The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: The Introduce Yourself Thread - Hello everyone!

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hey Jing! Welcome! :text-welcomewave: :happy-cheerleaderkid:
I see you posted here twice. Were you worried you hadn't done it right the first time? Don't worry. On this board one of the ways we keep spam free is subjecting people's first 5 posts to approval before they go on the threads. So basically your posts were in a kind of limbo till I approved and liberated them earlier today.
It's great to see you. Do post more. :text-welcomeconfetti:
word count: 77
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Hello and welcome Jing!! :D
word count: 4
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Consuelo
Fan
Mood:

Post by Consuelo »

Welcome :) and have fun
word count: 4
Jack hodgins Is the king of the lab:

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:text-welcomeconfetti: :text-welcomewave: So glad you have joined jing, and it was fun talking to you on twitter last night! I'm Sharon by the way. I hope you'll jump in and check out the rest of the site and post some more. The people here are really friendly and awesome. As you would expect from TJ fans.
word count: 56
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:text-welcomewave: Jing!
word count: 1
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

sherylrdh1
Fan

Post by sherylrdh1 »

Hello,
Sadly we'll say good bye to Bones tonight but when one door closes, another opens so the best is yet to come! Here's to friendship, happiness and love.
I'll for sure miss seeing the KING OF THE LAB!
word count: 42

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Huge WELCOME :text-welcomewave: to you, Sheryl.
You come back at such an exciting time - revamped site and new horizons for TJ! Keep visiting, there is loads to enjoy!
word count: 27

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

:text-welcomewave: Sheryl!
word count: 1
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Xbecca32
Fan

Post by Xbecca32 »

Hey everyone, just wanted to stop by and say Hi! I'm new to the site so please bare with me while I find my way around! :) I recently met T.J at the Wales comic con! He was amazing, I will try to find the correct place to post my story of meeting him, like I said, bare with me lol. But thank you for accepting me to your wonderful site. I look forward to chatting with you! :)

Becca.
word count: 80

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

:text-welcomewave: Hi Becca! Really happy to have you join us!

word count: 9
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Welcome, Becca! We look forward to hearing about your Wales con experience, meeting TJ. Let us know if you have any questions, as you make your way through the new site and in the threads here in the forum. :text-welcomewave:
word count: 39
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Hello everyone,

my name is Daniela from Cologne/Germany. After visiting the site for a while already, I finally registered here. (Amazing site btw, I love all the details and the content).
Past weekend I had the chance to see T.J. for the very first time at the ComicCon in Frankfurt, which was "the impossible dream" for about 12 years to me. I can´t believe his kindhearted personality that made each Fan very welcome and appreciated.

It´s really cool to meet other Fans here. :) If you´d like to know something, feel free to ask :)
word count: 98
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Hello everyone,

this is Daniela from Cologne, Germany. For some reason the post didn´t work for me yesterday, so I try again. I visit the site already for a longer time and love all the stuff and Details about T.J.! Past weekend I had the opportunity to meet him at the ComicCon Frankfurt for the very first time, something I never dared to hope in the past 12 years. Honestly, I can´t believe his kindhearted, open minded personality to strangers that made me and everyone else welcome and appreciated. I will treasure this day in best memory for good!

I hope to meet more Fans here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. :)
word count: 118

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Daniela, and a huge Willkommen! It's so great to see a new member posting.
The reason your first post didn't appear instantly is because it has to be approved by me as moderator (that's the case with the first five, it's a security arrangement which has always worked well). If you have a quick glance at the rules at the top of the page it will reassure you.
Everyone is absolutely lovely here, it's one of the best forums I've seen, and the rest of the site is fantastic. Really hope you enjoy exploring it all - see you soon!
Steph x
word count: 108

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:text-welcomewave: Welcome, Daniela! So glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience at the convention and with meeting TJ. (Of course, we expect no less. TJ is such a good guy, always so positive.)

If you'd like to share, what was your day like at the convention? What types of things did you get to do? Did TJ speak publicly to a room full of people, or was it just a signing and photograph sort of experience?

Sherry
a.k.a. Sinkwriter
word count: 83
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Thank you both for the nice welcome. I´ve seen the notification about the post approval after my second try, Steph. The first time my browser shut down right after posting for whatever reason. Sorry for any inconvinience. It´s totally fine and a senseful rule.

Yes, sure Sherry, I´d love to share a little summary about the day. :) Shall I post it under the ComicCon Frankfurt thread?
word count: 69

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Hi Daniela! So so pleased to see you again. At this rate you'll be through your 'probationary' period in no time! Let me stress that you are not, and never could, cause or be an 'inconvenience'. New arrivals and another chance to talk about all things TJ-related are a delight to us.
Please do write a summary of your meeting with TJ in the German ComicCon thread. I'll be desperately jealous, as I had to miss the chance to see him a few miles away from where I am, but it would be lovely to read another account. And feel free to post anywhere else you like. Or we could talk on the ChatBox if you arrange a particular time to be around. I'm in awe of your English, but all our European friends here seem to have a mastery of our language which remains frustratingly unreciprocated and in many cases unappreciated elsewhere (hier bestimmt nicht, bin doch Deutschlehrerin!).
word count: 163

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

Alright, I will post my summary in the ComicCon area then. I am sorry to hear that you wasn´t able to see him but I am sure there will be another opportunity. Patience is always the worst enemy in that case! Don´t give up on it, I always called it the "impossible dream" myself until past saturday.
Du bist Deutsch Lehrerin? Das ist cool! :) Thanks for your compliment about my english but I still struggle with grammar often enough. It´s just easier to correct it when you write instead of when you speak. ;)
What exactly is the chat box? I am still trying to become familiar with the board. Is it a Thread? I am mostly online during the evening between 9-10 german time or even a bit earlier if you want me to. During the day it´s sadly not often possible.
word count: 147

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

Hello Daniela, I am not sure if a "welcome" from me is the right word, as I haven't posted anything in years and haven't been much around at all - just read some things sometimes.But I remember that is really a nice community with lovely people. I think you will love it here.
I am way behind with Bones (season 9 was the last I saw). But I see it positive. I really have plenty of things to look forward to.
The chatbox is the frist "Thread" - ganz oben, bevor das TJ Forum mit Bones, Welcome etc. beginnt. When more people are online at the same time, you can have a little "live" Chat if I remember it right :)
word count: 121

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Genau!
Thank you Lonia, I was just about to tell Daniela that myself. Can I say how great it is that you are back posting?
You are very lucky still to be watching earlier seasons. I will miss regular Bones a great deal.
word count: 43