Speculation (non-spoiler)

saburcat
Fan

Speculation (non-spoiler)

Post by saburcat »

Hey, I know it's a little early, but I was thinking maybe we could do an "anticipation" thread for when the new season starts. Since I'm avoiding the "spoilers" thread, I thought maybe we could have one where we talk about what might be in the next episode to air. Once they start running commercials for the first show, we can maybe talk about what we think is coming up in the next one, without having actual spoilers. It would probably be a small group of us, since it seems most of you read the sides (looky, looky, I'm using the lingo!). I don't know, maybe it sounds stupid, but I just remember that the anticipation one episode left and how my friends and I would speculate on what would happen. Sometimes we would bet on who would be right (we did this a lot with Friends).

Also, and this is totally off topic, but whenever I use, see or type the word "anticipation" I see Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in Rocky Horror Picture Show ("antici.........pation"). I know, I'm an idiot. :roll:

Weez
word count: 191
Imagination is more important than knowledge ~Einstein
But without knowledge, what kind of imagination will you have? ~me

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Anticipation

Post by begolden »

saburcat wrote:Hey, I know it's a little early, but I was thinking maybe we could do an "anticipation" thread for when the new season starts. Since I'm avoiding the "spoilers" thread, I thought maybe we could have one where we talk about what might be in the next episode to air.
Great idea for a thread, Weez! This could also be where we talk about what we would like to see happen in future episodes. That's a form of antici.....pation!--right?
saburcat wrote:Also, and this is totally off topic, but whenever I use, see or type the word "anticipation" I see Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in Rocky Horror Picture Show ("antici.........pation"). I know, I'm an idiot. :roll:
Well, all I can say to that is...
toucha toucha toucha touch meeee, I want to feel diiiirty...
(Sorry, not exactly a G rated quote, but it was the first one that came to mind :D
word count: 162
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

KimberHodgela
Super Fan

Re: Anticipation

Post by KimberHodgela »

begolden wrote:
saburcat wrote:Also, and this is totally off topic, but whenever I use, see or type the word "anticipation" I see Tim Curry as Dr. Frank-N-Furter in Rocky Horror Picture Show ("antici.........pation"). I know, I'm an idiot. :roll:
Well, all I can say to that is...
toucha toucha toucha touch meeee, I want to feel diiiirty...
(Sorry, not exactly a G rated quote, but it was the first one that came to mind :D
Pardon the out-of-touch-with-reality bit here, but I've actually never seen Rocky Horror Picture Show! I have, however, seen Amber Benson do the Creature of the Night song, so your little quote there, Rebecca, makes me giggle a little!

No spoilers this time 'round, eh Weez? That's cool. I'm not hyped up about spoilers yet, and haven't really put much effort into reading the sides over at the spoiler page. But I still do know what's going to happen, so ... guess I am spoiled!

What I'd like to see this season? Um, Jack and Angela getting some eternal happiness! That's what! :) I just wish for the writers to deal with the marriage thing, and then leave our couple to be cutesy and giggly in the lab together. Also, on a non-Hodgela front, I'd like to see some more Cam storylines, and also see Zack fall in love!
word count: 237

Y Ddraig Coch
Fan

Post by Y Ddraig Coch »

Well that is the first time I have lost a post on this site and was very disappointed!!!!It happens all the time at TV.Com.

So you haven't seen The Rocky Horror Show K.I must know all the dialogue and songs,and Tim certainly does have a way with words especially that one :lol: In my defence -apart from being a Tim and Meatloaf fan-I had at that time a teenager who was really into this show,even saw it on stage,so I watched it quite a lot.
word count: 92

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

I've not seen it either, so Kimber is not alone here. Still, you do get to a stage where you 'know' bits of it, as happens with many iconic shows.
word count: 31

sapphiresilt
Fan

Post by sapphiresilt »

Sadly, I've not seen it either. It was extremely popular when I was in high school, but I think I was always too intimidated to go see it. I was never one to "let my hair down" and have a rip-roaring time, especially in those days!!
word count: 48

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

OK, I'm bumping this thread because now Bones sides have come to a standstill, thanks to the writers' strike, we are all in the same boat - anticipating. Now I've finally moved this topic over to the Anticipation forum we'll maintain one thread here for Spoilers and (this) one for those who prefer to remain unspoiled. And not just for Bones, obviously (I want to apologise btw to those of you who visit the Bones forum; of necessity most of what's in there consists of spoilers for many of you, because we are reviewing after a US showing, and I forgot to mention it).

