Speculation (non-spoiler)

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Re: Series 4 Airdate

Post by begolden »

Yes, we did warn her, Steph! I'd almost forgotten that you and I could barely keep our lips sealed about the season finale when we met for dinner in Liverpool last month! My sister was all about hushing us up as she didn't want to be spoiled!
word count: 49
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

September 3rd hu? :D
Is that the US date, or the UK date??
x
word count: 13
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

US I'm afraid!
word count: 4
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Darn it!
Us in the UK have to wait longer for EVERYTHING. lol. It's not good.
Oh well, i'm sure i can wait a few months. :D
word count: 28
"What if it doesn't end like that? What if it doesn't go wrong?"-Dr Jack Hodgins

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

I have ways of getting the episodes before they air in the UK. I'm always ahead for shows like CSI (all three) and Greys Anatomy. It's great because when they come on you can say "seen it" even though its the 'premiere'.
word count: 44

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

That sounds handy. I'm waiting for Bones, and 24 right now. and of course i'm in the middle of season 2 of Dexter, while the US are almost at the 3rd.
lol.:D
word count: 34

Sinkwriter72
King of the Lab

Re: season 4

Post by Sinkwriter72 »

The new season of Bones begins this coming Wednesday evening, September 3, here in the U.S.!

Mods, any comments, suggestions, or reminders you want to impart?

I just rewatched Pain in the Heart this week. Still have strong reservations about how they handled the Gormagon storyline, but the acting all around was stellar. I found myself especially affected by Tamara Taylor, when she says (something like) "From the moment I met him, I knew he'd bring me pain." It's not so much the line as it is how she says it, with just the right amount of anger mixed with disappointment and devastation.

I'd like to say I'm pumped up for the season opener, but -- given my continued irritation at how they treated Zack's character, and how the balance of the program was completely off throughout the third season -- I think I'm more curious and anxious to see how they take on the characters this season. I never would have doubted their focus before, especially after so many wonderful episodes in season two, but now I worry. I sincerely hope they surprise me. I remain open, but wary.
word count: 195
I want to thank anyone who spends part of their day creating [& sharing their experience]. I don't care if it's a book, a film, a painting, a dance, a piece of theater, a piece of music… I think this world would be unlivable without art. ~ S. Soderbergh

begolden
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by begolden »

And I really want to see how Jack deals with what happened with Zack in series 3... Not necessarily looking for soul- crushing guilt and angst (that would be a little too 15 year old girl fanfic-y for me), but just real exploration of how someone recovers from that kind of loss. The three of them--Jack, Zack and Angela--were very much the Three Musketeers, and it's got to majorly affect how they work. I mean, we already know from those months where Brennan never left the lab while Zack was in Iraq how she deals with losing her right arm like that... But now there's all the emotional turmoil as well, because they've lost a friend.

Oh Tara, wouldn't it be wonderful if the writers truly explored this angle? Sadly, I don't think it will happen to the degree that it needs to happen. There might be one look or one comment among our group, but then it will be off to feature more B/B & Sweets silliness, I'm sure.
word count: 179
Fan of the Orgasmic Grilled Cheese Sandwich

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

Oh my God it's going to be difficult not to read the threads about the episodes before I get my copy and watch it...must resist...must resist...must resist.
word count: 31

blue_eyes
Fan

Post by blue_eyes »

its starts in the uk on the 25th of september on sky 1
word count: 13
"COCENTRATE ON WHAT CANNOT LIE. THE EVIDENCE" GIL GRISSOM

English Al
Fan

Post by English Al »

blue_eyes wrote:its starts in the uk on the 25th of september on sky 1
That's good...but I don't have SKY!!

I should see them before they're on SKY though. :wink:
word count: 35

Harry_Greece
Fan

What kind of episode you want to see?

Post by Harry_Greece »

I was thinking to start a thread about all of our ideas,what kind of episode do you have in mind?just write it!

I already have one,and I think it would be great if it was real!

"The Revenge" (Possible title :D I know its lame)

An enemy of Booth Family (Like a vendetta or something you know,that runs through families) kidnaps Booth in order to kill him as his/her target is to kill all the Booth family members,BONES come across her worst nightmare she need to identify a skeleton that seems to be similars to Booth's or maybe its Booth! :shock: yeah yeah!I would love to see that kind of episode,where Booth of course is alive,the reason that the skeleton is similar is because sadly his brother Jared has been already killed by the Vendetta man! (in my scenario)!I based this episode on the first appearence of Booth's Brother,where BONES says: "Yes you have similarities to the bones" So she could have confuse the skeleton of Jared with Booth!right?

