sweetie!
Hope you had a fantabulous birthday. Now a couple of serious sentiments for everyone to be bored by.
willowwood wrote:(this happens regularly with me, you'll get used to it)
Of course it does. It happens to us all. So there is no need to get the least guilty about it. I'm on here every five minutes apologising for work being so heavy that I can't be on every 3 minutes, and believe me when I say I know that's stupid! And it might be work, or a family crisis, or illness, or depression, or a failed relationship, or a bereavement, or a birth, or any of the things that we have because we have a life outside these 'walls', but the fact is that sometimes other things need to take precedence.
I'm very aware of this because the very small support site I help run elsewhere is, of its very nature, a platform where people come and go as they pass through difficult periods in their lives. The point is that, when they need us, we are there, because we're friends.
Here it's different because we come to celebrate and not specifically to support (though heaven knows I couldn't do this mod job without the fantastic support of every last one of you), but if any of us are necessarily out of it for a bit I hope we still come back to hugs and welcomes and understanding and no need to apologise.
So will, big *hug*, it's great to have you back whenever you can drop round. Like everyone else here, you are valued. By TJ of course - he tells us all the time - but by the rest of us too! Take care now, have a great day.
Steph :D
word count: 302

willowwood
Fan

Post by willowwood »

Hey Steph *hugs*

I know it’s silly to feel guilty for being away from the internet due to having to go to work and indulging in things such as the gym, after all we have to have money to live right? And as they say a healthy body is a healthy mind...or something like that. Anyway I’m always like this (just ask Callieach) I come online, end up disappearing for a few weeks, come back apologise profusely for not having been on and promise that it won’t happen again, and then with in a week I'm no where to be seen again *heads desk*. I just didn’t want anybody thinking that I’d disappeared for a specific reason or that I was ungrateful for all the birthday wishes everybody was kind enough to send me. I’m always well aware of the fact that I’ll always be welcomed here with open arms, and I’m very thankful for that. Me feeling guilty, and apologising for being away was just me being a spaz as always (you’ll get used to that as well lmao =D)
word count: 192
Wil xxx

Bugs_n_Slime (A community for fans of Jack Hodgins)

catylin
Fan

Post by catylin »

wow...all the sweet sentiments just made me all teary eyed...and why does it seem this happens when you are either completely alone or surrounded by a million and one strangers lol. Thank you all so much for the sweet words and your honest and amazing perspective. I feel blessed having you all come into my life and know that when I need advice or just a place to talk to someone (not only about our obvious idol) but about any and everything life cares to offer. if anyone has seen or listened to the musical wicked there is a song in there called for good and when I was moving away from home it made me realize just how many wonderful people come into our lives, even if just for a short time and since you are all wonderful people I thought I might share it with you...

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who
help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return and we are led to those who help us most to grow if we let
them and we help them in return now I don't know if I believe that that is true but I know I'm who I am today because I knew
you... like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun, like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood...
who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you I have been changed for good
It well may be that we will never meet again in this lifetime so let me say before we part: so much of me is what I have
learned from you you'll be with me, like a handprint on my heart now whatever way our stories may end I know you have
rewritten mine by being my friend... Like a ship blown from it's mooring by a wind off the sea like a seed dropped by a
skybird in a distant wood who can say if I've been changed for the better? But because I knew you... I have been changed for
good
because I knew you I have been changed for good,
Like a comet pulled from orbit as it passes the sun, like a stream that meets a boulder halfway through the wood
Like a ship blown off it's mooring by a wind off the sea, like a seed dropped by a skybird in the wood
Who's to say if I've been changed for the better?
because I knew you,
because I knew you
I have been changed for good...

lotsa love and hugs and kisses to you all<3
word count: 480

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Thanks for the lovely sentiment, Sweetie. Yes, you'll find that we're a really awesome group of people here, if I do say so myself!
word count: 26
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Excellent choice of lyrics, Catylin. It's a great show. In fact, I think if Kimber finds time to stop by this thread, she'll be delighted by your choice because she's a huge Idina Menzel fan (Elphaba from Wicked). Have you seen the show? I went with some colleagues once, but some of them weren't regular theatregoers and didn't want to pay for decent tickets, so -- I kid you not -- we were in the LAST freakin' row (all the way up in the balcony nose-bleed seats). One of these days, I'm going back to see it again, if for no other reason than to, you know, experience the show in a seat where you can actually see the actors' facial expressions. :mrgreen:

At any rate, thank you for the beautiful sentiment. Thank you also to Anna -- I send you a hug! :D
word count: 146

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi! I know that it is only in the UK we are celebrating Mothers' Day today, but I would like to take this opportunity to wish every mother on this site a very happy day, because your kids are so lucky to have such intelligent, loving, caring and discerning parents.

And equal admiration to all the wonderful kids and aunties we have here
!

HAPPY MOTHERS' DAY!

word count: 66

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

Well then, Happy Mother's Day to you, Steph! (and to Eileen too if she's lurking here somewhere). I hope your family is doing something special for you and that you don't have to spend any time on school work (ugh!).

Rebecca
word count: 44
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich