Disaster and aftermath

New arrivals, including the hello threads and the sofa.
ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Disaster and aftermath

Post by ThyneAlone »

I hate having to come on here.
Heartfelt condolences to everyone who has been bereaved and horrified empathy to all who are feeling frightened in Germany today. The world is not a good place to live at the moment. To all our valued and beloved German friends - keep safe. :(
word count: 49
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I want to say how deeply devastated we all are by the barbaric act which targeted a pop concert in Manchester and killed and injured so many with a suicide bomb. Particular thoughts and prayers go out to the members of our TJ family who live anywhere near to the horrific events of last night - I'm not far away myself but I know others are nearer. Heartfelt thanks also to any of you who were among the wonderful people from the community and all round who came to help out.
I don't know how to express what I feel.
word count: 101

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Well said, Steph. As I said to Sharon last night, there are no words for something like this. It's just unimaginably horrible and wrong.
word count: 25

TJ4ever
King of the Lab

Post by TJ4ever »

When I heard this morning I thought about you, Steph. It's so sad that there are people doing such things. It's really horrible and wrong!
word count: 27
Angela: Well, what about love? What do you have to say about love?
Hodgins: It´s overrated-most of the time :-)

Dexter: They make it look so easy-connecting with another human being. It's like no one told them it's the hardest thing in the world.

Lonia
Super Fan

Post by Lonia »

I also heard it on the news this morning. This is so horrible. How can human beings be so cruel? So many bad news from everywhere lately. I really don't have the right words for this.
word count: 37

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I was shocked and paralyzed by sadness when I heard about Manchester this morning. Music brings joy and happiness to people. I guess the event was picked because of that. Music is life and that´s what they want to destroy. I love going to concerts myself but I can´t even imagine the horror. Also I can´t imagine loosing a friend or family member this way. I just don´t understand how a human being can have so much hate for other humans. In the end we´re all the same. My thoughts were with the victims, their family, friends and also Ariana Grande the whole time. This is such a nightmare.
word count: 114
"My life turned around but I´m still living my dreams" - Anastacia

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Only one week has gone by since the Manchester incident, and now I'm hearing reports of two terrorist acts taking place in London. There are no words, there are never any words for these kinds of horror. All I can say is that I hope all of our TJ fans and friends are safe, and that your families are safe. My thoughts are with you.

:romance-heart: :cry:
word count: 66

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

It is really awful. The time between those attacks becomes more and more limited. 3 attacks in 3 month, 5 negate attacks in the past year in the UK. Not to mention France who got hit hard multiple times as well. Sometimes I don´t even dare to tune in the radio in the morning anymore. We are all humans, so how can there be such a huge desire to kill your own species just because of a different world view? We´re one species but also individuals. Instead of hate for what we don´t understand, we urgently need acceptance for one another. This senseless hate makes me so sad.
word count: 111

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Honestly -no words.
word count: 3

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:romance-grouphug:
word count: 0

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Barcelona - our thoughts are with you.
word count: 6

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

:sad: Barcelona friends, there are no good words. Hugs and love to you.
word count: 12

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Sharon, I know the hurricane is not happening particularly near you, but are you and your family/friends ok? :sad:
word count: 19

skftex
TJ Team Validator

Post by skftex »

It is a very long way from me, and we haven't even had any rain. So all is well here. My brother lives just north of San Antonio and he said they had a lot of rain but all was good. Thanks for asking. Things are very, very bad down on the Gulf Coast though, from Corpus Christi all the way into Louisiana I think they are dealing with rains and the fact that the storm is hovering a bit. Houston is flooding pretty badly. :(
word count: 86
Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.-Camille Pissarro

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I don´t know where everyone exactly comes from but I hope that if someone is affected by the hurricanes in any way, that you all stay save. It´s even all over the news in Germany. USA, Mexiko, the Carribean. My thoughts go out to everyone affected. It has to be a nightmare to loose a home that way.
word count: 60

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

Thank you Daniela! I'm in Florida waiting on Irma to get here. Right now my kids, dog and I are staying with my boyfriend and his family in the middle of the state because I'm afraid that my own house isn't strong enough to keep the winds and water out. We have all of our hurricane supplies and we have all of the windows boarded up, just waiting for this to be over (and it hasn't even really gotten here yet!). I'm more worried about tornadoes because they're so unpredictable and we're going to be on the east side of the storm where they are more likely. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that that I don't have to experience my first tornado. We are hunkering down and hoping that anyone else affected by the storms are staying safe too. :)
word count: 148
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I´ll cross fingers for you at your current stay and your house. Its route changed a bit, I don´t know if it is good or bad for you. Also fingers crossed that no tornado or too heavy water masses will come up afterwards.
word count: 45

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

I keep seeing reports for all of Florida and the terrible Hurricane Irma weather - Kathy, Angela, anyone else out there, I hope you and your friends and families are okay. Stay safe!!

<3
word count: 33

stargazer
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by stargazer »

So the storm has finally passed and we can relax again. The worst part of hurricane Irma passed over us last night in the middle of the night so it was difficult trying to sleep. It ended up shifting back to the east where the eye was closer than was comfortable. Surprisingly, the power flickered several times but never went out so at least we still have AC, unlike MANY people here. I'm still at my boyfriend's house because I learned from my neighbors that my own house has no power. Luckily, we avoided damage other than a few broken tree branches and a blown over fence panel. We were extremely lucky compared to other areas of Florida and of course Texas. My thoughts are still with the others still dealing with these storms.
word count: 136
"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars." ~Brian Littrell

Daniela
Super Fan

Post by Daniela »

I am glad to hear that you´re okay and nothing too bad happened. You had a lot of luck indeed. A friend of mine is still without electricity and probably will be until tomorrow. Let´s hope that everyone else is save too.
word count: 44