Ok your ideas now!NOWWWW!HEHEHE!
word count: 187

ForensicMama
Fan

Re: What kind of episode you want to see?

Post by ForensicMama »

I'm always coming up with new thoughts, ideas & theories. I write them down in fanfics... I'm such a dork. A gloriously wonderful dork. xD

~Mama
word count: 27
Blogger, Temptress, & Miss America All In One Compact Little Package
http://bonesspoilers.blogspot.com

Harry_Greece
Fan

Re: What kind of episode you want to see?

Post by Harry_Greece »

No! :D it doesn't make you a dork!it makes you a creative person!I like creating ideas of BONES!oh is there a fanfiction here?
word count: 26

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Season 5 Here we go

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Ok welcome to the world of Bones, Jude style. I reckon...

Booth doesn't have amnesia he's just confused after the operation etc, or if he does its short term 'cos I couldn't take more than a couple of episodes without feeling the need to throw something at the screen.

Jack and Angela make an on the spot decision to get married and just go and do it 'cos relationships definitely don't spoil shows if done right as in being allowed to seem natural. I would also like a baby Hodgins, not particularly 'cos I'd like to see the baby but I just think it would bring a new dynamic to the show.

Cam takes some time off to bond with Michelle, and this doesn't mean I wan't Tamara off the show, it means I'd like to see her outside of the lab doing something different and developing the character more.

In her absence put Bones in charge to challenge her people skills. She accepts because she's struggling with what she's feeling towards Booth and wants to create some distance between them. She also decides to go ahead with the baby plan with an anonymous donor, to avoid the emotional issues, p***ing Booth off. However, I think she struggles to conceive leading her to think more about family.

In her thoughts we see how she was as a child ('cos I don't reckon she's always been as distant as she sometimes seems). This would also be a good time for her to reconnect with Booth with us seeing some of his childhood.

Jack experiences problems when his fortune starts to diminish in the current financial climate (hey its topical). Of course this not only affects him but also the Jeffersonian so how will this affect relationships if people lose their jobs.

I know they have spoken about going abroad again which is cool but they need to do it better this time. I'm putting a vote in for a Beatles themed episode (I wonder where that could be filmed!). Seriously I like the idea of Paris, maybe Brennan goes to a seminar, Angela goes too for some girly time and murder and mayhem ensue. One thing I know for sure is that I want it to end at the Louvre with a dedication of some sort to Amy Cullen, kinda like her presence got there eventually.

Ok I think that's all for now except to say I would really like a couple of episodes where we just see the cases and I'd quite like a couple to go over more than one episode.

OMG that was very long, my imagination kinda went into overdrive, thoughts anyone?

Jude x
word count: 465

Ellen
Super Fan

Re: Speculation (non-spoiler)

Post by Ellen »

Hey Jude.
Wow, some great ideas there, my friend! I like the whole idea of the awkwardness between Booth and Brennan, in a dramatic change to the sexual tension that the viewers love so much. :D It would be great to see how all that would work out.

As for Booth's amnesia, I think I agree with you on the whole throwing stuff at the screen if they keep it up too long...Unless of course they manage to do it originally and make it interesting, and vastly different to the overused scenario of "I don't know who any of you are...who am I??"

As for the recession affecting Jack's fortune and eventually the Jeffersonian, I think that would be interesting to see, although perhaps job loss for the main characters would be hard to follow up from without getting rid of the character in question, which we obviously don't want. :D

All in all, I like your ideas. I have my own for what the finale could have been like, so I'll post those later on. Please have a read and let me know what you think. :D
word count: 192

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Hey y'all. :D Sorry, this post might be a bit long!
Here is my idea for what the finale could have been like.
Here's how it would have gone if I'd written it. :P

OK, now, this episode spans over the four days that Booth is in his coma, and to the gang's dismay, they get a case through that they have to solve without Booth. This would allow us to see what the team are like in their work place, the environment we are accustomed to seeing them in, only, they are missing a vital member of their team and their family, and this episode would focus on how each character deals with the knowledge that Booth might not survive, and if he does, might not be the same as he was.

Sweets=While everyone is coming to Sweets separately for advice, they see that Sweets is having trouble composing himself, and dealing with the current situation. He tries to act professional, but his worry shows through.