So, assuming you have intentionally heard very little about it, which direction do you think the show will take in season 3? I would be very pleased if Hodgins proved to be instrumental in catching the Gravedigger, even though there are a lot of other things going on. I also want to see his (probably quite small collection of probably fairly distant, but powerful) relatives, and Angela's husband giving her a divorce so the couple can move on and start to plan for the future. Do you think Angela and Hodgins would want kids? I have my doubts about Angela. Free spirit and influenced anyway by the iron logic that is still Brennan's. And did Jack have a childhood that might make him interested in children, or is he too focused on his career?

Lots still to think about!
word count: 248
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I think Angela is at the point now where she does want kids, and that has a lot to do with the stability she feels with Jack. I mentioned before that during their little scene in "Santa in the Slush," Angela talks about family traditions, and how she wants to continue those traditions with Jack, as her new family. To me, that was a hint that she sees herself starting a family with Jack--a family that would naturally include children. It will be interesting to see if that's addressed in "Baby in the Bough," although I know from the press release that much of that episode will focus on Brennan's maternal instincts.
word count: 115

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Re: Anticipation (non-spoiler)

Post by ThyneAlone »

Nevertheless, putting a baby into such unusual circumstances is surely a good time for all the characters to show how/if they relate to a child and for Angela to be obliged to think about the different things that she and Hodgins really mean by 'family'. They both seem to have odd and slightly distant family experiences. Angela is an only child as far as we know, though I guess she might have half-siblings somewhere, with a strong attachment to a father she sees only rarely; Hodgins seems to have been at odds in some way with his own family, probably because of his choice to go and take up a profession instead of donning the family financial magnate mantle. We know nothing about brothers or sisters, but in 'Aliens in a Spaceship' he does say he's the only one of the immediate family left - what happened to everyone else? Death, accidental or engineered? Disappearance? We do know that he has other relatives; he shows considerable disdain for the 'cousin with the bad rug' who works for the government.

Still, with these weird backgrounds, how are Jack and Angela going to react to the idea of babies? I would like to see this writers' strike end so that this can play out!!!
word count: 214

sofilps
Super Fan

Re: Speculation (non-spoiler)

Post by sofilps »

Mhmmh interesting, "Baby in the Bough" definitely will be a funny episode with the baby installment, besides being focused on Brennan and her relationship with the baby, I think that it will bring this question of childrens to Jack/Angela ... well at least that's what I hope! :P
Also, Jack and Angela might be in charge of the baby during Brennan and Booth trip to the mom's town or something like that...I can see Jack doing funny faces and Angela stopping him so that the baby doesn't get scared :lol:
word count: 92
~ s o f i

pib
Fan

Bones Season 4

Post by pib »

:mrgreen: I am so excited for the 4 season omg its going to be so good. B and B apparently go to the uk and all the other squints stay back in dc; why I dont know, but I can't wait to see what happens in the uk. and Booth's family is supposed to be in season 4, what do you guys think will happen in the uk?
word count: 69

Tara
Fan

Re: season 4

Post by Tara »

There's more giddy anticipation in the spoiler forum based on the titbits revealed by casting sides if you want to check out those threads too, but wish fulfillment? I am really hoping we see Jack and Angela finally get a date set for a second wedding. Personally, I'm thinking Vegas and an Elvis Impersonator. But who knows? Just so the Grayson stuff that got left hanging in series 3 gets a proper story in series 4.