Brennan=Bones tries to act professional, and keep everyone busy so they cannot think or talk to her about Booth. She makes sure that everyone has a lot of work to do. This is not appreciated, but nor is it challenged or argued against at first.

Hodgins=Sadly for Jack, Bones has unintentionally loaded the most work on him, and due to this, our boy becomes very stressed. Jack also feels like he is loosing his friends one at a time, first Zack and now Booth. This stress leads him eventually, to confront Brennan about her attitude towards the situation. He then storms off, and everyone assumes he is going to see Booth. He is actually going to visit Zack.

Angela=Worried, but not hysterical. Understands Brennan's reasoning etc, but doesn't necessarily agree with it. She tries to tell Bones to lighten Hodgins' work load. She is the only one that knows that Jack is going to see Zack, not Booth.

That's all I've thought of so far. The episode would end with the case being abandoned, and the team sitting at booth's bedside. Hodgins arrives late, but nobody questions him. Booth wakes up, smiles at Bones. That is the ending.
word count: 376

ThyneAlone
TJ Team Validator

Post by ThyneAlone »

Fan-tastic.
Both of you actually. I knew a Speculation thread would be more than worthwhile with the imaginations we have on board here. :clap: :dance: :P
word count: 24
"We make our lives out of chaos and hope. And love." - Angela Montenegro

Jude40
Conspiracy Theorist

Post by Jude40 »

Hi all

Ellen, your ideas for the finale are so much better than what we actually got. It would have been a good way of getting Eric Millegan back in the show as the proper Zack and not the rather useless character he was in TEitB.

I think your idea would have given the cast the chance to explore the issues and emotions that occur as a result of someone being seriously ill. Ok, speaking from experience, this is never going to make for a happy episode but with an uplifting ending this would have been ok.

I just hope, for the next season, that they don't concentrate too much on B&B and that if, as looks likely, if TEitB was a foretelling of what is going to happen they are going to get together they don't draw it out too much longer. I already think that the chemistry isn't quite what it was and if they leave it too much longer it just won't work. I actually think there is more of a spark between Jack and Angela at the moment. Curiously, and this could be completely wrong, there doesn't seem to be the same sparky relationship between David and Emily in some of the stuff I've seen recently so don't know if that's a factor. Actually he seems miserable in most of the stuff I've seen, maybe its with turning 40, although I have to say it didn't make me miserable.

I see TJ is in the Big Apple doing script work at the mo and that gave me an idea. An episode of Bones in NYC would be kinda cool, I have to admit I love Manhattan (in small doses) and it would give plenty of options for good crime locations, how about a murder around a betting scam during a boxing match at Madison Square Garden, or the death of an actor which could be down to a stalker or an agent or a member of the paparazzi, or how about the murder of a priest that could be down to street kids or some developers he's clashing with. None particularly original but all could bring up some interesting conflicts in the cast.

It would be cool if they could do an Xmas episode around this 'cos I love the Xmas episodes, and I love NYC at Xmas, really sappy I know but hey sue me.

btw watched 'Lie to Me' this week and it was only the first episode, so early days, but I thought it was a bit quirky and different, promising start.

Anyway catch you later

Jude x
word count: 447

Ellen
Super Fan

Post by Ellen »

Hey. Thanks for the feedback, Jude. I appreciate it. :D
I like your idea of the New York setting, it would make a refreshing change from the lab, and I think the whole boxing thing would be a very intriguing case to watch unfold. Personally, I prefer the cases that are less complicated, but that is only because I enjoy the characterization more than the actual cases themselves.

I feel that the way in which Zack was brought back was a little unfair, to both the fans and Eric (Whose last name i Cannot spell! :P) Zack was a much loved character, and is missed by everyone, and I feel that bringing him back was without a doubt the best thing to do for the finale, but not in the way it was done. As much as Eric's presence was appreciated by all of us, I think the presence of both he AND Zack would have been even better if you know what I mean.

Perhaps the scene I imagined between Hodgins and Zack could have gotten a little emotional, maybe Hodgins would break down, and Zack would be the one to make him realize that things are a lot better than Hodgins feels. That would have given 'Zack-aroni' a real purpose, he could have been very sweet at the same time as still being as awkward as we remember (and Love so much) :D

Oh god...I've just made myself really miss Zack! I'm off to go watch some early 'Bones' and eat some ice cream! lol! :D
word count: 259