And I really want to see how Jack deals with what happened with Zack in series 3... Not necessarily looking for soul- crushing guilt and angst (that would be a little too 15 year old girl fanfic-y for me), but just real exploration of how someone recovers from that kind of loss. The three of them--Jack, Zack and Angela--were very much the Three Musketeers, and it's got to majorly affect how they work. I mean, we already know from those months where Brennan never left the lab while Zack was in Iraq how she deals with losing her right arm like that... But now there's all the emotional turmoil as well, because they've lost a friend.

(I have a very amusing mental image of Sweets trying to talk the squints into group therapy. But that's pure spec--no basis in fact)

I heard about the UK B&B stuff, and all I can think is "I bet it will be all very It Happened One Night" (in the best ways). But oh oh oh I hope we get Gordon Gordon back!!! I just watched the second series of Kingdom and it broke my heart--so I want some happy Booth and Dr Wyatt scenes! And if Booth tries to order a coffee in London, it will be pure comedy gold.

(Unless he's in a good hotel/cafe. Otherwise he'll get Nescafe. And it would be EPIC PAYBACK for all the Liptons orange pekoe of evil teabags and lukewarm water you get when you order hot tea here.)
word count: 344
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

pib
Fan

Re: season 4

Post by pib »

i love it so cool thanks I would do anything to see sweets and the squints in therpy sessions with b and b that would be so funny with max and ross to halarious
word count: 34

English Al
Fan

Series 4 Airdate

Post by English Al »

haven't read any of the other threads so I apologise if its elsewhere, but do we know the airdate for series 4 of Bones yet?
word count: 26

Tara
Fan

Re: Series 4 Airdate

Post by Tara »

Fox's press release says September 3rd.
word count: 7
In a world full of Uma Thurmans, everyone has an inner Janine Garafolo who needs to be taken out dancing every once in a while.

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

That's not that long then. They must be close to finishing the filming, unless they film while the earlier eps are shown.
word count: 23

Tara
Fan

Post by Tara »

They finished the location filming in the UK for opener a few weeks back, I think. And they shot a bunch of eps before hiatus that got pushed back to autumn airdates as part of s4, and there are no new casting sides floating around this week or last week, so they may not be back in production on s4 yet (well, the writers and prod. office staff most likely are, but not necessarily the actors and crew).

It's so funny--when I was a kid, everything went on hiatus in April, and came back to start filming in July for August/Aeptember premieres. But now with everything airing on different schedules, prod. are hella wacky. You've got 13 episode series becoming the norm in the US (half of what theyw ere when Iw as little--I still remember what a huge deal it was when shows went from 26 eps a year to 24! And were still 47-50 minutes long, instead of 42-44), with new first-run telly year-round, but with longer breaks between series.

I admit, I kinda miss "Summer Reruns". There are so many shows, like "Northern Exposure" for example, I never would have seen, if they hadn't been recast over the summer. Before DVD, that was what you did--waited for the summer reuns, to see the eps or series you'd missed.
word count: 233

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

Tara wrote:Before DVD, that was what you did--waited for the summer reuns, to see the eps or series you'd missed.
I'm the same way! There have been several shows I've caught in summer reruns that I couldn't watch during the year because of a favorite program that aired in the same timeslot. Gilmore Girls was a show I came to love but didn't initially watch because it aired at the same time as (I think it was) Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Another example: I'm a full season behind on Heroes, but I can't catch up unless I rent the DVDs because they don't rerun the show during the summer. That is a bummer.

In fact, sometimes I want the shows that I watch regularly to be rerun in the summer so I can catch an episode or two that I may have accidentally missed because of working late or forgetting to set my VCR.
word count: 164
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

I can see we're all deep in anticipation! A little over a month left, so not so bad now. Funny, my sister and nephew in Arizona don't have cable, and rely on me to send them tapes of Bones. Since I have another friend who needs the tapes, my sister had to wait until fairly recently to get them. Now they've just finished watching season three and my sister had to call me after viewing the final episode. She was appalled! Not only did she cry during Booth's fake funeral (couldn't she see that one coming?) but she agrees that Zach as Gorgommon's apprentice is appalling. She now insists that I find a faster way to send her the episodes!
word count: 126

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Yeah well, we did warn her, didn't we? :roll:
word count: 9